What First Amendment? Dems on FEC move to regulate Internet campaigns, blogs, Drudge

And yes, this belongs in Politics, it's about POLITICS.

Why do they want to do this? Democrats know the 1st Amendment is their biggest enemy. It was the biggest enemy of the Nazis, of Stalin, of Mao, of Castro. All despots hate the freedom of speech. It's their biggest enemy.

They MUST have ONLY side of things broadcast.

And Drudge has been following the ebola crisis closely and wouldn't Democrats like to shut that up.

(the words in purple above I added)

Dems on FEC move to regulate Internet campaigns blogs Drudge WashingtonExaminer.com

Here we go. Democrats know they are losing power and it's coming from a FREE PRESS, A FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.

They don't care, they have to stop that.

They tried to do the same thing with Rush and they keep trying.

Liberals like to pretend they are all for rights and freedom, but the opposite is the case. They hate freedom because freedom includes the freedom to NOT be liberal, not vote for liberals, and not support liberal causes.

THEY DON'T LIKE THAT and they are willing to do anything to stop that.

They will lie, they will defraud the vote, and they will stop anyone from getting the truth out.

We are going to have to yell our heads of about this, Call our Congressman and let Dems know they can't get away with this, otherwise they will.

Freedom's biggest enemy is a populace asleep at the switch.

Democrats are plural, they are individuals and to claim all Democrats think alike is absurd on its face.

That said, as a Democrat '[m opposed to propaganda presented as truth. I want an open exchange of ideas, something the New Right and those you noted above abhor. Drudge, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Palin, et al, all present one view, one concept as the The Truth and constantly disdain every idea, every person who dares to question their dogma.

Worse they never admit error, a tactic common in totalitarian society (the USSR [Russia], China, N. Korea, Iran, etc.) and place blame on their enemies sans evidence. They rewrite history, epidemic on this message board, and post perfidious threads any thinking, educated and awake person knows to be ridiculous; they repeat lies openly and often until they create pother and take on the false face of truth.

Please read the OP and consider it with my remarks.

Are there any left-leaning sites and networks that do this?

Oh NOT in Wry Catcher's world. They only print "the truth."

You have to understand what a clueless bubble liberals live in.

Here's a truth. Some pols and talking heads are more duplicitous than others; some lie, some use half-truths, lie by omission, use hyperbole, rumor and inuenndo all to fool the people. And some posters are no different, but most of them are simple parrots.

Don't like it, don't watch, Josef.

I haven't watched a single episode of your main news sources: Stewart, Colbert and Maddow, I just don't give a fuck what you listen to. But because you're a Nazi busybody who thinks we owe you, that we NEED your brilliant insight, that you and ONLY YOU HAVE to run our lives you want to silence the opposition.

Fucking Nazi

Frank, did I hit a nerve? Did you think (pardon the expression) that you are one of the parrots? Sorry, while you're a bird-brain, I would never insult parrots. You lack the capacity to echo RW Bullshit convincingly, and always default to your forte, the Idiot-Gram.

Never would I dream of censoring you, or Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Cruz or Rand. There is not a greater argument than your words and theirs to convince voters to vote for Democrats.

Never would I dream of censoring you, or Limbaugh, Hannity, Savage, Cruz or Rand. There is not a greater argument than your words and theirs to convince voters to vote for Democrats.

Let them hang themselves with their own words.

Y'know, I say the same thing about racists and anti-guy types, and the Left gets very, very pissy with me.

The beauty of freedom of expression is that it points out the crazies - and those who agree with them - loud and clear.

Some consistency here would be nice.

Last edited:
Democrats are plural, they are individuals and to claim all Democrats think alike is absurd on its face.

That said, as a Democrat '[m opposed to propaganda presented as truth. I want an open exchange of ideas, something the New Right and those you noted above abhor. Drudge, Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Palin, et al, all present one view, one concept as the The Truth and constantly disdain every idea, every person who dares to question their dogma.

Worse they never admit error, a tactic common in totalitarian society (the USSR [Russia], China, N. Korea, Iran, etc.) and place blame on their enemies sans evidence. They rewrite history, epidemic on this message board, and post perfidious threads any thinking, educated and awake person knows to be ridiculous; they repeat lies openly and often until they create pother and take on the false face of truth.

