What have the poor done to deserve our support?

"What have the poor done to deserve our support?"

They built and maintain this Nation. Do rich people do anything besides go to "meetings"?

I think he was talking about those on welfare that choose to sit on there asses on welfare and do not even bother to look for work. Not the poor who look for work and are just having a hard time finding it.
I'll answer the question, those who choose to sit on their asses and not help themselves do not deserve the help of others. Those that at least try to find work and do better for themselves deserve our help to get them on their feet.

then he should have said that......but he did not......

If you listen to his whole quote instead of just being a left wing prick here and I'm no Romney fan, Mitt was explaining how the poor had a safety net built in and the rich shouldn't worry but he was really concerned in this day and age the the middle class was losing everything they had gained slowly over all these decades.

But hey you want to lie because that's the drum beat over this or to remain ignorant of the truth.

Odds are if you are a Democrat you are just a blatant liar.

I think he was talking about those on welfare that choose to sit on there asses on welfare and do not even bother to look for work. Not the poor who look for work and are just having a hard time finding it.
I'll answer the question, those who choose to sit on their asses and not help themselves do not deserve the help of others. Those that at least try to find work and do better for themselves deserve our help to get them on their feet.

then he should have said that......but he did not......

If you listen to his whole quote instead of just being a left wing prick here and I'm no Romney fan, Mitt was explaining how the poor had a safety net built in and the rich shouldn't worry but he was really concerned in this day and age the the middle class was losing everything they had gained slowly over all these decades.

But hey you want to lie because that's the drum beat over this or to remain ignorant of the truth.

Odds are if you are a Democrat you are just a blatant liar.

Don't think Harry is liberal or a democrat, but whatever.

Mitt was explaining how the poor had a safety net built in and the rich shouldn't worry but he was really concerned in this day and age the the middle class was losing everything they had gained slowly over all these decades.

That's OK, when the middle-class hit poor, the safety net will catch them.

Right?

What have the poor done to deserve our support?

The bottom 50% of the population make it possible for the upper 50% to be so.

Sans that lower 50%, half the top 50% would become the lower 50%.

Without the working man, the plutocrat is nothing. He has no source of wealth. Yet, in spite of this, the rightwingnuts continue to spout their contempt of anyone that works.

If a job is neccessary for the running of this society, it should carry a wage that allows a person to have a decent life.

Now I am not poor, not rich, either. A blue collar middle class that goes to work every day realizing how lucky I am to have my health and the skills to earn good wages. And I appreciate the efforts of those that are making less than a third of what I am, with no benefits, doing the neccessary work that people like Rabbi would not do.

Debunking the Myth of the “Welfare Queen”: Who Actually Receives TANF Benefits?
Nov 2010

[...]one out of every seven Americans is living in poverty, and 29.9% of female-headed households live below the federal poverty line. In 2008, 20.7% of all U.S. children under age 18 lived in poverty. To frame welfare as a black woman’s problem counterproductively divides the poor into defensive racial groups, making it even easier to silence their concerns.

In 2008, TANF distributed its highest percentages of funds to African Americans and white Americans (receiving 34.2% and 31.5% respectively), but 2009 statistics from the National Poverty Center at the University of Michigan show 25.8% of blacks and 25.3% of Hispanics below the poverty line, compared to 12.5% of Asians and only 9.4% of whites. Federal funding is being distributed disproportionately amongst racial demographics, but the stereotype wants us to believe otherwise. Plus, these numbers show, poverty affects all groups of people in the U.S. – it shouldn’t be represented as a simple distinction between poor black and poor white people.

Another aggravating aspect of the “welfare queen” myth is the notion that a person receiving TANF benefits scoops them up month by month and uses them not for rent or other necessities, but for illegal drugs or items they couldn’t otherwise pay for (hence the “welfare Cadillac”). This couldn’t be further from reality. Government-subsidized cash assistance isn’t going to make someone rich – in Pennsylvania, the maximum amount a mother with two children can receive in most counties is $403 per month. Recipients have trouble pulling their families out of poverty at all, and end up in the same spot once their benefits expire. Plus, welfare reform laws limit the amount of time a family is eligible to receive benefits, five years being the max. Exceptions to the rule are possible, but they are few and far between.

