What has an illegal immigrant done to deprive you of something?

What have they done?
That is not what I asked. I asked: "what has an illegal immigrant done to deprive you of something?"

I don't need to ask the very broad question that you are attempting to answer in place of the question I actually asked. I can watch the news, read the papers, Google, etc. to find the answer to that question.
That's funny. Because to break a law is to offend all of us.

You're dumb enough to think there is only a singular, individual impact. I'm going to assume to say that you're smart enough to know it doesn't work that way.

I've not asserted anything about immigrants -- illegal or legal. I asked a non-rhetorical question and I provided my own direct answer to it.

I mentioned D.C. because I live in D.C.; I didn't note that point of fact in the OP. I should have so that the contextual significance of my statement about "tons of immigrants" living in D.C. was clear. That is my mistake.

A few years back, I was in a DC suburb and went to a Burger King for lunch. Not a single employee spoke English. They did not speak the first word of English! So, I used what little Spanish I know to place my order.

I felt like I was back overseas instead of a block from my son's apartment.

TYVM for your reply. Yours is the first post in the thread (the first I've read) that directly answers exactly the question I asked. I appreciate your having the decency to simply and directly answer the question.
Start on page 1 (or hit your "read ignored content"). Several posters have told you how illegal immigrants have directly affected their / their families' lives. I think it's hard for most posters to know who is legal or illegal just meeting them on the street. Even the Admiral doesn't know if the workers at that Burger King were illegal. They all could have had green cards, for all he knows. Unlike naturalization, one is not required to speak English to get a green card.

Having said all that, in answer to your question, I have no idea if ILLEGAL immigrants are the ones who flood the laundromat on Sundays during blueberry harvest and wreathing seasons. I need to switch to Saturdays during those times. They are all speaking either Spanish or Haitian and are here doing migrant work, but whether they're illegal, I have no idea. The first and not bad Mexican restaurant around here got shut down several years ago when it was determined the owners were bringing in illegals and finding them work. They went to prison. I missed the flan, for sure.

I think I maybe understand the thinking behind your OP--that too many people are making a ruckus about illegal immigrants without really having any evidence that they are harming us. We are being fed harmful "hate" propaganda. But I see the point of the arguments here that point out the affect of flooded labor markets and the high costs of medical care for the insured, particularly when those people number in the many millions. If folks are here working, I agree they should be paying their share in taxes (including DJTrump). That is as much the responsibility of employers as it is the immigrants themselves, and I'm waiting....waiting....waiting....for that to be the focus of our administration's focus.

If they are here WORKING, and do not speak the first word of English, that is a pretty good indication that they came across the border in the past few months sewn inside a car seat. They definitely were not on a tourist visa.

This whole speak English meme is bullshit. I know for a fact that neither schools, nor church services, conducted services in English until fifty or so years AFTER the American Revolution in this area. Before that those services were conducted in German. In fact, some schools in North Carolina were still conducting classes in German after the Civil War. The local hero that founded the city in this area never ever spoke English. He spoke German and Cherokee.

Besides, your kids best get used to broken English and strong foreign accents if they plan on attaining a college degree in a STEM field.

That was nearly 200 years ago. Wake up and smell the coffee!

I like this, ask a question, then bash those that answer affirmative. Illegals have poisoned my dog, put bullets in my house, kept me awake at night with loud ass music, pushed out all other races and cultures, and taken away any semblance of quality of life. And, personally threatened me with death because I am white. That is OK, though.
But A FEW rich white elitists profit from them, that's GOOD? How does that equation work, anyway?

So, you're a victim?
...In that ivory tower of yours.

:lol: What ivory tower is that?
Tell us how above all this you are, your majesty. Condescending jerk. You pretend to understand how illegals hurt people, defend illegals? Then mock or bully us that are hurt by illegals? You aren't fooling anyone.This is just a game to you.

You're offended that not everyone is a racist like you?
Said the condescending bully.

And again the victim card.

To me personally nothing that however does not change the fact they have broken our laws and are not here legally I have never been deprived of anything from an armed robber either that does not make armed robbery any less illegal or those who committ armed robbery any less of a criminal.

Tell us how above all this you are, your majesty. Condescending jerk. You pretend to understand how illegals hurt people, defend illegals? Then mock or bully us that are hurt by illegals? You aren't fooling anyone.This is just a game to you.

Nobody likes bullies, either.