Here's a truth. Some pols and talking heads are more duplicitous than others; some lie, some use half-truths, lie by omission, use hyperbole, rumor and inuenndo all to fool the people. And some posters are no different, but most of them are simple parrots.

I haven't watched a single episode of your main news sources: Stewart, Colbert and Maddow, I just don't give a fuck what you listen to. But because you're a Nazi busybody who thinks we owe you, that we NEED your brilliant insight, that you and ONLY YOU HAVE to run our lives you want to silence the opposition.

Fucking Nazi

Frank, did I hit a nerve? Did you think (pardon the expression) that you are one of the parrots? Sorry, while you're a bird-brain, I would never insult parrots. You lack the capacity to echo RW Bullshit convincingly, and always default to your forte, the Idiot-Gram.

Just that you're a Nazi, that's all.

Fucking Nazi

Right, I enlisted in the US Navy during the Vietnam conflict, you never served our country; I graduated from CAL and have a Master's Degree from SF St. U.; I spent a career in law enforcement (32 years), raised a family (two boys) and have been married to my wife since 1974. I arrested, prosecuted and put anti-social dirt bags in prison, coached CYO Basketball, Little League Baseball, volunteered with the PTA and the cub and boy scouts. You are an asshole and a piece of shit, and face to face you would shit your pants if you called me a Nazi to my face, for you are a coward and a fool and a punk.

You say Nazi more than hilter.

Why do they want to do this? Democrats know the 1st Amendment is their biggest enemy. It was the biggest enemy of the Nazis, of Stalin, of Mao, of Castro. All despots hate the freedom of speech. It's their biggest enemy.

And Drudge has been following the ebola crisis closely and wouldn't Democrats like to shut that up.

Dems on FEC move to regulate Internet campaigns blogs Drudge WashingtonExaminer.com

Here we go. Democrats know they are losing power and it's coming from a FREE PRESS, A FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION.

Liberals like to pretend they are all for rights and freedom, but the opposite is the case. They hate freedom because freedom includes the freedom to NOT be liberal, not vote for liberals, and not support liberal causes.

They will lie, they will defraud the vote, and they will stop anyone from getting the truth out.

We are going to have to yell our heads of about this, Call our Congressman and let Dems know they can't get away with this, otherwise they will.

Fucking Nazi
You say Nazi more than hilter. ...sounds like you worship him..Stalin I bet also...

Fucking Nazi

Right, I enlisted in the US Navy during the Vietnam conflict, you never served our country; I graduated from CAL and have a Master's Degree from SF St. U.; I spent a career in law enforcement (32 years), raised a family (two boys) and have been married to my wife since 1974. I arrested, prosecuted and put anti-social dirt bags in prison, coached CYO Basketball, Little League Baseball, volunteered with the PTA and the cub and boy scouts. You are an asshole and a piece of shit, and face to face you would shit your pants if you called me a Nazi to my face, for you are a coward and a fool and a punk.
He's baiting you....you haven't caught onto his act yet?

Fucking Nazi

He's baiting you....you haven't caught onto his act yet?

Yeah, I've been aware of what a POS CrusaderFrank is for several years. Once in a while I want to put the focus on him and let others know how fucked up he is. At the moment I'm listening to the Giant's World Series pregame and thus, wanted to tell him, once again, what an asshole he is. My focus is on game, not on dirt bag right wing assholes.

Want to know why they want to regulate Drudge? This is why!

Front page of Drudge:

nydn.CoverContent

CITY OFFICIALS IN DESPERATE SEARCH FOR EBOLA DRUG...
REPORT: Hospital staffers call in 'sick'...
First Person Under 'Mandatory Quarantine' Criticizes Treatment...
FEAR OR FEVER?
'Barked questions at me as if I was a criminal'...
Tests Negative...
Rules cause civil-liberties concern...
FREAKOUT: Predictably American response...
Anti-Hysteria Hysteria...
Ebola crisis rekindles concerns about secret research in Russian military labs...

1414263433195_Image_galleryImage_I_am_a_nurse_who_has_just.JPG

MY QUARANTINE HELL

DRUDGE REPORT 2014

THAT'S WHY!

