What I would do.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Charles_Main, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    We always hear Dems say the other side has no Ideas, they just say no. So at risk of being attacked from Both sides I am going to lay out what I would do.

What I would do about the Economy and Debt.

First off, I would keep Individual Tax rates progressive like they are. With the highest Earners paying a higher %. I would Reform the Tax code to eliminate ALL loop wholes for Individuals so they are Actually paying the % we set. I might even be open to raising taxes on the richest amongst us.

As for Cooperate Taxes. I would slash them. Going on the theory that Cooperation's simply collect taxes we are paying by raising Prices and fees to offset any tax you put on them. Possibly to 0 for a short time to attract business back to the US. We have High wages but if we can be a very friendly tax environment it could help to offset that. So we could keep having high wages and not watch Businesses flee.

I would cut Capital Gains taxes to 0 for a short time, then cap them at 4% after that time. I would start a National Sales tax of 2%. This tax would not apply to food, and basic necessities, nor would it apply to services.

I would push to Legalize Industrial Hemp, and Marijuana possession for those over 21, and Tax it heavily. I would Invest in every type of Alternative fuel. From Nuclear plants, to Solar, wind, Hydrogen, Hemp and other bio fuels. As well as allow responsible Exploration and Drilling to continue. With strict over site from the Fed.

I would Repeal the current health care bill. I am not going to get into all the detail off my Health plan but here is a summary. I would remove restrictions on who you can buy insurance from, and make it so you do not have to worry about losing your carrier if you lose or change your job, or move. I would do TORT reform, and cap what attorneys can make in cases, as well as put a cap on some aspects of what you can get paid for when you sue. I would set up a government health insurance company for those who can not afford to pay any or all of their insurance cost. People would pay based on what their income level. The poorest amongst us paying nothing. Those who can afford their own insurance would not have to use the Government Company, and could if they chose but would pay full price. The idea would be that this government company would be run as an equal competitor to the 1500 Other companies. The same laws that stop Cooperation's from Under cutting their competitors to much or shamelessly taking a loss because they can to put their competitors out of business would apply to this government co. The aim being to keep the Government from using this company to drive Prices down unrealistically and kill Private insurance.

That is by far not all we could do about health care but is a start.

I would go through every part of the budget. Including Defense, and make common sense cuts on wasteful spending. Focusing on Streamlining Bureaucracy, where a lot of waste goes. I would allow younger people to start opting out of SS in favor of Privatized plans with Over site. While allowing those who have been paying in for a long time to collect SS.

I would continue to go after terrorist around the world with a combination of Special forces, Intel Assets, Law enforcement, and targeted air power. but I would Bring the troops home from Iraq, and Afghanistan and fully secure our borders. As an immediate way to combat unemployment I would build an extensive Double Fence system along the southern border hiring the Unemployed to build it. I would heavily patrol the border with manpower and Unmanned vehicles, and Intercept and immediately expel all people caught attempting to cross or enter the USA from anywhere illegally. Any Drug, Gun, or Human Smugglers Caught would be tried and sent to Gitmo for the duration of their sentence, and then Expelled.

I would pass Immigration reform, But it would not include any immediate Amnesty or Immediately citizenship for those here illegally. Undocumented people here now, Would be required to come in. Become documented, and begin the process of becoming Citizens. Only those with Felony Criminal Records would be Deported.(yes I know those with Criminal Records would not willingly come in) The rest would become legal Citizens after waiting the same amount of time as someone applying to come legally. They would have a deadline to come in, after which time they would be charged with a felony for not complying and be deported when and if they are picked up. During the wait those who chose to come in would pay taxes, and be treated as a citizen in every respect other than they could not vote until they become legal Citizens. As far as Guest worker programs and Quotas I would take a common sense look at the numbers and adjust them as needed.

Just some Ideas of one little guy who is labeled on the right anyways lol.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  2. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,309
    I think you have some very interesting ideas. I'm not going to pick them apart although I can see some problems. There is one thing I would definitely change in your plan. I could go along with lower Corporate tax but only if corporations were penalized for investing and hiring outside the US. Many large corporations are starting to expand and create new jobs. Unfortunately much of those investments and new jobs are going abroad.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251

A penalty maybe, But the whole Idea is to give them reasons to come back, and give them less reason to move jobs away. The immediate effects of a temporary suspension of Capitol Gains and Cooperate taxes would be America becoming the Destination of Choice for New Investment and Business. Just announcing you were going to do it, would cause a bull market like you have never seen, and an influx of Jobs. Once we have recovered you then go to the numbers I suggested on Capital Gains and Cooperate taxes and you would see a massive increased in revenue, and still have a relatively Business friendly environment. This all has to be coupled with common sense not overly restrictive Regulations and over site of course.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  4. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Another Idea.

