I'm putting this here because: What if, instead of being born into the Roman police state,

The prophecies of the old testament about the messiah would not have been fulfilled. Someone rewriting history (or simply a story) by doing a "what if" can rewrite the story anyway he sees fit.

He wouldn’t be crucified. The powers-that-be would have him commit suicide, with TWO rounds to the head.

Never would have happened. God planned that since the beginning of creation, and no worldly event could have changed God's plan. There are 55 or more prophesies in the Old Testament that foretold the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, some of them over a thousand years before He was even born.

What God sets in motion, no man can stop.

55 Old Testament Prophecies about Jesus | Jesus Film Project

2,000 years of history without the Catholic Church? ... no Constantine, no Charlemagne, no King Author, no Copernicus, no Martin Luther ...

We won't be anywhere close to as technologically advanced as we are, there'd be too much banditry and anarchy ... whatever else can be said about the Catholic Church, it did provide unity among the different peoples ... a 12th Century Englishman could travel to Russia and expect the same general level of moral standards ... a common set of rules to interact with and this in turn would generate common understandings ... and if you notice, most all our modern advances came from many people from many different communities ... if there's constant warfare between our communities then these advances are so much slower ...

Jesus would be finishing up his PhD studies at Brigham Young University right about now ...

The OP poses a paradox.

The United States was founded on Christian principles. So Jesus could not have been born into the United States as we know it, because the United States as we know it could not have come to exist if Jesus hadn't predated it, and caused the principles to be established before the United States could be founded on them.

I personally consider it arrogant, and a bit blasphemous to try to attribute political positions to Jesus. He never said much about how government should operate, and I doubt if he would do so if he was here today. He never did say, and I doubt he ever would, that we should compel government to take wealth from those who have worked to earn it, and give it to those who have not. What he advocated was voluntary, individual charity, not government-forced redistribution of wealth. What he did say is that we, as individuals, should share what we have, with those who are less fortunate.

He also never said anything against the right or duty of sovereign nations to defend themselves and their residents against foreign invaders, and I very much doubt that he would do so today.

And no…

What would Jesus—the baby born in Bethlehem who grew into an itinerant preacher and revolutionary activist, who not only died challenging the police state of his day (namely, the Roman Empire) but spent his adult life speaking truth to power, challenging the status quo of his day, and pushing back against the abuses of the Roman Empire—do?

…he did not die “…challenging the police state of his day (namely, the Roman Empire)…”, nor was he “…pushing back against the abuses of the Roman Empire.” To the extent that he challenged any body of authority, it was the religious leadership of his day that he challenged, not the government leadership.

Then again, had Jesus’ parents been undocumented immigrants…

Irrelevant. Jesus and his parents were not illegal foreign invaders (let's please use honest language, and not the intellectually-dishonest politically-correct wording). You might as well say that if Jesus robbed a convenience store, we'd have thrown him in jail.

There's a lot more wrong with the OP's article than what I have addressed, but I have other things to do with my day than spend it all picking this article apart. I think I'll leave it at this, for now.

Never would have happened. God planned that since the beginning of creation, and no worldly event could have changed God's plan. There are 55 or more prophesies in the Old Testament that foretold the birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus, some of them over a thousand years before He was even born.

Which God? Which Jesus? Christians say Jesus is coming back- Jews say he ain't been here yet- who do we believe? Jews are God's chosen- what are Christians? Maybe Allah isn't real either.

Which God? Which Jesus? Christians say Jesus is coming back- Jews say he ain't been here yet- who do we believe? Jews are God's chosen- what are Christians? Maybe Allah isn't real either.

There is only one God and one God only. All others are false prophets, idols, or humans which died. The Jews are mistaken, but they will eventually come around.

The Jews are mistaken, but they will eventually come around.
They most likely say the same about Christians- I don't believe they're chosen and I don't believe Christians- I do believe both are blind and want to force conformity- just like Islamist who BTW, have closer beliefs to Christians than to Jews, so I've read-

So ... we're just tossing Hindus under the bus? ... because if they happen to be right, we'd be up shit creek without a paddle ...

We'll be coming back as cockroaches or worse ...

Forum List

Back