What has the Devil done that is really that bad?

If I were to write the Bible, I would have blamed the Great Flood on the Devil

I would not have used it as a reason to worship my God

Worship me, or else! Sounds kind of insecure to me.

The Devil does not seem to care what you think of him

You'd think the angry evil guy (the devil I mean) would have a much bigger temper and ego than God.

There is a reason the Devil does not care what you think of him. He doesn't have to mess with you at all. You're no threat. He's already got you right where he wants you--his work there is done. Sadly, tragically, in 2018 it wasn't even difficult. Candy-baby, you know the rest.
there is no devil, that's why there is judgement for admission to the Everlasting, evil is not allowed a physical or metaphysical independent existence.

This is meaningless.

Going by what is in the Bible, what has the Devil done that is so horrible?

God destroyed almost every living creature on earth
God killed the first born children of Egypt

What has the Devil done of that magnitude ?

he has stolen your soul and those of others that reject God.

I am far from a Bible expert

I am well aware of stories of horrors done by God
Can anyone provide a Bible story of a horror the Devil inflicted on mankind?

Yes. The very first one that introduced sin into the world. The lie that caused every single sin, all the pain, all the destruction, everything.

Everything you want to name goes right back to the Garden and the lie.

That is quite a stretch

Adam and Eve acted on their own volition, just like the rest of us do.
It is called personal responsibility for our own actions

God destroyed the world
The Devil introduced temptation

Totally false. You really don't know the Bible, do you?

Kind of an abstract concept.

God destroyed almost every living thing on the planet. Rejecting someone who would do such an evil thing is understandable.

Seems those who wrote the Bible got to pick their side.

PResident Obama.jpg

Yes. The very first one that introduced sin into the world. The lie that caused every single sin, all the pain, all the destruction, everything.

That is quite a stretch

God destroyed the world

Splain it to me in terms of evilness

God destroyed almost every living thing on the planet. Rejecting someone who would do such an evil thing is understandable.

Yep. He who gives life, who created and spoke life into existence, has the absolute right to take life whenever He chooses. That is not evil, in fact. To use a Biblical reference, the sculptor has the absolute right to reshape the clay whenever he likes, or destroy the clay. That is not evil. It is his right.

Atheists think death is the ultimate evil. It is not. In fact there are so many misunderstandings here it's too comprehensive for me to even address.

Yep. He who gives life, who created and spoke life into existence, has the absolute right to take life whenever He chooses. That is not evil, in fact. To use a Biblical reference, the sculptor has the absolute right to reshape the clay whenever he likes, or destroy the clay. That is not evil. It is his right.

Atheists think death is the ultimate evil. It is not. In fact there are so many misunderstandings here it's too comprehensive for me to even address.
I disagree

He who creates life has a responsibility to sustain it. Innocent people, babies, children, puppies and kittens dying an agonizing death because of a tantrum from the creator is not worthy of worship

It is an act I would consider worthy of a Devil

That is quite a stretch

God destroyed the world

Tell you what. You put in the good faith effort. You read Genesis chapters 2 and 3. I recommend the ESV or NIV translation. They are short chapters. Read that and get back with me and then we'll discuss. If you want to debate Christians on their terms, you can expect to read their texts.

You think too small...…..The realm of God, and the spirit world is beyond human understanding.

You and other non-believers keep trying to fit God (category 10 hurricane) into your little box, it doesn't work

Women and their damn PMS...

That is quite a stretch

God destroyed the world

Tell you what. You put in the good faith effort. You read Genesis chapters 2 and 3. I recommend the ESV or NIV translation. They are short chapters. Read that and get back with me and then we'll discuss. If you want to debate Christians on their terms, you can expect to read their texts.
I asked what the Devil did that is so bad

You should be able to explain it without homework assignments

You think too small...…..The realm of God, and the spirit world is beyond human understanding.

You and other non-believers keep trying to fit God (category 10 hurricane) into your little box, it doesn't work
About what I expected

As a human, you cannot understand

As a human, I do understand
I understand acts that are petty and vindictive. I understand an act done out of anger, I understand unjust punishments.

If these acts were coming from a Devil, I could understand
Not when they come from a superior being

About what I expected

I understand acts that are petty and vindictive. I understand an act done out of anger, I understand unjust punishments.

Do you have kids??? When one of them has ever disobeyed you, didn't you discipline them? To teach them a lesson? And what if the kid kept doing the wrong and each time do it in a more rebellious way? Doesn't your punishments become more strict with each deliberate wrong??? Similar idea

About what I expected

Do you have kids??? When one of them has ever disobeyed you, didn't you discipline them? To teach them a lesson? And what if the kid kept doing the wrong and each time do it in a more rebellious way? Doesn't your punishments become more strict with each deliberate wrong??? Similar idea
I punish a kid for what he did. I don’t punish all kids for actions done by others

That is what God did when he killed the first born of Egypt. Not for what they did, but for what the Pharoh did

That is an act I would expect from a Devil. Can you point to anything in the Bible that the Devil did that would be the equivalent?

About what I expected

I punish a kid for what he did. I don’t punish all kids for actions done by others

That is what God did when he killed the first born of Egypt. Not for what they did, but for what the Pharoh did

That is an act I would expect from a Devil. Can you point to anything in the Bible that the Devil did that would be the equivalent?

Don't forget Pharoh lost his first born as well...…..so he would know the pain of his own rebellion.

That's just it with the Devil......he doesn't really do any physical type thing...…...he lies & deceives all of Gods children to rebel and act against Him. Like telling Eve it's just an apple, go ahead & eat, what's the old man going to do to you His chosen & protected??? All the while he knew what God was going to do for such action of disobedience. He knew that not only Eve would suffer, but all woman kind after her. Adam was also convinced to rebel & eat, and he too suffered and all mankind after him.

About what I expected

Don't forget Pharoh lost his first born as well...…..so he would know the pain of his own rebellion.

That's just it with the Devil......he doesn't really do any physical type thing...…...he lies & deceives all of Gods children to rebel and act against Him. Like telling Eve it's just an apple, go ahead & eat, what's the old man going to do to you His chosen & protected??? All the while he knew what God was going to do for such action of disobedience. He knew that not only Eve would suffer, but all woman kind after her. Adam was also convinced to rebel & eat, and he too suffered and all mankind after him.

OK ...let’s look at that
What did the pharaohs son do to deserve death? What did anyone’s child do to deserve death?

The Devil seems to be a scapegoat for all the weaknesses of man

Anger, jealousy, rage, infidelity, lying........all are the responsibility of the human doing it........The Devil is given the blame

Just like the Pharohs son

About what I expected

OK ...let’s look at that
What did the pharaohs son do to deserve death? What did anyone’s child do to deserve death?

and what did Jesus do to deserve death at the hands of the Romans, and direction of the Jews, His own people?

About what I expected

OK ...let’s look at that

and what did Jesus do to deserve death at the hands of the Romans, and direction of the Jews, His own people?

It was not the Devil that crucified Jesus
That would be another good story you could blame on the Devil

Forum List

Back