What ground for compromise?

Correll

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2015
Ok, more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil, with no grounds for compromise or even discussion.

ANYTHING, even remotely touching on Race, and if you don't agree with them, you are a "racist", for one the biggest example.

Now they have decided that any form of Nationalism, is akin go Nazism, based on I'm not sure what, so if you are too nationalistic, you are a "nazi" or something.

My question here is twofold,

1. A challenge to put forth any major issue that is still just a matter of policy, where reasonable people can reasonably disagree,

or

2. To discuss how each issue is framed so that we can discuss this problem. ie give one other issue, that you see libs frame this way, and how they frame it.

Any liberals that deny that this is a thing, are welcome to explain what you think I got wrong. Or to defend the idea of why, left vs right has broken down to Good vs Evil.

USA is a democracy governed by anti-democratic institutions. thats why there'll NEVER be gun control

You never compromise with a leftist ever.

In the past, it was different. This is the end game of how compromise died. I'm curious about the details.
Compromise only works when you have two sides that want the same thing but have different views on how to do it. you incorporate portions of both views together to get what both groups want. With leftist, you compromise they come back for more and more. They never compromise their views

Ok, more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil, with no grounds for compromise or even discussion.

ANYTHING, even remotely touching on Race, and if you don't agree with them, you are a "racist", for one the biggest example.

Now they have decided that any form of Nationalism, is akin go Nazism, based on I'm not sure what, so if you are too nationalistic, you are a "nazi" or something.

1. A challenge to put forth any major issue that is still just a matter of policy, where reasonable people can reasonably disagree,

or

2. To discuss how each issue is framed so that we can discuss this problem. ie give one other issue, that you see libs frame this way, and how they frame it.

Any liberals that deny that this is a thing, are welcome to explain what you think I got wrong. Or to defend the idea of why, left vs right has broken down to Good vs Evil.

I think it is funny that you claim this is only in the minds of the Left. You right wingers view the left wingers the exact same way. Every day, 100 times a day the rightwingers on here call the left wingers evil and all sorts of other things.

There is no difference between the wings, they are filled with irrational, mind controlled sheep.

1. Every issue is that way to the 30% or so of the country that is not blindly partisan. Reasonable people agree that a million abortions a year is too many and will work to lower the number, the wingers will say even one is too many or a million is not enough. There are 100s of examples like this.

or

I think it is funny that you claim this is only in the minds of the Left. You right wingers view the left wingers the exact same way. Every day, 100 times a day the rightwingers on here call the left wingers evil and all sorts of other things.

There is no difference between the wings, they are filled with irrational, mind controlled sheep.

1. Every issue is that way to the 30% or so of the country that is not blindly partisan. Reasonable people agree that a million abortions a year is too many and will work to lower the number, the wingers will say even one is too many or a million is not enough. There are 100s of examples like this.
You are evil with no common sense. now what?

or

you are a mindless partisan sheep on an internet forum with a picture of someone else's guns on your signature line...in other words I do not give a flying fuck what you think of me.

or

Using D boot to stomp on the face of humanity forever?

or

you are a mindless partisan sheep on an internet forum with a picture of someone else's guns on your signature line...in other words I do not give a flying fuck what you think of me.
Stop your whining you can't have those guns EVER

or

I do not want them, I have all I want.

I just find it pathetic you have to display someone else's guns as your signature line.

if you're a republican you have 2 choices 1)enable Trump's racism or 2)quit the party

bend the knee or head for the exits!

or

I don't know how any conservative can complain about the Democrats not being willing to compromise, after watching the GOP attack any Republican who didn't toe the line as RINOs and commies and "deep state". What level of denial or intellectual myopia is required to miss this?

And with "more and more I am noticing that every issue, has, at least in the minds of the Left, been framed as a matter of good vs evil...", we see the same thing. For example: The leftists aren't political opponents they are mortal enemies...

How in the freaking world do partisans not see this? Is ideology really that blinding a condition? This is beyond amazing or incredible or astonishing. This is truly disturbing, and it's further proof that the ends of our political spectrum are killing us.

To the thread title's point about "compromise", this is yet another canard foisted by talk radio onto its listeners and swallowed like pablum. First of all, as insane as this may sound to people on the ends of the spectrum, "compromise" is not a bad thing. It's only a bad thing if you're paranoid that you won't have everything your way. Compromise does not equal capitulation.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, communication and collaboration by intelligent people can manifest innovation, the creation of something all new to which both parties have a vested interest in seeing succeed.

Gee, what would be an example? Hmmm, howzabout our Constitution?

I think this is all ego. Party over country. But it's reached fucking psychosis levels.

or

I just find it pathetic you have to display someone else's guns as your signature line.
they aren't even part of the discussion but you had to point them out
You must want them

You must want them

They say something about you, that you choose to put them as your signature even though they are not yours...it just screams "look at how pathetic I am".

You must want them

They say something about you, that you choose to put them as your signature even though they are not yours...it just screams "look at how pathetic I am".
WOW, how can you hear anything over your screams of fake injustice? If that pic bothers you so much I'll leave it.

WOW, how can you hear anything over your screams of fake injustice? If that pic bothers you so much I'll leave it.

Injustice? What the fuck are you talking about? Are you drunk? Who said anything about injustice?

The picture does not bother me at all, I think it is good that you are happy to show what a pathetic person that you are. You should be proud of your pathetic nature, it seems to be your best quality.

Forum List

Back