Because liberals want to shut down the truth about what's happening with ebola. Drudge is getting out the truth. Just as liberals tried to shut down the truth about Bill Clinton's horndogging and Drudge got out the truth.

Liberals want to stop the truth from getting out!

What are these regulations that are presently out side of the internet, that people are in ''fear'' of if added to the internet....?

Shouldn't we be advised by this supposed news source on what these regulations are...or at least give us a link to them? Journalism has gone to crud.....

It's called read the link at the op!

(Geesh)

Geez back at ya...

I READ THE LINK....

WHAT do these regulations entail? What ARE the regulations? What do these regulations cover and say? What IS IN these regulations that upsets you?

THAT THERE SHOULDN'T BE ANY REGULATIONS AT ALL!

This IS A COUNTRY WITH A FIRST AMENDMENT!

What part of that do you miss??????????

Would you think it was okay and Bush was president and it was Republicans going after left wing sites?

I bet not!

My guess is, you would be screaming like a stuck pig.

What are these regulations that are presently out side of the internet, that people are in ''fear'' of if added to the internet....?

Shouldn't we be advised by this supposed news source on what these regulations are...or at least give us a link to them? Journalism has gone to crud.....

It's called read the link at the op!

(Geesh)

Geez back at ya...

I READ THE LINK....

WHAT do these regulations entail? What ARE the regulations? What do these regulations cover and say? What IS IN these regulations that upsets you?
Most on the partisan right aren't interested in facts or the truth, they're only interested in contriving and propagating lies such as this one.

All you are doing is revealing YOUR partisanship.

Just because it isn't what you want to hear in your little liberal cocoon doesn't make it a lie.

In a surprise [Surprise MY ASS] move late Friday, a key Democrat on the Federal Election Commission called for burdensome new rules on Internet-based campaigning, prompting the Republican chairman to warn that Democrats want to regulate online political sites and even news medialike the Drudge Report.

Democratic FEC Vice Chair Ann M. Ravel announced plans to begin the process to win regulations on Internet-based campaigns and videos, currently free from most of the FEC’s rules. “A reexamination of the commission’s approach to the internet and other emerging technologies is long over due,” she said.

The power play followed a deadlocked 3-3 vote on whether an Ohio anti-President Obama Internet campaign featuring two videos violated FEC rules when it did not report its finances or offer a disclosure on the ads. The ads were placed for free on YouTube and were not paid advertising.

Under a 2006 FEC rule, free political videos and advocacy sites have been free of regulation in a bid to boost voter participation in politics. Only Internet videos that are placed for a fee on websites, such as the Washington Examiner, are regulated just like normal TV ads.

Ravel’s statement suggests that she would regulate right-leaning groups like America Risingthat posts anti-Democrat YouTube videos on its website.

FEC Chairman Lee E. Goodman, a Republican, said if regulation extends that far, then anybody who writes a political blog, runs a politically active news site or even chat room could be regulated. He added that funny internet campaigns like “Obama Girl,” and “Jib Jab” would also face regulations.

“I told you this was coming,” he told Secrets. Earlier this year he warned that Democrats on the panel were gunning for conservative Internet sites like the Drudge Report.

There's a funny thing about laws. It's actually about people and their behavior. Let me give an example.

If nobody ever abused alcohol, or, for that matter, if nobody ever drove a car TOO fast, it's quite possible that there would be no need to have laws against drunk driving and/or no need to have a posted speed limit. But you know what would happen at some point? Someone might very well decide to get drunk and drive too fast simply BECAUSE there are no laws against doing so. So, if there were no laws against public intoxication, you might very well see a LOT more people drunk in public. The point is that human behavior often is the driving force behind laws.

In this particular case, many of the things that would be impermissible on TV or radio (both of which are licensed), is not against the law on the Internet simply because laws almost always lag behind technological advancement. So, what happens as a result? People flock to the Internet to engage in activities that they could not get away with on TV or radio. In such cases, it's only a question of time until the Internet is brought under the same laws as other media. And probably 99% of the time, it's because some people decided to step over a line simply because they knew it was not yet illegal to do so.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is what happens when liberals make false comparisons.

We are not talking about alcoholism or driving a car. THOSE ARE NOT CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT FREE SPEECH!

