What have the poor done to deserve our support?

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
In frequent threads here the brain-dead leftists moan about how the "idle rich" (like there is such a thing) don't deserve their money. But look at the other side. The poor in this country enjoy a lifestyle envied by even middle class people in most of the world. What have they done to deserve this? The idlest of the idle rich invest money and help other hard working people get ahead. The poor simply absorb tax payer funding and have babies.

I am flabbergasted by the arrogance, ignorance, and elitism required to seriously pose this question.

Then answering it ought to be a cinch. But you can't.

What percent of the wealthy are fighting for their country?

What is the wealth 'cut off' point for getting into the military?
Precisely. None. Most go into the military to defend thier nation on behalf of thier countrymen...even to defend RW'er.

Frankly I think RW is unmasking himself.

Actually depending on what you call wealthy plenty of college educated people go into the military, through ROTC and the academies. The myth of the poor army is just that.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT

Precisely. None. Most go into the military to defend thier nation on behalf of thier countrymen...even to defend RW'er.

He's not talking about our volunteer military, but the draft military. The volunteer military is firmly middle class.

They are the ones who clean up your shit, make your burger, and make sure Walmart has your favorite brand of Depends. You are douche bag Rabbi.

And they have been paid appropriately for their labors...

If everyone on the fucking planet were not qualified to do the same exact thing, they could then probably demand more for their labor... if you do not improve yourself, what you can bring to the table in skills, etc, it is not up to society or government to make up for it

They are the ones who clean up your shit, make your burger, and make sure Walmart has your favorite brand of Depends. You are douche bag Rabbi.

And they have been paid appropriately for their labors...

If everyone on the fucking planet were not qualified to do the same exact thing, they could then probably demand more for their labor... if you do not improve yourself, what you can bring to the table in skills, etc, it is not up to society or government to make up for it
Equal oppritunity is one thing, and afforded to all...what these people demand is equal outcome. With equal outcome, incentive is lost. Individuality is lost.

Well where are they?

Of the 5500 who gave their lives over the last ten years, how many were millionaires?

Rabbi sneeringly asks what the poor have done to deserve our support. I am bringing up that compared to the wealthy, they are the ones fighting and dying for our country.

Prove me wrong

He's not talking about our volunteer military, but the draft military. The volunteer military is firmly middle class.

I sure am talking about our volunteer military

How many of the sainted one percent are volunteering to fight for this country?

I sure am talking about our volunteer military

How many of the sainted one percent are volunteering to fight for this country?

On the socioeconomic side, the military is strongly middle class, Gilroy said. More recruits are drawn from the middle class and fewer are coming from poorer and wealthier families. Recruits from poorer families are actually underrepresented in the military, Gilroy said.

Other trends are that the number of recruits from wealthier families is increasing, and the number of recruits from suburban areas has increased. This also tracks that young men and women from the middle class are serving in the military.

Young men and women from urban areas are not volunteering, Gilroy said. In fact, urban areas provide far fewer recruits as a percentage of the total population than small towns and rural areas.

U.S. Military Recruiting Demographics

(It's from 2005 though, so maybe a little dated)

For one thing, what's poor. To the billionaire, the mere millionaire is very poor. The poor in this country is beyond the wildest dreams wealthy of the poor in most of the world.

My step granddaughter is poor. She lives below the poverty line. Or does she? She is a single mother with four children from four different anonymous men. She lives in Section 8 housing, a nice three bedroom two bath apartment. Her utilities are all subsidized. She had benefit provided telephone service and a benefit provided cell phone. Her childen eat all three meals a day at school, but she still has a loaded EBT card. In addition, there are food banks and food pantries where she doesn't have to pay at all. My step granddaughter doesn't drive. When she wants to go someplace she has generously been provided a transit card to take the bus. If the bus doesn't go where she wants to go she can call for a car. There are a number of public benefit provided access cars. It would be unfair to say she doesn't work. She provides child care to her friend's three children. She gets a check every month for that. Her friend gets paid for providing child care to my step granddaughter's children. She gets her welfare check every month. She has never had to buy her children Christmas presents. They get dozens from any number of holiday giveaway programs. Two of her children have been diagnosed as having some form of hyper activity disorder. They get SSI.

All in all, her take home is in excess of $5,000 a month. She can afford to get her hair and nails done regularly. She can afford to pay for her medical marijuana which she needs for generalized stress. Getting this kind of medical care as a public benefit is something she is vitally interested in. She isn't rich, but she certainly is quite comfortable.

