What have you done?!

Went to school with Peter Coors through the 6th grade. His best friend was a kid named Neil. Our class used to do these weird parties at the brewery where they would hand out little inch tall ceramic mugs and little wads of hops leaves. A TV star named Sky King lived on table mountain which borders that same town (Golden, Colorado). He was more than a little strange and used to invite entire classes of elementary kids to his mansion for swimming parties. I saw my best friend drown there.

I married the heir to a strange little airline called Grace Pan American but, rather than go broke after two mail planes went into the ocean, the family sold it. The patriarch of that family was one of the original astronauts and an early experimental airplane pilot who died when he was decapitated landing with an open cockpit on a carrier.

I once fell asleep during a Mother of Invention concert and the group I sang with was the opening act for a then-unknown singer named Judy Collins at a coffee house called The Exodus in Denver. I also sang with that group at another coffee house called the Green Spider in Denver. One of the guys with whom I sang just recently died of an accidental gun shot wound in Texas. He was well known as a poet laureate but I remember him for his friendship.

Since only the last one is something that I did, I'll add this -

I got thrown out of a Greek restaurant in Georgetown DC. My date and I drank too much Ouzo and got a little obnoxious about the floor show. But, in my defense .... They were dancing and one squatted down and (honest to gawd) took the corner of our table in his mouth and lifted it off the floor while dancing. The table we had been leaning on and where our food and drinks were, just sort of floated up and away. We were giggling and whispering and just as the music ended but before the applause, I whispered something like, 'only in America can a young boy ... '. There was no one in the restaurant who did not hear me.

You were tossed out just for saying, "'only in America can a young boy ... "? What was the offensive part?

I was once interviewed in a murder investigation. As a possible witness.

In another case, I had to testify in court about a possible indictment in an attempted murder case, again as a witness.

I once saw a guy slip on a banana peel.

I didn't know people actually did that, anymore than getting a pie in the face. But sure enough my buddy and I walking along and a dude coming in the other direction slips with foot flying up and almost lands on his ass, all from a banana peel laying on the ground. So that does work.

Sorry I don't have anything more noble. I did run into Mike Tyson at the mall once, but its a big mall so surely that isn't unique enough.

I ran an amazing B&B at the foot of Mt Baker for a year, handled llamas and cooked breakfast for up to 14 daily.

I made Saints fans of people who care nothing for football by having a Superbowl party at same lodge when the Saints finally did it. They were so excited for me.

I attended quite a bit of the Vancouver Olympics

I've told 3 women they were pregnant before they even suspected

I've been on a krewe, from the ball to the float, during Mardi Gras in New Orleans

I once saw a guy slip on a banana peel.

I didn't know people actually did that, anymore than getting a pie in the face. But sure enough my buddy and I walking along and a dude coming in the other direction slips with foot flying up and almost lands on his ass, all from a banana peel laying on the ground. So that does work.

Sorry I don't have anything more noble. I did run into Mike Tyson at the mall once, but its a big mall so surely that isn't unique enough.

I actually slipped on a banana peel myself the other day. Banana oil can be gooey.

Forum List

Back