(You want to know why I use caps? That's what it takes to penetrate liberal cluelessness)

We are talking about FREE SPEECH!

Exactly what line do you step over in FREE SPEECH before the government "steps in?"

Do you hear yourself? That's not the speech of a someone who believes in freedom. It's the speech of someone saying It's time for "Herr Hitler" to do something about those darn Social Democrats.

Think before you type!

In a surprise [Surprise MY ASS] move late Friday, a key Democrat on the Federal Election Commission called for burdensome new rules on Internet-based campaigning, prompting the Republican chairman to warn that Democrats want to regulate online political sites and even news medialike the Drudge Report.

Democratic FEC Vice Chair Ann M. Ravel announced plans to begin the process to win regulations on Internet-based campaigns and videos, currently free from most of the FEC’s rules. “A reexamination of the commission’s approach to the internet and other emerging technologies is long over due,” she said.

The power play followed a deadlocked 3-3 vote on whether an Ohio anti-President Obama Internet campaign featuring two videos violated FEC rules when it did not report its finances or offer a disclosure on the ads. The ads were placed for free on YouTube and were not paid advertising.

Under a 2006 FEC rule, free political videos and advocacy sites have been free of regulation in a bid to boost voter participation in politics. Only Internet videos that are placed for a fee on websites, such as the Washington Examiner, are regulated just like normal TV ads.

Ravel’s statement suggests that she would regulate right-leaning groups like America Risingthat posts anti-Democrat YouTube videos on its website.

FEC Chairman Lee E. Goodman, a Republican, said if regulation extends that far, then anybody who writes a political blog, runs a politically active news site or even chat room could be regulated. He added that funny internet campaigns like “Obama Girl,” and “Jib Jab” would also face regulations.

“I told you this was coming,” he told Secrets. Earlier this year he warned that Democrats on the panel were gunning for conservative Internet sites like the Drudge Report.

Change the channel from MSNBC and you will eliminate a lot of all of the above.

"Dems on FEC move to regulate Internet campaigns, blogs, Drudge"

And here is the lie.

The FEC is not 'moving' to regulate anything of the sort.

Who's lying? That would be YOU!

Ravel plans to hold meetings next year to discuss regulating the internet. She charged that groups placing paid TV ads use the FEC exemption to disseminate similar messages on the internet, regulation free. But Goodman says that Ravel misconceives the exemption. If the same message that is run on TV also is posted online, it is regulated, he said. The Internet exemption applies only to videos posted for free, solely on the Internet.

YOU were saying????????????

"Dems on FEC move to regulate Internet campaigns, blogs, Drudge"

And here is the lie.

The FEC is not 'moving' to regulate anything of the sort.

That's not what the story is saying.

It says "Democratic FEC Vice Chair Ann M. Ravel announced plans to begin the process to win regulations on Internet-based campaigns and videos, currently free from most of the FEC’s rules. 'A reexamination of the commission’s approach to the internet and other emerging technologies is long over due,' she said".

Straw man.

It's a straw man beause Democrats plan to begin the process???

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Once upon a time they "began the process" for Obamacare.

That's what liberals do. They "begin the process" and they don't quit until it becomes a reality.

If the American people raise a stink and they draw back. (Like with Hillary care). They just wait a while and begin again.

Who has the straw man?

Fucking Nazi

I also served during the Vietnam WAR! Korea was called a conflict, Vietnam was called a war according to all of the Veterans that I know. And, thanks for your service.

Fucking Nazi

Adolf Hitler served with honor in WWII.

So what!

You still think like a little fascist.

Change the channel from MSNBC and you will eliminate a lot of all of the above.

AH, but that's what liberals are trying to stop. They don't want you to have an alternative to their lying propaganda.

They are trying to stop there being another channel or source of information to change to.

In other words, you want to repeal the First Amendment. The last thing we need is the government deciding what truth is. That's how a police state operates, not a free country.

You're fascist to the bone.

In other words, you want to repeal the First Amendment. The last thing we need is the government deciding what truth is. That's how a police state operates, not a free country.

You're fascist to the bone.

That's what modern liberalism is. Fascism on steroids.

Fucking Nazi

Honest to God don't give a single fuck about your service.

You talk, think and act like a fucking Nazi

Last edited:

Forum List

Back