What has the Devil done that is really that bad?

I am far from a Bible expert

I am well aware of stories of horrors done by God
Can anyone provide a Bible story of a horror the Devil inflicted on mankind?

Yes. The very first one that introduced sin into the world. The lie that caused every single sin, all the pain, all the destruction, everything.

Everything you want to name goes right back to the Garden and the lie.
didn't god create all things?? even the devil?

Humans had both self-awareness and free will, actually. If they didn't have free will they would have had no choices. If there are no choices, there's no love. That is in fact why God put the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden and gave them a choice whether or not to eat of it. That's a choice of free will and it was a way for them to express their love of Him--whether to obey or not.

At the tempting of Satan they made the tragic choice to disobey God's command. THEN they saw their nakedness as sin and were banished from the Garden.
Being naked is not a sin

You have aptly demonstrated that you may be the very last person on the planet I would look to for advice on what is and what is not a sin.

You are so confused that you think Satan himself gives good advice.
OK....I will have to concede the point

Maybe you being naked, is a sin

Lowest form of personal insult means you have nothing left to argue, but I already knew that. I knew that when you refused to read two chapters of the Bible but had no problem misrepresenting it.
Sorry...but you stepped into that one

You're always responsible for what you type, say and do.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But when I became a man I put away childish things."--1 Corinthians 13:11

I am far from a Bible expert

I am well aware of stories of horrors done by God
Can anyone provide a Bible story of a horror the Devil inflicted on mankind?

Yes. The very first one that introduced sin into the world. The lie that caused every single sin, all the pain, all the destruction, everything.

Everything you want to name goes right back to the Garden and the lie.
didn't god create all things?? even the devil?

Yes, God created him as one of the angels. From the account in the Bible it seems even the angels had free will, so they could choose to love Him. There is tension, admittedly, between free will and God's sovereignty that we won't figure out on this side of Heaven. God gives us enough to trust Him but He's not a God we can figure out all the way.

If He were, He would be us. Thank God He is not.

Being naked is not a sin

You have aptly demonstrated that you may be the very last person on the planet I would look to for advice on what is and what is not a sin.

You are so confused that you think Satan himself gives good advice.
OK....I will have to concede the point

Maybe you being naked, is a sin

Lowest form of personal insult means you have nothing left to argue, but I already knew that. I knew that when you refused to read two chapters of the Bible but had no problem misrepresenting it.
Sorry...but you stepped into that one

You're always responsible for what you type, say and do.

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But when I became a man I put away childish things."--1 Corinthians 13:11
Does that mean I don’t get to think of you naked?

Don’t blame me.......The Devil made me do it

god made man--yes?
man has murdered/destroyed/hated/raped/robbed/etc

God cannot murder. God can destroy and hate, yes. How can God rob? What do you own that God does not? Who has God raped? If you're talking about Mary, she was the "willing handmaid of the Lord" Luke 1:38

god made man--yes?

God cannot murder. God can destroy and hate, yes. How can God rob? What do you own that God does not? Who has God raped? If you're talking about Mary, she was the "willing handmaid of the Lord" Luke 1:38
he created man so created murder/etc

No, He created us with free will. Now the question is did He know those things were going to happen? Yes. It was still worth it.

god made man--yes?

god's ''most important'' creation ---man---is terribly flawed
he's not that good of an inventor

god made man--yes?

No, He created us with free will. Now the question is did He know those things were going to happen? Yes. It was still worth it.
1. there is no total free will
if there is total free will,how come males cannot ''choose'' not to murder as well as females--as over 85% of murders are committed by males??
85!!!!!
2. he created man, and man's flaws

god made man--yes?

god's ''most important'' creation ---man---is terribly flawed
he's not that good of an inventor

This ain't heaven yet

god made man--yes?

God can and does murder the innocent

Impregnating a child is another issue

god made man--yes?

if there is total free will,how come males cannot ''choose'' not to murder as well as females--as over 85% of murders are committed by males??
85!!!!!

Okay--I'm kinda going "WHAT?" at your number one there. ???? I mean men have a choice just as women do. Men are given to some sins. Women are given to other sins. Men's sins, I will grant you, tend toward grave ones perhaps--violence. But have you not seen or known women that can absolutely destroy people in other ways? Because I have. These days I think the term for them is "toxic". It is not outright murder perhaps, but it can certainly murder people's souls. Women as mothers can entirely destroy their children if they are not going about it correctly. Do you agree?

god made man--yes?

85!!!!!

Also I'm giving you a bunch of informative points because I really appreciate the dialogue without personal insults or swipes. I enjoy talking about this stuff a lot but it too often gets really nasty. There's probably a bunch of people chatting I can't see--gave them a chance but they're on ignore already. So again I appreciate the decent chat here.

Going by what is in the Bible, what has the Devil done that is so horrible?
The Devil in monotheism represents deception, or the source of "adversity" within existence, not a physical or anthropomorphic being.

The Devil is essentially, therefore, the challenge of the godly and of society to overcome in the "game of life" - one paradoxically therefore could view the Devil as "beneficial" - as without a Devil or "adversary" to overcome, there would be no reason de'tre to exist or enact social change and progress.

God destroyed almost every living creature on earth
God killed the first born children of Egypt

What has the Devil done of that magnitude ?
If one is atheist, they cannot logically assert and objection to killing, and for that matter, one could argue that materially speaking, nothing was "killed" anyway - as when one "kills" a human body, no matter or energy is actually "destroyed" - the material particles are merely arranged into a different form.

Or if for example, executing 1,000 homosexuals saved 10,000 from dying of AIDS, there would be no rational reason to object to the execution of homosexuals.

If on the other hand, one was a devout Christian, Buddhist, etc who practiced non-violence, etc they could potentially object to the mass-execution of homosexuals - but not the atheist.

The Devil in monotheism represents deception, or the source of "adversity" within existence, not a physical or anthropomorphic being.

The Devil is essentially, therefore, the challenge of the godly and of society to overcome in the "game of life" - one paradoxically therefore could view the Devil as "beneficial" - as without a Devil or "adversary" to overcome, there would be no reason de'tre to exist or enact social change and progress.

If one is atheist, they cannot logically assert and objection to killing, and for that matter, one could argue that materially speaking, nothing was "killed" anyway - as when one "kills" a human body, no matter or energy is actually "destroyed" - the material particles are merely arranged into a different form.

Or if for example, executing 1,000 homosexuals saved 10,000 from dying of AIDS, there would be no rational reason to object to the execution of homosexuals.

If on the other hand, one was a devout Christian, Buddhist, etc who practiced non-violence, etc they could potentially object to the mass-execution of homosexuals - but not the atheist.
Damn boy.....

You got bizarre views

Damn boy.....

You got bizarre views
No, I just express ancient views on subject.

The Devil represents adversity - adversity is 'good' in the sense that it provides meaning to life, since adversity is necessary to create versity. If there was no Devil, there could be no Angels. And if there was no Imperfect, there could be no Perfect.

Damn boy.....

You got bizarre views

The Devil represents adversity - adversity is 'good' in the sense that it provides meaning to life, since adversity is necessary to create versity. If there was no Devil, there could be no Angels. And if there was no Imperfect, there could be no Perfect.
No....they are bizarre

Damn boy.....

You got bizarre views

If there was no Devil, there could be no Angels.

so little do you know, through Triumph over evil is admission to the Everlasting possible at least for the individual to be an angel there can be no devil.

Forum List

Back