It wasn't always like this. She was going to join the Coast Guard and get job training. At one time she was considering culinary school and become a chef. She had dreams at one time but all that was leached away because being poor was just so easy and so comfortable.

Bullshit.

Wow. Lots of neg reps and personal attacks. And not one person has answered the question.
If the left is so stuck on taxing the shit out of rich people because they dont work then why aren't they hep on cutting benefits for poor people who dont work?
Contumacious had it right: they vote. That's it.

Clem, you missed the point.

People aren't on assistance because they don't want to work, but because they can't find work. Because rich people have figured out the fastest way to make a buck is to gut the middle class. Bust that union, send those jobs to China, replace someone with a machine. Better yet, let's save some money by using prison labor. And oddly enough, the US locks up more people than any country in the world.

When I had a phone in the 1980's, and i had a question about a bill, I called up, talked to a nice Ameircan person and got it resolved.

When I had a question about a bill last year, I got ten minutes of prompts from an automated answering machine before I was routed to a call center in the Philippines and had to explain for about 10 minutes to a person who didn't speak English as her primary language before I got my problem resolved.

Wow. Lots of neg reps and personal attacks. And not one person has answered the question.
If the left is so stuck on taxing the shit out of rich people because they dont work then why aren't they hep on cutting benefits for poor people who dont work?
Contumacious had it right: they vote. That's it.

Clem, you missed the point.

People aren't on assistance because they don't want to work, but because they can't find work. Because rich people have figured out the fastest way to make a buck is to gut the middle class. Bust that union, send those jobs to China, replace someone with a machine. Better yet, let's save some money by using prison labor. And oddly enough, the US locks up more people than any country in the world.

When I had a phone in the 1980's, and i had a question about a bill, I called up, talked to a nice Ameircan person and got it resolved.

When I had a question about a bill last year, I got ten minutes of prompts from an automated answering machine before I was routed to a call center in the Philippines and had to explain for about 10 minutes to a person who didn't speak English as her primary language before I got my problem resolved.

Idiot. There are some people in between jobs. That happens. FWIW local churches and other benevolent orgs are far better equipped to deal with those situations than the gov't.
But that's not what I'm talking about. I am talking about the perpetual non-working, who continue to receive benefits as a right.
As to your rant, during most of Bush's tenure the UE rate was about 5%. Meanwhile there was lots of off shoring going on. So off shoring does not cause job loss. Actually for every job exported three more are created domestically.
In the 1980s you doubtless did not have a cell phone (few people did). You ached for the time you could get 10 cents a minute for calling. Today your calls are largely free based on a flat rate and you can make them almost anywhere.

Idiot. There are some people in between jobs. That happens. FWIW local churches and other benevolent orgs are far better equipped to deal with those situations than the gov't.
But that's not what I'm talking about. I am talking about the perpetual non-working, who continue to receive benefits as a right.
As to your rant, during most of Bush's tenure the UE rate was about 5%. Meanwhile there was lots of off shoring going on. So off shoring does not cause job loss. Actually for every job exported three more are created domestically.
In the 1980s you doubtless did not have a cell phone (few people did). You ached for the time you could get 10 cents a minute for calling. Today your calls are largely free based on a flat rate and you can make them almost anywhere.

OH, so you are talking about the Welfare Queen that Reagan talked about that didn't really exist. Are we going to talk about unicorns next? Lepruchauns?

The Unemployment rate isn't that important. a 5% unemployment rate where everyone has McJobs isn't an improvement. I would much rather have the Clinton UE of 3.9% where you could throw out a resume and get a better paying job in a month that you barely qualified for than the 6.3% UE of Bush where you couldn't get a job you totally qualified for because you were competing against 40 other guys who were just as qualifed.

Offshoring replaced good paying manufacturing jobs with service McJobs. That was NOT an improvement, guy. Bloodletting is not a valid medical treatment, either. We send out 500 billion in wealth every year to other countries, that's not a good thing.

In frequent threads here the brain-dead leftists moan about how the "idle rich" (like there is such a thing) don't deserve their money. But look at the other side. The poor in this country enjoy a lifestyle envied by even middle class people in most of the world. What have they done to deserve this? The idlest of the idle rich invest money and help other hard working people get ahead. The poor simply absorb tax payer funding and have babies.

Fuck you ...you pathetic piece of shit..

That's all... just that.

Forum List

Back