I have to wonder whether that goal is even achievable. Look at how many presumably native speakers of English post on here are are not fluent with the language. I don't write that snidely. There are varying degrees of language proficiency, however, what people consider "fluency" (not a term evaluators use when conducting formal evaluations) is as follows:

I'm gonna make the assumption, we could liven it up with a bet if you don't agree :badgrin: -- but if you evaluated the language skills of a non-US born illegal child in Spanish (representative sample) -- you'd find the similar situation in MOST of the illegal cohort that's come in since the 1990s or so. They are probably very low achieving in their NATIVE language. MAYBE below the level you are whining about for US born non-immigrant children..

When I was in Cali -- all of the 3 and 7th gen Hispanics I worked with were appalled at the "new-comers". A different level of education, values and such..

Now I'm VERY pro immigration. And my "damage" is Cali was incurred more thru government stupidity than by direct harm from illegal immigration. But my position is that I can't be MORE generous towards immigration while I have such a dysfunctional and underachieving and unaccountable government in charge of it.

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
They're depriving legal US citizens of their sovereignty, they are depriving tax payers the law enforcement officers they need because they are dealing with illegals and their crimes, they are depriving our schools of funds needed for our own kids, they are depriving all of us from many services we pay for that they have no business using themselves.

So I suppose by your reasoning 100% of all US citizens should want these free loading pricks gone for depriving our society of what we pay for.

I like this, ask a question, then bash those that answer affirmative. Illegals have poisoned my dog, put bullets in my house, kept me awake at night with loud ass music, pushed out all other races and cultures, and taken away any semblance of quality of life. And, personally threatened me with death because I am white. ...?

YEEEAAH....based on your history of racist ranting, I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit. Thanks.

It one of those things, when Mexican illegals actually hurt you, and you notice their hate, that's racism.
Racism my sweet bippy,......

Nobody believes your bippy is anything like sweet, but anyone reading your whiny nonsense can see what a dimwitted racist you are. Own it.
Wow, the trifecta here, a hateful judgmental condescending liberal .I live with Mexicans, not you rich white boys living in your secluded gated rich white communities. Sorry, but you just are out of the loop here, boyo.
I find this interesting...

I've seen Unkotare's posts, they are far from being liberal. In fact, the positions he/she takes are quite independent.

But let's go on accusing everyone who disagrees with you a liberal and a racist, why don't we?
Unko seems to be a tad conflicted on immigration, Mexicans aren't a race. And NOBODY can immigrate illegally, and wanting folks to immigrate legally isn't racist.
He keeps playing that up, and defending illegal aliens. NOBODY has a right to violate immigration laws. He keeps playing up racism to support illegals, which makes me think he's over compensating. It's those classist rich white liberals not effect by them that support illegals and downplay the harm illegals do. No other reason for this nonsense.

You keep quacking like a duck....
And you are rich white white boy tilting at windmills. You hate poor white people and you despise yourself. What do you know about the harm illegals do, anyway, you quack.

Correct.

And those who play it are now ascendant.

Next step... hunting down Anchor Baby Producers and their litters.

Enjoy.

By sucking on the healthcare system they suck money out of all of our pockets by distributing the cost to people that actually pay for service.

I'm looking at an ER bill of 2K+ out of pocket right now for an ER visit that consisted of a couple of nebulizer treatments for my young son. Realistic cost, including personnel time, which totaled about 30 minutes, a few hundred bucks. Usual out of pocket on that same scenario, which has happened before, is 25 bucks. It was a holiday, other service centers were closed, so we had no choice but the ER in this case and got utterly reamed.

The same is true of other services. Schools, cops, firemen, emt and so forth. That shit isn't free. They jack demand, requiring expansion of infrastructure and personnel, don't pay and the cost gets shifted to other people.

Sorry, but your emergency room bill is not high due to illegal immigrants. First, illegal immigrants rarely show up in the emergency room, pretty easy way to get discovered by the INS. Second, when they do show up, they often pay. Third, illegal immigrants contribute more money to the Medicare Trust fund than the care they receive. Hell, the illegal immigrants are SUBSIDIZING YOU, it is not the other way around.

The study found that in 2011 alone, undocumented immigrants paid in $3.5 billion more than they needed in care. “Unauthorized immigrants generated an average surplus of $316 per capita to the Trust Fund, while other Americans generated a deficit of $106 per capita,” the study’s press release indicated.

No, Undocumented Immigrants Aren’t A Burden On The Health Care System
By sucking on the healthcare system they suck money out of all of our pockets by distributing the cost to people that actually pay for service.

