What has Obama accomplished as President.

Blame cuts both waits.

Hope and change and all that.

i'm afraid on that particular issue i don't see blame on both sides. i see a bunch of tea party "i hate government and want to starve it til i can drown it in a bathtub" types who acted intentionally and purposefully knowing what they were doing and persisting because of ideology and because they wanted to make the president look bad.

i didn't vote for him because of "hope and change"... though he's far better than his predecessor. I would never have voted for anyone who would let palin get a heartbeat away from the oval office.... same as anyone who lets santorum or mcdonnell get near the oval office wouldn't get my vote.

Excuse my language, but Obama was absolutely fucking brutal during the debt ceiling debate. That showed that he was way in over his head. Zero leadership. And though I had grown skeptical, I'd given him the benefit of the doubt up until then. But he lost me there.

I loathed Bush but I think this country is more divided now than it was when he was elected. If we're going to hold Presidents to the same standards, he is a more divisive President than Bush was.

The buck stops at the top.

He is in over his head. Has been from day one. Having said that, does he get all the blame for the debt ceiling?

because congress wouldn't raise the debt ceiling and made us look dysfunctional... not because of our actual credit-worthiness.

but you know that.

Blame cuts both waits.

Buck stops with Congress.....

Buck stops with the President.

The election of the Tea Party is in big part due to Obama. He over-reached in his first two years and there was massive blowback. He's reaping what he sowed.

Simple enough list the accomplishments as President that Obama gets credit for.

President Obama is stronger, much stronger, than you think.

Obama Movie Confronts Weak-Leader Meme, Revisits 'Tough Decisions' - Major Garrett - NationalJournal.com

Obama’s economic stimulus bill, the bailout of General Motors and Chrysler, health care reform, and the Navy Seal-team raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

At one point, Clinton says the nation had “no earthly idea” what would have happened had Obama let GM and Chrysler fail, contending that the domino effect of job losses could have laid ruin to the Midwest middle class.

Obama had to put out so many fires. You Republicans want to forget.

Obama has confronted the toughest choices of any president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

ending the Iraq war, repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell,” providing pay equity for women, and health care and financial-industry reform.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt4rGeSSF4U]Barackward: CNN's Piers Morgan Mocks Obama "Documentary" - YouTube[/ame]

Blame cuts both waits.

The election of the Tea Party is in big part due to Obama. He over-reached in his first two years and there was massive blowback. He's reaping what he sowed.

Yeah, I know. It's supposed to stop with the President. But it doesn't seem to. Obama has been steamrolled throughout his Presidency. WE need leadership and he's not a leader.

i'm afraid on that particular issue i don't see blame on both sides. i see a bunch of tea party "i hate government and want to starve it til i can drown it in a bathtub" types who acted intentionally and purposefully knowing what they were doing and persisting because of ideology and because they wanted to make the president look bad.

i didn't vote for him because of "hope and change"... though he's far better than his predecessor. I would never have voted for anyone who would let palin get a heartbeat away from the oval office.... same as anyone who lets santorum or mcdonnell get near the oval office wouldn't get my vote.

Excuse my language, but Obama was absolutely fucking brutal during the debt ceiling debate. That showed that he was way in over his head. Zero leadership. And though I had grown skeptical, I'd given him the benefit of the doubt up until then. But he lost me there.

I loathed Bush but I think this country is more divided now than it was when he was elected. If we're going to hold Presidents to the same standards, he is a more divisive President than Bush was.

He is in over his head. Has been from day one. Having said that, does he get all the blame for the debt ceiling?

No.

But he is the President. He failed.

My Congressman is a Republican who voted against the debt ceiling. I'm voting against him (if I get my citizenship on time!) But Hope and Change, right? What has changed is that Washington has gotten even more divisive and partisan. That ain't the fault of one party.

Blame cuts both waits.

How do you "lead" when the opposition party, which forms the majority in the House of Representatives, has as its primary agenda, your failure.

Sorry, Toro. You know I have huge respect for you, particularly on financial issues but I respectfully disagree.

Was he a great leader... no. he should have told them to stick it way earlier. He's finally figured that out.

Hillary would have never faced that problem.

You can't ignore though, the fact that Boehner kept making deals with the president and then would go back to his caucus where Eric Cantor was breathing down his throat, dying to take his job... and calling the shots.

No worries, though. We can disagree on this one. :)

Last edited:

Yeah, I know. It's supposed to stop with the President. But it doesn't seem to. Obama has been steamrolled throughout his Presidency. WE need leadership and he's not a leader.

Yup.

Nice guy. I like him. But clearly, he is in way too deep.

No.

But he is the President. He failed.

My Congressman is a Republican who voted against the debt ceiling. I'm voting against him (if I get my citizenship on time!) But Hope and Change, right? What has changed is that Washington has gotten even more divisive and partisan. That ain't the fault of one party.
Anyone who voted against the debt ceiling should be thrown out of office. dem, repub, whatever. That's fucking suicide.

How do you "lead" when the opposition party, which forms the majority in the House of Representatives, has as its primary agenda, your failure.

