What has an illegal immigrant done to deprive you of something?

Wouldn't NEED to happen if the ESL programs had the goal to make kids FLUENT in English in a short time.

I have to wonder whether that goal is even achievable. Look at how many presumably native speakers of English post on here are are not fluent with the language. I don't write that snidely. There are varying degrees of language proficiency, however, what people consider "fluency" (not a term evaluators use when conducting formal evaluations) is as follows:
To illustrate my point, I point you to a post earlier in this thread in which a member construed the title question to this thread as meaning: "How are you affected by illegal immigration?" (post 192)

In post 234 of this thread, you'll see that another member thinks the primary aspect of clarification requested of him has to do with figure of speech.

Indeed, a
For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
Path not taken. Who knows what the true cost to society is. No one.
I agree it's the path I didn't pursue. I thus cannot say that I am impacted, which is why I did state I've not deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

It's also worth noting that I don't know that I've ever encountered an illegal immigrant. That too forces me to say I haven't been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

I for a day was an illegal immigrant for part of a day while I waited to get a visa renewal for an Asian country. That was my own fault, but I didn't include myself in considering the title question.
I don't mean it is a path you didn't pursue. I mean that you can't know what the cost is of illegal immigration because we will never know what it would have been without it.

****Errantly posted in reply to ding *******
Right. You've now said the same thing twice and I'm in this post for the second time agreeing with you. In my first response to you I didn't use the word "agree" with regard to the "what's not knowable isn't knowable" aspect of your remarks, instead merely amplifying your comment and expounding a bit on the underpinnings of my OP statements.

Revised remarks for ding
I did not in my OP remark upon illegal immigration. I only answered the title question.

I'm sorry. I see now that you were talking about illegal immigration and my OP spoke only to whether I have been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.
Yes, I am talking about the bigger picture.

By all means do discuss the bigger picture, but please directly answer the title question, which as you point out, is not about the bigger picture.

Perhaps you have directly answered the title question. I haven't yet checked to see if you have. If you have not yet done so, would you please do so.

..... People like you are the problem, not the solution.

What problem, racist? How is your dimwitted racism a problem of my making?
Racism my sweet bippy, I really doubt this matter concerns you. Or, is exploiting illegal aliens and pandering to race by you wealthy rich whites GOOD? Nobody is above the law. How is racism hurting YOU, BTW?

Wouldn't NEED to happen if the ESL programs had the goal to make kids FLUENT in English in a short time.

I have to wonder whether that goal is even achievable. Look at how many presumably native speakers of English post on here are are not fluent with the language. I don't write that snidely. There are varying degrees of language proficiency, however, what people consider "fluency" (not a term evaluators use when conducting formal evaluations) is as follows:
To illustrate my point, I point you to a post earlier in this thread in which a member construed the title question to this thread as meaning: "How are you affected by illegal immigration?" (post 192)

In post 234 of this thread, you'll see that another member thinks the primary aspect of clarification requested of him has to do with figure of speech.

Indeed, a
For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
I agree it's the path I didn't pursue. I thus cannot say that I am impacted, which is why I did state I've not deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

It's also worth noting that I don't know that I've ever encountered an illegal immigrant. That too forces me to say I haven't been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

I for a day was an illegal immigrant for part of a day while I waited to get a visa renewal for an Asian country. That was my own fault, but I didn't include myself in considering the title question.
I don't mean it is a path you didn't pursue. I mean that you can't know what the cost is of illegal immigration because we will never know what it would have been without it.

Right. You've now said the same thing twice and I'm in this post for the second time agreeing with you. In my first response to you I didn't use the word "agree" with regard to the "what's not knowable isn't knowable" aspect of your remarks, instead merely amplifying your comment and expounding a bit on the underpinnings of my OP statements.

Revised remarks for ding
I did not in my OP remark upon illegal immigration. I only answered the title question.

I'm sorry. I see now that you were talking about illegal immigration and my OP spoke only to whether I have been deprived of something by an illegal immigrant.

By all means do discuss the bigger picture, but please directly answer the title question, which as you point out, is not about the bigger picture.

Perhaps you have directly answered the title question. I haven't yet checked to see if you have. If you have not yet done so, would you please do so.

Tell me sir: When was the last time you did a day of work? Do elaborate, please.

Racism my sweet bippy, I really doubt this matter concerns you. Or, is exploiting illegal aliens and pandering to race by you wealthy rich whites GOOD? Nobody is above the law. How is racism hurting YOU, BTW?
That is a good question MaryL perhaps Xelor will start a thread asking the question so they can get a better handle on the thought processes that makes others explain how racism is personally hurting them. Maybe Unkotare can be the first to respond to that "you" question Xelor asks.

...they've sort of forced our hand....

"Our"? Who do you think that you speak for?
I'll play along with you....The higher grade prideful, real American citizen....

Who told you that YOU represent such a demographic?

The lower grade taxpayer tit sucking un-American citizen

Be more specific.