I love when a Rabbi thread backfires. Even his fellow conservatives are getting on him. This thread is brought to you by the same guy who LOVES to generalize and said black people can't be good leaders.

In frequent threads here the brain-dead leftists moan about how the "idle rich" (like there is such a thing) don't deserve their money. But look at the other side. The poor in this country enjoy a lifestyle envied by even middle class people in most of the world. What have they done to deserve this? The idlest of the idle rich invest money and help other hard working people get ahead. The poor simply absorb tax payer funding and have babies.

:eek:

Yup. them welfare folks.

A few problems with your premise here, Corky.

The first is that investment creates jobs. Bullshit.

Consumer demand creates jobs. If people don't want something, all the investment in the world isn't going to change that. All investment is is gambling, when you get down to it. The guy who picks the right guess wins.

But at the end of the day, it's the demand that is the driver, not the investment. And when you hollow out the middle class, you reduce demand. When you are bleeding 500 billion a year because you've offshored your manufacturing, the pie is actually getting smaller.

Now, easy credit unfortunately dulled the pain for years, and we all spent ourselves into a lot of debt, using our houses as collateral. Until the housing bubble burst, that was.

The second problem with your premise is that them welfare people are just trying to "get over".

Nope. they are just trying to survive.

40% of households on food stamps have at least one person in the household who is bringing home a paycheck.

you see, you far right nutbags like to complain about government dependency, but the fact is, you are the ones creating that dependency. If someone has a McJob instead of a good paying job, they are going to ask for food stamps, for section 8 vouchers, for medicaid and so on. And they will vote for the party that gives that to them.

The best anti-poverty program is a job.

What have the poor done? Is that the question? Well, the poor people that I rent to struggle to pay the rent and put grocerys on the table. They struggle to maintain their health. They struggle to keep their cars running. They struggle to keep their kids in school and out of jail. They struggle with addictions and depressions.

They struggle with basic math and literacy. They struggle with menial jobs. They struggle with the idea that, somehow some way, they (poor people) have become the reason for the entire nations struggles.

Hope that helps answer the question.

Any one know what motivates a person more than the pursuit on the American dream? Survival. Damn them poor people for trying to survive the best way they can.

BTW, poor people have the WORST lobbyists in the entire lobbying industry.

But I have to say; I haven't had an extremely rich person do jack shit for me.

What do you expect from a party that cheers the death of poor people right on national TV.

I love when a Rabbi thread backfires. Even his fellow conservatives are getting on him. This thread is brought to you by the same guy who LOVES to generalize and said black people can't be good leaders.

Rabbi says a lot of really stupid things.

And I get the feeling he isn't a guy who wears a three peice suit and works in a corner office.

He's a guy with a lot of misdirected resentment.

In frequent threads here the brain-dead leftists moan about how the "idle rich" (like there is such a thing) don't deserve their money. But look at the other side. The poor in this country enjoy a lifestyle envied by even middle class people in most of the world. What have they done to deserve this? The idlest of the idle rich invest money and help other hard working people get ahead. The poor simply absorb tax payer funding and have babies.

Was there a reason behind you being a douche?

Many people fall on hard times through no fault of their own. Not every poor person is a welfare slug like the dem poster child in LA.

So the republican party crashes our economy and makes more poor people by doing it.

Then they campaign by cheering the death of poor people on national TV.

How is it they win elections?

There are fewer and fewer rich people and MORE and MORE poor people.

Seems to me you would have to cheat to win elections.

Oh thats right you do

So the republican party crashes our economy and makes more poor people by doing it.

Then they campaign by cheering the death of poor people on national TV.

How is it they win elections?

There are fewer and fewer rich people and MORE and MORE poor people.

Seems to me you would have to cheat to win elections.

Oh thats right you do

If you can not be truthful

shut the fuck up asswipe.

When it comes to poor people, I think for Republicans, not enough of them have died.

RD, as lame as the premise of this thread is, You have topped it in Retardedness. This is Your New Word RD. It is in Your Honor. "Retardedness". :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle: :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back