What Frightened You as a Kid?

Shattered said:
The monster under the bed.

:D That's a good one, I used to jump into bed keeping my feet away from the bottom of the bed, then I would surround myself with my stuffed animals for protection.

Oh, and I forgot.. Tall uncles, apparently.. I have one that stands about 6'5", and when I was little, the second he picked me up, I'd totally lose it. I'm still afraid of heights.

...and I was an expert at flying before I was 6. I could make it from the bathroom across the hall, to my bed at the other end of the room only touching ground once. :D

Shattered said:
Oh, and I forgot.. Tall uncles, apparently.. I have one that stands about 6'5", and when I was little, the second he picked me up, I'd totally lose it. I'm still afraid of heights.

...and I was an expert at flying before I was 6. I could make it from the bathroom across the hall, to my bed at the other end of the room only touching ground once. :D

Oh my god! I have an uncle who's 6ft 7in who always poked me in the stomach with his finger when I was a kid. He thought he was being funny, I hated it!! :poke:

Sirens & fireworks around 4 yrs old.
Around 8 or 10, we had a peeping tom & then some teenagers steal dad's hubcaps. I became afraid of the dark for a while.

The Exorsist when I was like 6, I recall being at the drive-in with my parent's wacthing this one, I think I was suppose to be sleeping. However I can still freak myself out pretty bad at night especially if I have just watched a horror movie! :D

I was always scared of thunderstorms,and Freddy Kruger. After I watched that damn movie,I couldn't sleep for 3 nights,and after that,I was still convinved he was going to come through the middle of the bed!!!

Bonnie said:
:D That's a good one, I used to jump into bed keeping my feet away from the bottom of the bed, then I would surround myself with my stuffed animals for protection.

I used to do this too!!! I must have had 20 stuffed animals,and they protected me when I was sleeping,along with our dog,Barney!!

i wasn't scared of much, other than every time i heard of a disease on the news, i was convinced i had it. heart disease, cancer, asthma (because of my panic attacks), lung cancer, etc. yes i was a hypochondriac (i still am to a point).

i think my biggest scare was i thought i had AIDS when i was 8. back then, they didn't exactly know how it was contracted. i got sick, and thought i had the skin leisions (sp?)...turns out i had chicken pox.

Thunder and lightning still do me in! I will sit on the floor (bed frame is metal) until it passes over. I was also terrified of going into the basement.

SmarterThanYou said:
spiders.

and michael myers from halloween. :terror:

You wuss - admit it, spiders still make you scream like a little girl.:fifty:
I know.
Ive heard it.
Recently.

:poke:

I was and still am afraid of roaches (god I could yak just typing that nasty ass word) and flying things with stingers.

Forum List

Back