Sorry, Toro. You know I have huge respect for you, particularly on financial issues

Was he a great leader... no. he should have told them to stick it way earlier. He's finally figured that out.

You can't ignore though, the fact that Boehner kept making deals with the president and then would go back to his caucus where Eric Cantor was breathing down his throat, dying to take his job... and calling the shots.

No problem.

I don't blame him for the economic mess we are in. He does deserve blame at least in part for the lackluster recovery. It would have been lackluster anyways no matter who was the President and what the policies were, but I have little doubt that at the very least, he is not helping. Or worse.

Obama over-reached in 09 and 10, which led to a massive defeat of his party and the election of an intransigent opposition. I believe he and the Democrats are responsible in big part to the election of the Tea Party in 10.

Again, he ran as a unifying President. The country is less unified than it was in 08 IMO. He is responsible for that.

He doesn't have the political skills. Bill Clinton would have co-opted the Tea Party and eaten them for lunch. Obama gets steamrolled by them.

Some people are simply delousional

President's budget sinks, 97-0

The Senate voted unanimously on Wednesday to reject a $3.7 trillion budget plan that President Obama sent to Capitol Hill in February.

Ninety-seven senators voted against a motion to take it up.

Democratic aides said ahead of the vote that the Democratic caucus would not support the plan because it has been supplanted by the deficit-reduction plan Obama outlined at a speech at George Washington University in April.

President's budget sinks, 97-0 - TheHill.com

Sorry, Toro. You know I have huge respect for you, particularly on financial issues

No problem.

I don't blame him for the economic mess we are in. He does deserve blame at least in part for the lackluster recovery. It would have been lackluster anyways no matter who was the President and what the policies were, but I have little doubt that at the very least, he is not helping. Or worse.

Obama over-reached in 09 and 10, which led to a massive defeat of his party and the election of an intransigent opposition. I believe he and the Democrats are responsible in big part to the election of the Tea Party in 10.

Again, he ran as a unifying President. The country is less unified than it was in 08 IMO. He is responsible for that.

He doesn't have the political skills. Bill Clinton would have co-opted the Tea Party and eaten them for lunch. Obama gets steamrolled by them.

If people who show up for general elections would show up to midterms, Democrats would have held the House.

And it is the GOP tea baggers and governors that overeached and you are going to see HUGE turnout in November. You think the tea baggers had an impact. Wait till the 99% Wallstreet Protesters show up this november.

"It's the house" they control everything:cuckoo:

Democrats' Three Years Of No Budget Is All About Deception

Congress: The last time the Democratic-controlled U.S. Senate passed a budget was April 29, 2009 — . It's no mystery why: They don't want taxpayers to know about the trillions they're wasting

No problem.

You are so dumb. Remind you of 2006?

The Republican Revolution or Revolution of '94 is what the media dubbed Republican Party (GOP) success in the 1994 U.S. midterm elections,[1] which resulted in a net gain of 54 seats in the House of Representatives, and a pickup of eight seats in the Senate. The clear leader of the called revolution was Republican congressman Newt Gingrich, who became Speaker of the House as a result of the victory. The day after the election, Democratic Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama changed parties, becoming a Republican.

The gains in seats in the mid-term election resulted in the Republicans gaining control of both the House and the Senate in January 1995. Republicans had not held the majority in the House for forty years, since the 83rd Congress (elected in 1952).

Large Republican gains were made in state houses as well when the GOP picked up twelve gubernatorial seats and 472 legislative seats. In so doing, it took control of 20 state legislatures from the Democrats. Prior to this, Republicans had not held the majority of governorships since 1972. In addition, this was the first time in 50 years that the GOP controlled a majority of state legislatures.

Discontent against the Democrats was foreshadowed by a string of elections after 1992, including the capture of the mayoralties of New York and Los Angeles by the Republicans in 1993. In that same year, Christine Todd Whitman captured the New Jersey governorship from the Democrats and Bret Schundler became the first Republican mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey that had been held by the Democratic Party since 1917.

Republican George Allen won the Virginia governorship. Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison took a senate seat from the Democrats in Texas. Republicans Frank Lucas and Ron Lewis picked up two congressional seats from Democrats in Oklahoma and Kentucky in May 1994.

No problem.

The Republican Revolution or Revolution of '94 is what the media dubbed Republican Party (GOP) success in the 1994 U.S. midterm elections,[1] which resulted in a net gain of 54 seats in the House of Representatives, and a pickup of eight seats in the Senate. The clear leader of the called revolution was Republican congressman Newt Gingrich, who became Speaker of the House as a result of the victory. The day after the election, Democratic Senator Richard Shelby of Alabama changed parties, becoming a Republican.

The gains in seats in the mid-term election resulted in the Republicans gaining control of both the House and the Senate in January 1995. Republicans had not held the majority in the House for forty years, since the 83rd Congress (elected in 1952).