I would do everything in my power to encourage private investment in a revitalization of our Rail systems, and expansion of Both Freight and passenger lines. Even Burning Diesel a train is an incredibly efficient and relatively environmentally friendly for of transportation. both High Speed and regular rail.

I would in act Regulations that would require that in the future Power companies, natural Gas, Cable, Phone, and any others requiring lines and right of ways. Cooperate with each other so their lines can all run together along Rail and highway corridors. I have always found it stupid that we have power lines, phone lines, cable lines, etc, and we do not coordinate them to save space, and keep down clutter as well as be more efficient and save money on over head.

Another Idea.

I would look into reforming the current license system for companies who are taking our natural resources and profiting from them. If they are drilling US oil, or Gas, or Coal or trees or what ever. They need to be paying more to the People of the United states for them.

Another Idea.

I would push to have slightly longer single terms for all elected politicians, no more revolving door, only looking to the next election politics. I would reform Campaign Finance laws requiring Federal funding for 3rd party candidates that normally can not get beyond the primaries because of the ridicules spending power of the 2 big parties. I would require that the Major networks provide air time for debates and adds for all parties paid for by public funds to try and even the playing field. I would also severely shorten the campaign process by law. We have gotten to the point of perpetual Campaigning now and that means our officials are never really acting as an official, they are always a candidate.

5. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    Herein lies what you are doing correctly in this thread...

Just say KNOW.

6. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Well that was helpful. Troll

7. The T

The T George S. Patton Party Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
    Ratings:
    +5,502
    How so? The statement was in support of your position of knowing what YOU would do.

I am befuddled by the last word in your statement.

The People should be the epitome of telling this regime of Statists NO...and debating real ideas and solutions as they are in power as in KNOW.

So what gives with the 'Troll' business?

:eusa_hand:

8. Flopper

Flopper Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,309
    The corporate tax rate seem quite high. However when you consider the tax loop holes and deduction it's not the burden that you might think.

I am quite sure a reduction in corporate taxes would send equity prices up but if a company is building its wigits in China and selling them at a big profit in the US and elsewhere why would they build a plant in the US and hire Americans instead of expanding in China? Cost would still be higher. However if the corporate tax was reduced for revenues derived from American manufacturing that could help.

U.S. corporations face the same tax rate on capital gains as on ordinary income. Implementing a reduced capital gains would be helpful provided that tax is strictly on gains from investments in the US.

9. sparky

sparky VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    the problem would be implimenting such a change(s) into a tax code so covoluted with beuracracy even NY lawyers run screaming from it....

as well as stifle those Congresscritters that thing free trade is a good idea . There are even those out there who's platform is inclusive of promoting free tradism. They do so because the general public , even in liue of all the boarded up ex-biz's here, is actually sold on the notion that competeing with someone in 3rd world sh*tholes making $.02 an hr is a GOOD thing

most cuts are in line with some sort of tradeoff, but then i suppose what is prudent would be what part of the economy to be stimulated, gains vs. sales tax? biz ventures vs. consumerism? a good debate there....

3 seperate issues, all valid.

however, the Fed, or should i say the blazingly shill Fed, is the root problem of all 3 here

addressing what is 1/6th of our economy via a shill governance has basically doomed us to it's paristical practice(s) of obsfication via corporatism

to revist this armed with the same isiotic formula would , imho, simply wok against it's basic intents , just as this go around did

againt, 2 seperate issues, albeit related to an overall budget.

we have an insane DOD slice of the pie, which when confronted paints the observer as lefty, loonie, or pinko

i say stop these people from creating foriegn policy, and by proxy we'll tourniqeut the arterial bleed they've insisted on

I'm all for defending our nation, but doing it honestly, and for the whole of us as opposed to the few would be refreshing. For instance, the term 'terrorist' is merely a 50's redux of red peril here.

examine the root of this, strip away that fear factor, and it reveals nothing more than global class warfare

one can't fight any enemy without first idenifying who and what it's all about

an apt start, what might be something of help would be to look at what other countries are, or have done....

10. R.C. Christian

R.C. Christian Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,195
    And you call yourself a libertarian Charles? LOL.