2016 GE: Hillary Clinton vs. GOP Field, Part IV

How will Hillary lose...let me count the ways...

1) She's not "liberal" enough for Democrats. They want a wingnut like Liz Warren. Don't believe me? Ask one.
2) She's not "conservative" enough for Republicans. Republicans remember...
3) She's too divisive and shrill for Independents and moderates. "what difference does it make!?"
4) She's too old and tired to get young people excited. "I love chocolate"

She'll have one helluva time winning her own party nomination. But even if she does become the nominee (a definite long shot) she'll lose the GE based upon the Democrat/Obama economy. After 8 years of the Obama/Democrat depression the odds are long for any Democrat.

Ok...

and the numbers you have to back that up are.....?

I think I'm going to stop watching, reading or thinking anything politics. When I look back, no matter who the president is, it hasn't affected how I live my life one iota.

I think Hillary will win if the GOP does not field one of their two female, racial minority governors. That said if she does run a revolt on the D left will lead to negative coattails for house and senate races how negative is unknowable at this time but I would expect at least 50 R votes in the senate when congress convenes in 2017 and an R majority of unknown size in the house. Obamacare and D victors such as De Blasio in NYC will be a sheet anchor to her presidency. Something of this sort was predicted in 1992 by Strauss and Howe in "Generations"

The 2016 Senate election is extremely favorable to the Democrats, it's borderline impossible the democrats won't have a majority in the Senate in 2017. Not only does the GOP have a huge number of vulnerable, first time senators, the Dems do better in presidential elections and also they're fielding a strong candidate for president.

The 2018 midterms, however, are scary. There's potential for serious GOP gains in 2018. 25 Dem seats up compared to 8 GOP seats....ugh. Nevada is the only chance for a pickup there for the democrats.

How will Hillary lose...let me count the ways...

1) She's not "liberal" enough for Democrats. They want a wingnut like Liz Warren. Don't believe me? Ask one.
2) She's not "conservative" enough for Republicans. Republicans remember...
3) She's too divisive and shrill for Independents and moderates. "what difference does it make!?"
4) She's too old and tired to get young people excited. "I love chocolate"

She'll have one helluva time winning her own party nomination. But even if she does become the nominee (a definite long shot) she'll lose the GE based upon the Democrat/Obama economy. After 8 years of the Obama/Democrat depression the odds are long for any Democrat.
According to you:
She's not liberal enough, she's not conservative enough, she's not moderate enough...what the hell is she?

I think I'm going to stop watching, reading or thinking anything politics. When I look back, no matter who the president is, it hasn't affected how I live my life one iota.

Really?

Really. All politics do is give me heart burn. As I have said before all politicians are the same. Who can make the other side look the worst. When will Americans wake up and elect politicians who will work together for the good of America instead of working to win the next election.

Really?

Really. All politics do is give me heart burn. As I have said before all politicians are the same. Who can make the other side look the worst. When will Americans wake up and elect politicians who will work together for the good of America instead of working to win the next election.

Actually, I believe we have had many good people who have worked for American - or at least started that way.

Unfortunately the left has already crowned Queen Hillary.. Looks like another presidential election I'll have no one to vote for but someone to vote against....

Unfortunately the left has already crowned Queen Hillary.. Looks like another presidential election I'll have no one to vote for but someone to vote against....

I am simply reporting what the numbers are currently saying.

It should also be said that in many, many poll internals, Hillary is getting up to 15-17% of the GOP vote and when you cross check that with cross tabs for the female vote vs. the male vote, it is pretty obvious that a certain chunk of REPUBLICAN women are indicating that they will vote for Hillary Clinton -

so, it's not just the Left, and I can mathematically prove it on the basis of crosstabs from many, many polls.

Or you can click on the links yourself and look into the crosstabs.

Just for reference, traditionally, a presidential candidate usually gets between 6-8% of the other party's vote.

There's no doubt the republicans lack a candidate to run against the Hillary Juggernault.

Might as well go with McSame again.

All I am saying is that this is what the numbers currently say. Nothing less and nothing more.

Thank you for taking the time and spending so much effort to keep us current on the Hillary vs GOP race. If she is that popular, she has no choice but to run, it would be inconceivable for her to disappoint so many.

I see Hillary's greatest threat coming from within the Democratic party. In 2006 many people didn't expect a relatively unknown Senator to runaway with the nomination. Not to mention a bitter enough fight for the Democratic nomination could do enough damage to hand a relatively moderate Republican the election. Until we know who is actually running, all we can do is speculate.

Most of the GOP wannabes are well known, and certainly Hillary is not new to Democrats and Republicans. I can't see that she would turn that many people off from here to 2016, no matter how many times Benghazi is brought up or how often Monica Lewinsky's name is mentioned.

There's no doubt the republicans lack a candidate to run against the Hillary Juggernault.

All I am saying is that this is what the numbers currently say. Nothing less and nothing more.

Thank you for taking the time and spending so much effort to keep us current on the Hillary vs GOP race. If she is that popular, she has no choice but to run, it would be inconceivable for her to disappoint so many.

Thanks, [MENTION=43625]Mertex[/MENTION]

She sure is making the usual moves that a hitherto undeclared candidate makes: writing a book, doing speaking engagements, doing interviews. A number of Hillary PACs are already up and running and the million dollar doners are just waiting until she announces and law then allows them to contribute. And it looks like she will get the OFA database.

So, in spite of a lot of nasty rhetoric from people who say they are not scared of a Hillary candidacy, it sure looks like she is running.

That being said, she is not the only capable Democrat out there, however, she is the Democrat with - by far - the best name recognition and the highest profile.

I've also been checking and have now confirmed (it took a couple of months to do this): no undeclared candidate in our Union's history has ever been polled this early in the game as much as Hillary Clinton. By recording all of these polls, I am establishing a very useful baseline going into 2016.

I truly hope they go with Rand Paul.

They would be wise to do so.

A landslide loss would kill the Tea Party wing of the party.

Some of the polling actually shows Rand Paul doing better than Chris Christie in a couple of key states, like Colorado, but in Ohio, Florida, Virginia - Clinton beats Paul by double digits.

I see Hillary's greatest threat coming from within the Democratic party. In 2006 many people didn't expect a relatively unknown Senator to runaway with the nomination. Not to mention a bitter enough fight for the Democratic nomination could do enough damage to hand a relatively moderate Republican the election. Until we know who is actually running, all we can do is speculate.

Most of the GOP wannabes are well known, and certainly Hillary is not new to Democrats and Republicans. I can't see that she would turn that many people off from here to 2016, no matter how many times Benghazi is brought up or how often Monica Lewinsky's name is mentioned.

The GOP wannabes are well known only by political and news junkies like us. Everyone knows who Hillary is; so much that she needs just one name......Hillary. Hillary has an extreme name recognition advantage over everyone. She also has a huge advantage in fundraising at this time. That being said, anything could happen this far out.

Some of the polling actually shows Rand Paul doing better than Chris Christie in a couple of key states, like Colorado, but in Ohio, Florida, Virginia - Clinton beats Paul by double digits.

Christie's essentially done.

His last election was his last.

Forum List

Back