Large Republican gains were made in state houses as well when the GOP picked up twelve gubernatorial seats and 472 legislative seats. In so doing, it took control of 20 state legislatures from the Democrats. Prior to this, Republicans had not held the majority of governorships since 1972. In addition, this was the first time in 50 years that the GOP controlled a majority of state legislatures.

Discontent against the Democrats was foreshadowed by a string of elections after 1992, including the capture of the mayoralties of New York and Los Angeles by the Republicans in 1993. In that same year, Christine Todd Whitman captured the New Jersey governorship from the Democrats and Bret Schundler became the first Republican mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey that had been held by the Democratic Party since 1917.

Republican George Allen won the Virginia governorship. Republican Kay Bailey Hutchison took a senate seat from the Democrats in Texas. Republicans Frank Lucas and Ron Lewis picked up two congressional seats from Democrats in Oklahoma and Kentucky in May 1994.

If you're going to C&P, at least provide a link.

And a point.

Wait, wait.

Now, I can see your argument for failed leadership. I don't necessarily agree completely, but I can see it.

However, how does that make Obama more divisive?

You feel that because he did not effectively fight off the divisiveness of his political opponents than that makes him divisive?

That doesn't really make sense...

Obama Movie Confronts Weak-Leader Meme, Revisits 'Tough Decisions' - Major Garrett - NationalJournal.com

Obama’s economic stimulus bill, the bailout of General Motors and Chrysler, health care reform, and the Navy Seal-team raid that killed Osama bin Laden.

At one point, Clinton says the nation had “no earthly idea” what would have happened had Obama let GM and Chrysler fail, contending that the domino effect of job losses could have laid ruin to the Midwest middle class.

Obama has confronted the toughest choices of any president since Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

ending the Iraq war, repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell,” providing pay equity for women, and health care and financial-industry reform.

Actually, Barry has faced some tough choices but he's managed to avoid doing anything about most of them. Fixing entitlement spending would be "confronting" a tough problem...providing pay equity for women hardly fits that bill. Lowering the costs of health care for Americans would be "confronting" a tough problem...passing Obamacare which is going to result in higher health costs and less access to care also is hard to list as a success...especially since major parts of it will very likely be ruled unconstitutional.

As for GM? You do realize that allowing GM to go into bankruptcy would not be the same thing as letting them cease to exist? This whole notion that Barry "saved" the auto industry is rather humorous. What he "saved" was a nice deal for the UAW at the expense of private bond holders and spent billions of taxpayer dollars that we won't be seeing for a long, long time if ever. Doing so went against the rule of law and probably made more than a few people reconsider whether the US was a safe and secure place to invest their money since this government did a passable immitation of a "banana republic" and just changed the rules to benefit their friends.

No problem.

If you're going to C&P, at least provide a link.

And a point.

If Clinton was such a master, why did he lose both the House and Senate in 1994? The Dems in 2008 only lost the House.

And Clinton didn't eat the GOP up for lunch. He triangulated. Do you know the term? Reason us liberals aren't happy with Clinton. He gave the GOP too much.

Actually, Barry has faced some tough choices but he's managed to avoid doing anything about most of them. Fixing entitlement spending would be "confronting" a tough problem...providing pay equity for women hardly fits that bill. Lowering the costs of health care for Americans would be "confronting" a tough problem...passing Obamacare which is going to result in higher health costs and less access to care also is hard to list as a success...especially since major parts of it will very likely be ruled unconstitutional.

As for GM? You do realize that allowing GM to go into bankruptcy would not be the same thing as letting them cease to exist? This whole notion that Barry "saved" the auto industry is rather humorous. What he "saved" was a nice deal for the UAW at the expense of private bond holders and spent billions of taxpayer dollars that we won't be seeing for a long, long time if ever. Doing so went against the rule of law and probably made more than a few people reconsider whether the US was a safe and secure place to invest their money since this government did a passable immitation of a "banana republic" and just changed the rules to benefit their friends.

YOu are wrong about everything you just said so I can't reply to someone who is either a liar or stupid. For example, Obamacare is not going to raise healthcare costs. If that is your position, then either you need to educate yourself or stop lying.

Wait, wait.

Now, I can see your argument for failed leadership. I don't necessarily agree completely, but I can see it.

You feel that because he did not effectively fight off the divisiveness of his political opponents than that makes him divisive?

Doesn't have to make sense for them to say it. Remember Hillary was too polarizing? In other words Republicans really hated her. Waaaa!!! And if that is true, what is Santorum? He's a radical christian zelot. Completely polarizing.

Wait, wait.

One example.

Obama's policies cost the Dems Kennedy's seat in MA. Whatever you might think about the policies, they couldn't pass Healthcare reform with the Senate rules, so they circumvented them and rammed it down the Republican's throats without a single GOP vote. Instead of focusing like a laser on the economy, the Democrats saw a generational opportunity and chose to spend political capital on healthcare which inflamed the Republican party, both in policy and by tactics. It contributed to one of the worst political defeats in decades.

Democrats do not see that Obama is doing the same thing to Republicans that Republicans did to Democrats under Bush.

Forum List

Back