I'm looking at an ER bill of 2K+ out of pocket right now for an ER visit that consisted of a couple of nebulizer treatments for my young son. Realistic cost, including personnel time, which totaled about 30 minutes, a few hundred bucks. Usual out of pocket on that same scenario, which has happened before, is 25 bucks. It was a holiday, other service centers were closed, so we had no choice but the ER in this case and got utterly reamed.

The same is true of other services. Schools, cops, firemen, emt and so forth. That shit isn't free. They jack demand, requiring expansion of infrastructure and personnel, don't pay and the cost gets shifted to other people.

Sorry, but your emergency room bill is not high due to illegal immigrants. First, illegal immigrants rarely show up in the emergency room, pretty easy way to get discovered by the INS. Second, when they do show up, they often pay. Third, illegal immigrants contribute more money to the Medicare Trust fund than the care they receive. Hell, the illegal immigrants are SUBSIDIZING YOU, it is not the other way around.

The study found that in 2011 alone, undocumented immigrants paid in $3.5 billion more than they needed in care. “Unauthorized immigrants generated an average surplus of $316 per capita to the Trust Fund, while other Americans generated a deficit of $106 per capita,” the study’s press release indicated.

No, Undocumented Immigrants Aren’t A Burden On The Health Care System

I see some articles that support your position and some that refute it, such as this one

“What is unseen is their [illegal aliens’] free medical care that has degraded and closed some of America’s finest emergency medical facilities, and caused hospital bankruptcies: 84 California hospitals are closing their doors,” Madeleine Peiner Cosman, Ph.D., Esq., “Illegal Aliens and American Medicine,” Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, Spring 2005.

Or this one

http://cis.org/medicaid-cost

• We have previously estimated that taxpayer-provided health care for uninsured illegal immigrants costs $4.3 billion annually. About half of that goes to those with incomes below 133 percent of poverty.

• While the annual costs run into the billions, because of their relatively young age and generally good health, the average cost of Medicaid for illegal immigrants is about half of the average general cost of Medicaid per enrollee.

• During the budget period 2014-2019, in which Medicaid expansion takes effect, covering 3.1 million amnestied immigrants would conservatively cost taxpayers $48.6 billion.

So, I obviously disagree with your assessment, and certainly with the statement that these people are subsidizing me, or anyone else. They're a net negative acording to that information and someone is paying for that.

Now, if you have some info that illegals, as a whole, are a net positive for the taxpayer in terms of medical care you might have a point. Sans that, you dont.

And I would note that I did not indicate at any point that they are solely responsible, only that they contribute to a rise in cost to these and other services.

Then you didn't read my post and quote. Illegal immigrants pay Social Security taxes, usually under a fake number. Part of those taxes go to the Medicare trust fund. But those illegal immigrants cannot qualify for Medicare. The amount of money all the illegal immigrants put in to the Medicare trust fund EXCEEDS the total amount of government spending on their health care. So yes, they are subsidizing you.

You know damn well that cannot be true unless you are saying that an illegal immigrant contributing to someones Medicare taxes at 1.45% of their income will offset the billions of dollars we spend on taking care of illegal's healthcare.

The numbers simply do not add up.

Nobody likes bullies, either.

Are you in the 3rd grade? If not, stop communicating like a child in defense of your victim card.
Things getting a little too hot for your family?
My family are spread to the wind. Liberals are so conflicted about hate and bullying. They bully about race or ethics, but then bash people that do the same thing. Liberals aren't any better than conservatives, are they? Then question about maturity levels...really?

For me the answer is "not a damn thing." D.C. has a ton of immigrants from all over the world. So do the other places where I spend a fair amount of time. I've not lost a job to an illegal immigrant. None of them have come traipsing through the neighborhood. No lost benefits, no longer lines anywhere, and I don't see that my taxes have gone up so as I'd notice because of them.
Me either. They haven't bothered me at all. I respect the lot of them.

Where do you live? Can a poor person afford to live there?

I haven't worked in over 10 years. I would love to move into a shack with outdoor plumbing in the Imperial Valley in California and pick lettuce for below minimum wage for 14 hour days in 115 degree summer heat, but those damned illegals have taken away my opportunity to do so!

They should not be forced to do that by unscrupulous farmers.

I don't know where poor people can afford to live these days. Rent is high everywhere, and with Donald Trump's first day of EO's so are mortgages.

I don't know where poor people can afford to live these days. Rent is high everywhere, and with Donald Trump's first day of EO's so are mortgages.
I don't see a mass exit from Hempstead, Uniondale or Roosevelt; but I'll keep an eye out just for you.

Mortgages are high? Were you alive during Carter's time in office when they were in the teens?

New Topics

Forum List

Back