What has the Devil done that is really that bad?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Going by what is in the Bible, what has the Devil done that is so horrible?

God destroyed almost every living creature on earth
God killed the first born children of Egypt

What has the Devil done of that magnitude ?

the happy is the Almighty is in charge, evil is not permitted to advance to the Everlasting that is not to say right or wrong - just evil.

* the desert religions are political theocracies, the only evil is within the person for whatever reason who is burdened by its presence and is required to be removed however it got there.

I like toying with the idea that Lucifer is actually the good guy, and that humanity has been tricked into following and worshiping evil. It seems like something evil would do. You know, tricking stupid people into believing it is good. God seems to be a tantrum throwing narcissist, while Lucifer just wanted to give knowledge and freedom to humanity.

I like toying with the idea that Lucifer is actually the good guy, and that humanity has been tricked into following and worshiping evil. It seems like something evil would do. You know, tricking stupid people into believing it is good. God seems to be a tantrum throwing narcissist, while Lucifer just wanted to give knowledge and freedom to humanity.

What if the Bible were written from the perspective of the Devil?

Documenting the attrocities done by God and getting people to fear him. It is God tricking people’s minds to get them to do his bidding.

It is God who sends you to Hell, not the Devil

What if the Bible were written from the perspective of the Devil?

Documenting the attrocities done by God and getting people to fear him. It is God tricking people’s minds to get them to do his bidding.

It is God who sends you to Hell, not the Devil
yes he does, but guess who is there to greet you?.....

“The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.” -Verbal Kint

I am far from a Bible expert

I am well aware of stories of horrors done by God
Can anyone provide a Bible story of a horror the Devil inflicted on mankind?

Going by what is in the Bible, what has the Devil done that is so horrible?

God destroyed almost every living creature on earth
God killed the first born children of Egypt

What has the Devil done of that magnitude ?
That’s OT ‘god,’ when he was young, stupid, and foolish and did bad things.
What did the Devil do in the NT?

If I were to write the Bible, I would have blamed the Great Flood on the Devil

I would not have used it as a reason to worship my God

Yes. The very first one that introduced sin into the world. The lie that caused every single sin, all the pain, all the destruction, everything.

Everything you want to name goes right back to the Garden and the lie.

the bible is written and abridged in the 4th century ... they lost site of good vs evil, otherwise the flip could make sense but not when it is evil being destroyed and who is doing it.

Worship me, or else! Sounds kind of insecure to me.

The Devil does not seem to care what you think of him

You'd think the angry evil guy (the devil I mean) would have a much bigger temper and ego than God.

There is a reason the Devil does not care what you think of him. He doesn't have to mess with you at all. You're no threat. He's already got you right where he wants you--his work there is done. Sadly, tragically, in 2018 it wasn't even difficult. Candy-baby, you know the rest.

You'd think the angry evil guy (the devil I mean) would have a much bigger temper and ego than God.

There is a reason the Devil does not care what you think of him. He doesn't have to mess with you at all. You're no threat. He's already got you right where he wants you--his work there is done. Sadly, tragically, in 2018 it wasn't even difficult. Candy-baby, you know the rest.
there is no devil, that's why there is judgement for admission to the Everlasting, evil is not allowed a physical or metaphysical independent existence.

Yes. The very first one that introduced sin into the world. The lie that caused every single sin, all the pain, all the destruction, everything.

Everything you want to name goes right back to the Garden and the lie.

That is quite a stretch

Adam and Eve acted on their own volition, just like the rest of us do.
It is called personal responsibility for our own actions

God destroyed the world
The Devil introduced temptation

Don’t understand your reference to candy baby

Forum List

Back