What has happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neser Boha

upgrade your gray matter
Mar 4, 2009
Nordic Bayou
Is it just me or has this board really turned into an absolute cesspool?

I've gone just to a few threads and it's about 10% meaningful debate and 90% bullshit, trolling, name calling, ad hominems ...

I haven't been here actively in a while, but I remember this place being much more civil and way more enjoyable.

Is it because of all the new members?

What happened?

I've gone just to a few threads and it's about 10% meaningful debate and 90% bullshit, trolling, name calling, ad hominems ...

I haven't been here actively in a while, but I remember this place being much more civil and way more enjoyable.

What happened?

Pregnancy sometimes clouds your judgement.

Yes, this place is an absolute cesspool...but it hasn't changed.

;)

You can talk with yourself in some threads, this way you ensure, that you have a meaningful debate.

What happened?

;)

I really feel like it has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe it's just the topics I chose to respond to ... and it might be because I spent a lot of time at a board where discussion is actually moderated and has a set of rules that have to be followed.

What happened?

;)

I really feel like it has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe it's just the topics I chose to respond to ... and it might be because I spent a lot of time at a board where discussion is actually moderated and has a set of rules that have to be followed.

This is a little more free-form.

There is no political discussion here...just partisan bitching and counter-bitching.

Then there are those of us that just like to have fun.

What happened?

It has been taken over by the echo chamber. A group of not too bright trolls who hate Obama, Democrats and are threatened by ideas which conflict with RW dogma.

What happened?

It has been taken over by the echo chamber. A group of not too bright trolls who hate Obama, Democrats and are threatened by ideas which conflict with RW dogma.

Plenty of not too bright Obama defenders on here to pal.

What happened?

What happened? You took some time off. Time away from the boards tends to give you a different perspective when you come back.

What happened?

Im one of those new trolls I guess... I dont hate him.... I just hate his policies, that s all.

There is some spirited debate at times, and then theres the usual BS threads that are just baited to piss folks off.

Hope to have you come back to stay....
:cool:

What happened? The eighties happened and money won the bet.

"The materialistic and selfish quality of contemporary life is not inherent in the human condition. Much of what appears natural today dates from the 1980s: the obsession with wealth creation, the cult of privatization and the private sector, the growing disparities of rich and poor. And above all, the rhetoric which accompanies these: uncritical admiration for unfettered markets, disdain for the public sector, the delusion of endless growth." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

What happened?

Usually just about every thread degenerates into name-calling because the loser can't defend his or her indefensible positions anymore or some troll starts making nasty comments because something more constructive escapes them. It only takes about 4 or 5 pages and that's what we're left with. Most of the time I bail by then because it's a waste of time then.

Youy have to wade past the personality conflicts to find the posts worth reading, no doubt.

But the point is that there still are posts worthy of your consideration.

What happened?

;)

I've been on some of those sites. They're no fun because if you talk about another member even in a good way or do anything the folks in charge feels is outside their strict ideal of what a board should be...you spend most of your time being warned or banned. Where's the fun in that.

I've seen worse and it doesn't matter if it's more controlled. Phil Maher's site is one example. He has only a few members left because they banned most of the others. One of the mods spends most of the time posting to himself. Another I used to visit became next to impossible to have an argument on because the rules were so ridiculous. You had to learn how to dance around a word just to be able to cuss someone out. It was unrealistic. But they still to this day send me birthday greetings.

Shogun proposed and got married??? Woow! Anyone has the link where he describes his proposal? I would so like to read that :razz:

;)

I've been on some of those sites. They're no fun because if you talk about another member even in a good way or do anything the folks in charge feels is outside their strict ideal of what a board should be...you spend most of your time being warned or banned. Where's the fun in that.

I've seen worse and it doesn't matter if it's more controlled. Phil Maher's site is one example. He has only a few members left because they banned most of the others. One of the mods spends most of the time posting to himself. Another I used to visit became next to impossible to have an argument on because the rules were so ridiculous. You had to learn how to dance around a word just to be able to cuss someone out. It was unrealistic. But they still to this day send me birthday greetings.

Those forums that I attended - and continue to attend - are pregnancy forums ;) I wouldn't abandon this one for another political discussion forum! ;)

What happened?

It grew.

A lot.

What happened?

;)

Do you like swimming in cesspools? :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back