What has the Devil done that is really that bad?

So here is where we are...

God wiped out almost all life on the planet
The Devil talked someone in to eating an apple

Going by what is in the Bible, what has the Devil done that is so horrible?

God destroyed almost every living creature on earth
God killed the first born children of Egypt

What has the Devil done of that magnitude ?
Or maybe you lack complete knowledge on what you so frequently mock.

OK

I am open for you to convince me

This has been discussed before, but clearly you were sleeping. The devil lied and tricked Adam and Eve to disobey God. They were banished and brought death and sin into the world. The first murder was when Cain killed his brother Abel. The rest of the evil multiplied which led to Noah's Flood. Afterward, the devil created evolution which he handed down to Nimrod which led to Darwin and social Darwinism, the Holocaust, genocide, Planned Parenthood, racism, mass shootings, Hollywood values and so on.

God acted on his own volition when he killed almost every living thing on the planet. Same as when he killed the first born of Egypt. Those are actual acts

It seems the Devil gets blamed for tempting. Adam had a choice, Cain had a choice.......babies in Egypt did not have a choice

Sure, God killed/kills, but he's not a murderer. The difference between murder and kill is the former is unlawful. God has reasons for his wrath and why they hit Hades. They were predestined because they thought like you did and also committed evil and sins as listed in my previous post.

You have a choice, too, but you chose to label God a murderer while Satan is not evil. It means that you have broken God's doctrine, i.e. seen as unlawful in his eyes.

It is scary you would believe that

Why? It's not what I believe. Let's say God kills you with a lightening bolt. It's not unlawful. Afterward you would go to Hades and be predestined for the lake of fire because you broke his doctrine. Since you're going by the Bible, this is what God said and is not seen as unlawful. What's scary about that?

The problem is not God killing me with a lightning bolt but killing innocent children, puppies and kittens because he is angry at someone else

This just in......https://www.theonion.com/god-diagnosed-with-bipolar-disorder-1819566045

While such drugs as, Prozac, and Zoloft have proven effective in the treatment of bipolar disorder among humans, there is no modern earthly medicine that can be prescribed for a deity as vast and complex as God. Jurgens is in the process of forming a support group, "Living With A Bipolar Creator-Deity," for all of humanity to "get together and discuss their feelings about living in a universe run by an Omnipresent Loved One not fully in control of his emotions."

~S~

The problem is not God killing me with a lightning bolt but killing innocent children, puppies and kittens because he is angry at someone else

You mean the Canaanites where he commanded an army to kill men, women and children? Punishing evildoers was not murder nor evil.

God’s Just Destruction of the Canaanites

Or the flood that killed innocent children and animals? They went to heaven.

OK

It's not really my job to do that. I couldn't care less what you believe. Besides we both know there is no evidence you would accept.

Are you telling me that you believe God is controlling everything? Wow. No wonder you don't believe in God. :lol:

This just in......https://www.theonion.com/god-diagnosed-with-bipolar-disorder-1819566045

While such drugs as, Prozac, and Zoloft have proven effective in the treatment of bipolar disorder among humans, there is no modern earthly medicine that can be prescribed for a deity as vast and complex as God. Jurgens is in the process of forming a support group, "Living With A Bipolar Creator-Deity," for all of humanity to "get together and discuss their feelings about living in a universe run by an Omnipresent Loved One not fully in control of his emotions."

~S~

Hobelim, is that you? (less wordy version)

If Muslims are right they'll be eating plenty and having 72 virgins. While you and I rot.
If Vikings are right, they'll be drinking mead in Valhalla, while we end up in Hades.
If.
I believe in the soul. I believe when this body dies I'll rise up. The real me. And join all the others in space. Whether it's a friendly greeting, one froth with competition, or horror, I don't know yet.

Okay, you've dismissed Christianity and Islam. You're write to base the Viking myths but that's another story.

On what basis do you believe your own story? What are the facts in evidence for your belief?
Anecdotal. Nothing that would convince you I'm right so I won't bother trying.

So there are no facts and evidence in support of your worldview other than maybe some "personal experiences". You just believe it, and that's enough.

Listen, you do you--I mean that. You have every right to believe what you want as long as you're not hurting anyone. But your assertion here would have been entirely ignored, not offensive to anyone, while when Christians make assertions backed up by PLENTY of facts and evidence, it's scoffed at and mocked.

Just pointing out that difference.
There are a lot of religions who think they are the one truth and that their facts and evidence is better than yours.
I don't know the answers. I plan on dying with an open mind.

That seems silly, doesn't it? I mean let's say you get a serious fatal disease. Doctor says, here your your treatment options, you can weigh them out. And you say, meh, I'm just going to go in with an 'open mind'.

If you've actually spent the time investigating the claims of the major religions, then okay--that's your choice. But if you haven't even investigated, that's exactly what "blind faith" is.
Dude there is no evidence that Christianity is any less of a fairy tale than those other religions.

Okay, you've dismissed Christianity and Islam. You're write to base the Viking myths but that's another story.

On what basis do you believe your own story? What are the facts in evidence for your belief?

So there are no facts and evidence in support of your worldview other than maybe some "personal experiences". You just believe it, and that's enough.

Listen, you do you--I mean that. You have every right to believe what you want as long as you're not hurting anyone. But your assertion here would have been entirely ignored, not offensive to anyone, while when Christians make assertions backed up by PLENTY of facts and evidence, it's scoffed at and mocked.

There are a lot of religions who think they are the one truth and that their facts and evidence is better than yours.

That seems silly, doesn't it? I mean let's say you get a serious fatal disease. Doctor says, here your your treatment options, you can weigh them out. And you say, meh, I'm just going to go in with an 'open mind'.

If you've actually spent the time investigating the claims of the major religions, then okay--that's your choice. But if you haven't even investigated, that's exactly what "blind faith" is.
Dude there is no evidence that Christianity is any less of a fairy tale than those other religions.

That statement is both pathetic and hilarious in light of your signature. Are you willfully ignorant, then?

You mean other than the fact that all religions teach the same core values and behaviors?

You mean other than the fact that all religions teach the same core values and behaviors?
You mean like Islam that teaches to kill non-Muslims? All religions teach that? Um... no.

You mean the Canaanites where he commanded an army to kill men, women and children? Punishing evildoers was not murder nor evil.

God’s Just Destruction of the Canaanites

Or the flood that killed innocent children and animals? They went to heaven.
Puppies and kittens go to heaven?

OK

It's not really my job to do that. I couldn't care less what you believe. Besides we both know there is no evidence you would accept.
Swing and a miss from the Astros fan

OK

Swing and a miss from the Astros fan
No. That would be you who took the swing and whiffed. I hit it out of the park.

Forum List

Back