What has happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or has this board really turned into an absolute cesspool?

I've gone just to a few threads and it's about 10% meaningful debate and 90% bullshit, trolling, name calling, ad hominems ...

I haven't been here actively in a while, but I remember this place being much more civil and way more enjoyable.

Is it because of all the new members?

What happened?

In the 10 months I have been here, it has changed dramatically and many of the members I enjoyed then, are no longer here. It isn't fun anymore for me and because of that, I post fewer threads, participate less, and have disabled my Paypal auto-renewal to USMB. Heck why would I pay money to come here and be *bitchslapped* by one or more mods? Answer? *I won't.* The customer service has declined too but not with many of the mods. They are the reasons I still come here.

If people YOU enjoyed are gone, it could only be good for the board. The intellectually elite wannabe's are about as exciting as flour and water and about as honest as Satan.

History, higher education, court documents, harvard studies, dictionary definitions and many other cold hard facts are no longer accepted evidence to the right here.

They prefer any fresh findings out of Glen Becks ass to the old standards.

You haven't changed much. You're STILL too dumb to be allowed to vote.

Want to respond to how people who make 250,000 are not rich in the US?

You just got through refusing a Harvard study on effective stimulus and claiming rich people are not rich.

I can respond on how you can't think. In 5 or so years, anyone that has EVER wanted to own your lame-ass shit, has.

Is it just me or has this board really turned into an absolute cesspool?

I've gone just to a few threads and it's about 10% meaningful debate and 90% bullshit, trolling, name calling, ad hominems ...

I haven't been here actively in a while, but I remember this place being much more civil and way more enjoyable.

Is it because of all the new members?

What happened?

It has been taken over by the echo chamber. A group of not too bright trolls who hate Obama, Democrats and are threatened by ideas which conflict with RW dogma.

It has been taken over by a bunch of not too bright Obama/Democrat lovers who are threatened by the ideas of common sense and logic.

Look, junior ... this was a rightwingnut, neocon haven before I got here. People like YOU have degraded this board more than anyone with a brain that thinks Obama sucks.

I see you are still blaming others for your problems.:eusa_whistle:

It has been taken over by the echo chamber. A group of not too bright trolls who hate Obama, Democrats and are threatened by ideas which conflict with RW dogma.

It has been taken over by a bunch of not too bright Obama/Democrat lovers who are threatened by the ideas of common sense and logic.

Look, junior ... this was a rightwingnut, neocon haven before I got here. People like YOU have degraded this board more than anyone with a brain that thinks Obama sucks.

Lame.

I can blame what happens to this country on who the delusional put in office.

You picked the WRONG f-ing day. Get back in your hole. I responded to one of your fellow extremist's comments in kind. The topic of the thread is the board, not your naive and/or delusional political views.

History, higher education, court documents, harvard studies, dictionary definitions and many other cold hard facts are no longer accepted evidence to the right here.

They prefer any fresh findings out of Glen Becks ass to the old standards.

Better then the facts you keep pulling out of yours'.

Anything out of Harvard is suspect btw. Harvard gives kids a false impression of entitlement.

Last edited:

Lame.

You picked the WRONG f-ing day. Get back in your hole. I responded to one of your fellow extremist's comments in kind. The topic of the thread is the board, not your naive and/or delusional political views.
Um, you brought political views into the discussion.
I think the board has gotten better later, but I would say your witch hunt involving the left probably doesn't help things.
We weren't talking about this country either, we were talking about this board. I think someone learns how to stay on topic, and try not to bring in someone's political views or who they voted for into every discussion.
Speaking of, how is your current witch hunt going?

Lame.

Um, you brought political views into the discussion.
I think the board has gotten better later, but I would say your witch hunt involving the left probably doesn't help things.
We weren't talking about this country either, we were talking about this board. I think someone learns how to stay on topic, and try not to bring in someone's political views or who they voted for into every discussion.
Speaking of, how is your current witch hunt going?

How brilliant are YOU? I just gave you the first fucking clue and you screwed it up. I R-E-S-P-O-N-D-E-D. In simple, 1st grade math that means I didn't start shit, you twit. SO maybe YOU need to learn how to read the topic instead of making your usual, "I think I'm funny" ad hominem bullshit posts? Try reading what I responded to before running your suck.

You WOULD think this board has gotten better; which, validates the aforementioned response. The more leftwingnuts the better for you, huh?

Fact is, before YOU and YOUR ilk arrived, we had pretty considerate discussions that DID stay on topic. Before goobers like you started exercising drive-by's and gang tactics on posts and threads.

You questioning my ability in public to administrate this board? Go find a better one where you get to run your un-funny face with the viewpoints you have. DU comes to mind.

Lame.

when will be the right f-ing day, gunster?

in 10 years?

I didn't say anything about your admin skills, didn't even bring it up. I am talking about your personal witch hunt of left wingers, or are your threads you start attacking us as admin and not as a poster? I personally thought the alligator one as a poster, but I could be wrong.
And if you think there are more leftwingers on here, well you need to start paying attention to who posts around here.

I didn't say anything about your admin skills, didn't even bring it up. I am talking about your personal witch hunt of left wingers, or are your threads you start attacking us as admin and not as a poster? I personally thought the alligator one as a poster, but I could be wrong.
And if you think there are more leftwingers on here, well you need to start paying attention to who posts around here.

he cannot separate PUI and AUI.

Actually, the board is far more left than right... Travel on in to some of the biggest forums on this board - Flame Zone, General Chat, and Politics..

Actually, the board is far more left than right... Travel on in to some of the biggest forums on this board - Flame Zone, General Chat, and Politics..

:lol: Sure it is.

:lol: Sure it is.

Fact is, you're flat out wrong.

Lame.

when will be the right f-ing day, gunster?

in 10 years?

ANY time YOU want to have a legit debate with me, let me know. I'll lock the thread down so the drive-by - ers can't play. Preferably when I haven't been sick for a week.

If you DON'T think there are more leftwingnuts on here, you need a shrink.:cuckoo:

he cannot separate PUI and AUI.

I may not be able to separate your acronyms, but I CAN address ad hominem attacks. Which, I did. Directly and to the point.

Anything else?

In all the years I have been on forums...not one year agoes by without at least ONE "What happened to [insert forum name here]
To be followed by 100 comments about how there is nothing but trash now - and brilliant dissertations and commentary before.

The only thing that changes is the people who are asking the question.

Many like to claim they are on the right and yet they post like they are on the left. At least from my perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back