Look bud, your anything goes free for all has ended...get your head pulled from your ass and wrapped around that. Your political correctness era has ended and people are no longer afraid to call reality as it actually is...we don't give a shit who's feelings get hurt in the process of delivering truth. What conclusions can you draw from that?...Get that little tiny peanut brain working and hit me with another desperate one-liner.

Racism my sweet bippy,......

Nobody believes your bippy is anything like sweet, but anyone reading your whiny nonsense can see what a dimwitted racist you are. Own it.
Wow, the trifecta here, a hateful judgmental condescending liberal .I live with Mexicans, not you rich white boys living in your secluded gated rich white communities. Sorry, but you just are out of the loop here, boyo.

Ask yourself:
What is the difference between somone seeing your front gate's "do not enter sign" and asking permission to come in the gate before opening and entering or someone seeing the sign and disobeying it and waltzing in without permission?
Then ask yourself why the disobedient one won't let you just come into his yard unnanounced without permission?

Now, ask yourself; what is the difference between someone ringing your doorbell and asking permission to come in your house compared to someone unexpectingly just opening your door or window and coming in unnanounced? What do you call an unannounced home invader?
Then ask yourself what is the difference
when the home invader steals your S.S. number, personal info, credit cards and Identity-is there a difference and what do you call the invader I.D. thief?
Then ask yourself: "Why won't this invader let me come in and out of their house anytime with their I.D.?"

Then ask yourself: why should the future people who ask permission to come through the front gate or ring your bell asking permission be punished or held from access to reach you all because of those who don't follow simple fair guidlines.

Now you were saying about what is the difference, well are you completely ignoring that you literally know this answer and practice it at home, business, and places you frequent? Get real.
*Folds arms like Run of RunDMC
*Drops the Verizon mic and walks away

Have you directly answered the title question? I did in my OP. I could ask myself all the questions you posed, and the answers to none of them would indicate that I have or have not by an illegal immigrant been deprived of anything.

Other people who've posted in this thread want to talk about the bigger picture of illegal immigration. Truly, I didn't create this thread expecting that I'd post past my OP, aside from saying, "TY for your reply," to people who directly answer the title question. All I wanted from this thread is members' direct answers to the title question I asked. That's it.

Y'all want to talk about immigration and not about your own experiences of having been deprived specifically of something, fine, but please just answer the title question. The people who did so aren't finding that I'm complaining about their discussing all manners of things, immigration-related or not. I didn't ask a difficult question to answer. It doesn't even make sense that people are unable/reticent to answer it.

Indeed, a

Revised remarks for ding

Tell me sir: When was the last time you did a day of work? Do elaborate, please.

I don't often do a full day of work. The last time I worked for eight or more hours in a day was a couple weeks ago. I'm semi-retired and have been for just over a year.

Now that I've directly answered your question. Would you please directly respond to the clarifying question I asked you?

Ask yourself:
What is the difference between somone seeing your front gate's "do not enter sign" and asking permission to come in the gate before opening and entering or someone seeing the sign and disobeying it and waltzing in without permission?
Then ask yourself why the disobedient one won't let you just come into his yard unnanounced without permission?

Now, ask yourself; what is the difference between someone ringing your doorbell and asking permission to come in your house compared to someone unexpectingly just opening your door or window and coming in unnanounced? What do you call an unannounced home invader?
Then ask yourself what is the difference
when the home invader steals your S.S. number, personal info, credit cards and Identity-is there a difference and what do you call the invader I.D. thief?
Then ask yourself: "Why won't this invader let me come in and out of their house anytime with their I.D.?"

Then ask yourself: why should the future people who ask permission to come through the front gate or ring your bell asking permission be punished or held from access to reach you all because of those who don't follow simple fair guidlines.

Now you were saying about what is the difference, well are you completely ignoring that you literally know this answer and practice it at home, business, and places you frequent? Get real.
*Folds arms like Run of RunDMC
*Drops the Verizon mic and walks away

Have you directly answered the title question? I did in my OP. I could ask myself all the questions you posed, and the answers to none of them would indicate that I have or have not by an illegal immigrant been deprived of anything.

Other people who've posted in this thread want to talk about the bigger picture of illegal immigration. Truly, I didn't create this thread expecting that I'd post past my OP, aside from saying, "TY for your reply," to people who directly answer the title question. All I wanted from this thread is members' direct answers to the title question I asked. That's it.

Y'all want to talk about immigration and not about your own experiences of having been deprived specifically of something, fine, but please just answer the title question. The people who did so aren't finding that I'm complaining about their discussing all manners of things, immigration-related or not. I didn't ask a difficult question to answer. It doesn't even make sense that people are unable/reticent to answer it.

I find you to be an ignorant, yet educated, nonworking douche. Tell me more about how you contribute to society.

It's funny, when asked if illegal aliens hurt me, it gets minimized as racism or xenophobia. Ask a question, then bash anyone that answers. Real question is :Why minimize illegal immigration? Why minimize the harm they do? Nobody is above the law. Not even Mexicans. Shock and amazement, but, yes, even illegal aliens from Mexico have to follow the law, too.

Forum List

Back