What has happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or has this board really turned into an absolute cesspool?

I've gone just to a few threads and it's about 10% meaningful debate and 90% bullshit, trolling, name calling, ad hominems ...

I haven't been here actively in a while, but I remember this place being much more civil and way more enjoyable.

Is it because of all the new members?

What happened?

In the 10 months I have been here, it has changed dramatically and many of the members I enjoyed then, are no longer here. It isn't fun anymore for me and because of that, I post fewer threads, participate less, and have disabled my Paypal auto-renewal to USMB. Heck why would I pay money to come here and be *bitchslapped* by one or more mods? Answer? *I won't.* The customer service has declined too but not with many of the mods. They are the reasons I still come here.

I've gone just to a few threads and it's about 10% meaningful debate and 90% bullshit, trolling, name calling, ad hominems ...

I haven't been here actively in a while, but I remember this place being much more civil and way more enjoyable.

What happened?

What happened? You took some time off. Time away from the boards tends to give you a different perspective when you come back.

Bingo.

Showing up at a board after a long break is like showing up at a party after everyone else has had a few frosty beverages. Everyone looks drunk until one has downed a couple.

Last edited:
History, higher education, court documents, harvard studies, dictionary definitions and many other cold hard facts are no longer accepted evidence to the right here.

They prefer any fresh findings out of Glen Becks ass to the old standards.

And right on cue, here is the Member of Doom to spread gray ash over each and every discussion.

Want to respond to how people who make 250,000 are not rich in the US?

You just got through refusing a Harvard study on effective stimulus and claiming rich people are not rich.

What happened?

All told, it's about the same. And we've been members for about the same length of time. I find it depends upon the general time of day you visit the board because you will find a whole different group of people at various times.

It has been taken over by the echo chamber. A group of not too bright trolls who hate Obama, Democrats and are threatened by ideas which conflict with RW dogma.

HaHa!!
Start the post by saying the site has been taken over by hacks...then make a comment that only addresses the other side.

Too funny.

What happened?

Pregnancy sometimes clouds your judgement.

Yes, this place is an absolute cesspool...but it hasn't changed.

;)

I really feel like it has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe it's just the topics I chose to respond to ... and it might be because I spent a lot of time at a board where discussion is actually moderated and has a set of rules that have to be followed.

Sounds like a fun liberal or Christian board. Where people have to watch what they say. It's great if you share the opinion of the mods and want to sit around with a bunch of like-minded people patting each other on the back.

What happened?

Usually just about every thread degenerates into name-calling because the loser can't defend his or her indefensible positions anymore or some troll starts making nasty comments because something more constructive escapes them. It only takes about 4 or 5 pages and that's what we're left with. Most of the time I bail by then because it's a waste of time then.

Ahhhhhh, your old lady wears army boots! :eusa_whistle:

What happened?

;)

I really feel like it has taken a turn for the worse. Maybe it's just the topics I chose to respond to ... and it might be because I spent a lot of time at a board where discussion is actually moderated and has a set of rules that have to be followed.

I hope to God you aren't talking about PC Heaven over at hannsterland. :eek:

What happened?

New members. They've been banned everywhere else. Freedom of speech is a terrible thing in the hands of the irresponsible.

That's why normal people can't have nice things.

What happened?

;)

Since YOU joined, anyway.

What happened?

It has been taken over by the echo chamber. A group of not too bright trolls who hate Obama, Democrats and are threatened by ideas which conflict with RW dogma.

It has been taken over by a bunch of not too bright Obama/Democrat lovers who are threatened by the ideas of common sense and logic.

Look, junior ... this was a rightwingnut, neocon haven before I got here. People like YOU have degraded this board more than anyone with a brain that thinks Obama sucks.

What happened? The eighties happened and money won the bet.

"The materialistic and selfish quality of contemporary life is not inherent in the human condition. Much of what appears natural today dates from the 1980s: the obsession with wealth creation, the cult of privatization and the private sector, the growing disparities of rich and poor. And above all, the rhetoric which accompanies these: uncritical admiration for unfettered markets, disdain for the public sector, the delusion of endless growth." Tony Judt 'Ill Fares the Land'

The 80's happened? I noticed that's when leftwingnuts like my parents made all their money then blamed everything on Reaganomics.:cuckoo:

Hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back