What Has Obama Done to his Elections Odds by Endorsing Gay Marriage?

Does Obama's Endorsement of Gay Marriage Hurt His Election Effort?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Not significantly in either way

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Nice electoral map tool:
2012 Presidential Election Interactive Map and History of the Electoral College

This endorsement of Gay Marriage is going to cost Obama the South and most of the western states too. This puts Florida, Virginia, N Carolina, Nevada, and Colorado in the GOP column with another 72 EV bringing Romney's total to 263.

So Romney only needs either Ohio or Pennsylvania, or New Hampshire and Iowa together.

I think Romney will get PA and OH too for a total of 311 to 227.

Obama just shot himself in the arse.

It's obvious he used the gays for political pawns it remains to be seen how that works out for him..

He was against them before he was for them. I bet Joe is getting a talking to.

Nice electoral map tool:

This endorsement of Gay Marriage is going to cost Obama the South and most of the western states too. This puts Florida, Virginia, N Carolina, Nevada, and Colorado in the GOP column with another 72 EV bringing Romney's total to 263.

So Romney only needs either Ohio or Pennsylvania, or New Hampshire and Iowa together.

I actually don't think it will make much of a difference. Obama supporting gay marriage was kind of 'baked' into most people's decision to support or oppose him. It wasn't like he was going to come out anytime this election cycle and say he was opposed to gay marriage, and everyone knew that.

Nice electoral map tool:

I actually don't think it will make much of a difference. Obama supporting gay marriage was kind of 'baked' into most people's decision to support or oppose him. It wasn't like he was going to come out anytime this election cycle and say he was opposed to gay marriage, and everyone knew that.

I am quite certain that Obamas support for Gay Marriage is not priced in already.

The coming polls over the next few weeks should show us what the fallout is.

Nice electoral map tool:

I am quite certain that Obamas support for Gay Marriage is not priced in already.

The coming polls over the next few weeks should show us what the fallout is.
Well, I disagree. People who were going to vote for him will do so anyway. Those who were not going to vote for him, won't. Those who have yet to make up their mind because they just returned from one of the Jovian moons, pretty much figured he was a Democrat and will just come down on the side of gays because that his how democrats stay in power.

This position doesnt help him. It hurts him people who oppose gay marriage. It hurts his argument that Romney is a flip flopper because Romney can just point back and say Obama has positions that have "evolved" too.

Regardless, this election is about the economy. Obama loses on that.

Hello, I am one surprised supporter. Facebook and Twitter lit up. Most were saying some variation of What the FUCK took you so long!?

You are surprised that it took him so long but are you surprised that he supports gay marriage?

Not sure. He has a very open mind - but he is very cautious with how he proceeds (with his knowledge.)

When Biden spoke out, I figured it for a testing of the waters, but I still didn't think he'd say anything until after the election.

It's called leadership, doing the right thing, and not humoring haters.

Yeah, that's what the Khmer Rougue said too.

This is not about tolerance for homosexuals. This is about forcing the rest of us to sanction their sodomy.

No damned way.

If Romney stays on his current position completely opposed to gay marriage then I will probably go ahead and vote for his sorry ass. I know plenty others who are of the same mind too.

Forum List

Back