What if Jesus Had Been Born in 2015?

So he was born in the U.S. but his parents weren't? Anchor baby. We know how RWs feel about anchor babies.
Jesus had to be martyred. No crucifixion no story. Sort of like ghandi

Which really makes no sense. Why did God need to be sacrificed to God just so God could forgive mankind for using God's gift of free will when God knew the outcome in advance? Why not just skip the middle man and just forgive man's sins before making man in the first place?

It is an evidence that humans are not capable to govern themselves.Only God can run humanity, only Holy Bible must be Constitution and Laws in Christian countries.

So he was born in the U.S. but his parents weren't? Anchor baby. We know how RWs feel about anchor babies.

Which really makes no sense. Why did God need to be sacrificed to God just so God could forgive mankind for using God's gift of free will when God knew the outcome in advance? Why not just skip the middle man and just forgive man's sins before making man in the first place?
I'm sure the answer to that question is acceptable to Christians but honestly anything that takes that much explaining must be bullshit.

An good answer shouldn't raise 200 more valid questions.

Ask too many questions eventually you'll stump even the best priest and they'll tell you, "you just gotta have faith".

Oh, one other thing. Doubt me you'll burn in hell.

If Jesus had been born in 2015, there's a good chance that his manger would have been car bombed.

If he was born in 2015 this would be year 0. And all of the New Years parties you've gone to in your life would have never happened. And there would have been no millennium, or Y2K computer problem, or Party Like It's 1999 by Prince, or even a single Christmas, or Spanish Inquisition, or The Crusades. And conservatives would be whining about the 'War On Mithra'.

It is an evidence that humans are not capable to govern themselves.Only God can run humanity, only Holy Bible must be Constitution and Laws in Christian countries.

Be careful what you wish for.

If Christian countries only used Biblical law then every Christian would be put to death for idolatry.

He'd be just another long hair on the street corner proclaiming the end is nigh.

Well there were a lot of them back in the day too. It's hard to avoid the conclusion that Jesus was preaching Jewish Apocalypticism....trust me....I have tried HARD to avoid that conclusion because of the implications of that message and how history unfolded. A modern parallel might be man-made global warming for example.

But I think people get confused by the antiquated language of the Bible and don't put it into human terms. Jesus, Paul, and the prophets of the Old Testament were political/religious activists. Picture a modern political demonstration with a bunch of people listening to a speaker. The speaker is shouting about injustice and inciting the crowd while screaming through a bullhorn about how fucked up the system is and how we have to take a stand and take it back....ok....that's who the prophets were. That's who Paul was, that's who Jeremiah was, that's who Isaiah was. Paul of Tarsus was the 1st Century equivalent of Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Paul Begala, etc. Jesus was too but not quite so extreme (although He DID chase people out of the Temple with a whip according to the Gospel of John. LOL So maybe He was).

I am not sure there would be a lot of difference really

"Judge not, lest ye be judged...unless they're gay."

Actually Jesus never said a word about homosexuality. If He had an opinion on it, it never made it to scripture. Interesting too. Jesus said that a physician does not care for the healthy. He cares for the sick. Jesus ministered to tax collectors, adulterers, those of weak faith, just about every segment of society, but not a word about Him ministering to homosexuals or saying a word about it.

Does that mean that Jesus didn't think homosexuals were doing anything that required ministering? He ministered to everyone else that was "sick". Why not homosexuals? Maybe He didn't think they were "sick". Just a thought

It makes perfect sense but you have to understand how things worked in antiquity. Prior to Jesus if one wanted to send prayers to God they had to go through the Temple. They had to bring a sacrifice (usually a lamb or a small animal). That sacrifice would be given to the Temple priests who would sacrifice it and send your prayers to God on your behalf. The only way to God, therefore, was through the Temple.

Jesus is called "the Lamb of God" because He was the sacrifice for all mankind. He was killed on the day of Passover or the Day of Preparation (depending on which gospel you read) but the point is that Jesus became the sacrifice for all mankind for eternity. Jesus was the "sacrificial animal" to allow God to hear prayers. Thus, through the sacrifice of Jesus, we do not need to go through the Temple or the Temple priests. We can go directly to God with our prayers and cut out the middle man. This was something that was not available before the crucifixion of Jesus

I'm sure the answer to that question is acceptable to Christians but honestly anything that takes that much explaining must be bullshit.

Ask too many questions eventually you'll stump even the best priest and they'll tell you, "you just gotta have faith".

Have I ever made such statements Sealy?

No. Lots of religious folk are OK in my book. Even Muslims Mormons and Jews. You guys aren't so bad.

I don't see why some people get offended or angry or mean when they are told we do not believe in God. Christians don't chop off our heads like Muslims do, but you won't vote for someone who doesn't believe in God.

I don't see the big deal. You believe there is and God or creator and I don't. What's the problem?

The problem is when you guys say God talked to your ancestors and told them belief is required or burn in hell.

You don't say that? Clarify

No. Lots of religious folk are OK in my book. Even Muslims Mormons and Jews. You guys aren't so bad.

I don't see why some people get offended or angry or mean when they are told we do not believe in God. Christians don't chop off our heads like Muslims do, but you won't vote for someone who doesn't believe in God.

sure we will. There are some who wont. Most really don't care. You are generalizing.
I don't see the big deal. You believe there is and God or creator and I don't. What's the problem?

There isn't one

The problem is when you guys say God talked to your ancestors and told them belief is required or burn in hell.

Actually scripture doesn't say that. Popes said that to terrify the peasants into behaving a certain way but the Bible never says that...at least not in Greek or Hebrew. It does in some English translations but not in the original languages.

sure we will. There are some who wont. Most really don't care. You are generalizing.

There isn't one

Actually scripture doesn't say that. Popes said that to terrify the peasants into behaving a certain way but the Bible never says that...at least not in Greek or Hebrew. It does in some English translations but not in the original languages.
I respect your views. What do you think about the Chaldeans I watch on religious tv saying Islam should not be allowed into America? Arent they Arab Catholics? Does the Catholic church agree with these television preachers?

It makes perfect sense but you have to understand how things worked in antiquity. Prior to Jesus if one wanted to send prayers to God they had to go through the Temple. They had to bring a sacrifice (usually a lamb or a small animal). That sacrifice would be given to the Temple priests who would sacrifice it and send your prayers to God on your behalf. The only way to God, therefore, was through the Temple.

Jesus is called "the Lamb of God" because He was the sacrifice for all mankind. He was killed on the day of Passover or the Day of Preparation (depending on which gospel you read) but the point is that Jesus became the sacrifice for all mankind for eternity. Jesus was the "sacrificial animal" to allow God to hear prayers. Thus, through the sacrifice of Jesus, we do not need to go through the Temple or the Temple priests. We can go directly to God with our prayers and cut out the middle man. This was something that was not available before the crucifixion of Jesus

Your view of prayers is completely incorrect.

Independent has something to tell you

Forum List

Back