What exactly is the Tea Party platform anyway?

Apart from universal mistrust and fear of brown skinned presidents that is?

From my viewpoint there is only one platform and that is:

Elect as many Republicans as possible.

Immie

Which is fine. I just wish the TPers would stop telling us that they are a "nonpartisan, grassroots organization". It's bullshit.

Fine?

That is like saying that the Republicans are better than the Democrats which is not true. If I wanted to find any politician the first place I would look is underneath the seat in an outhouse.

Non-partisan Grassroots Organization? You are right it is bullshit.

Immie

From my viewpoint there is only one platform and that is:

Elect as many Republicans as possible.

Immie

Which is fine. I just wish the TPers would stop telling us that they are a "nonpartisan, grassroots organization". It's bullshit.

Fine?

That is like saying that the Republicans are better than the Democrats which is not true. If I wanted to find any politician the first place I would look is underneath the seat in an outhouse.

Non-partisan Grassroots Organization? You are right it is bullshit.

Immie

I mean it's fine in the sense that people should advocate for causes they support, even if others disagree with that.

What I object to is the dishonest way in which they try to portray their movement. It's just silly to say this is a "grass roots movement". Those of us who disputed that from the beginning were excoriated by the teaparty supporters on here.

Now, lo and behold, we were right. I suspect we are right about several other things too, to include the fact that this movement is being funded an propelled by special interests.

"What do we want? Something! When do we want it? NOW!"

That pretty much sums it all up. They have no idea why they are there and if they did, where were they during Bush's spending spree's?

When they say "lets take back our country"...really. Take it back? Back to what, the administration that almost ran us into another depression? These people are amazing to me.
Does the tea party actually believe in a free market? Or a market full of corporate monopolies without any kind of regulation. :eusa_shhh:

But overall I am more radical than the tea party, and that means voluntary taxation, tax cuts for all areas of society, banning of corporate monopolies, banning of advertising (to increase freedom of choice), putting any social welfare in the hands of non-government non for profit organizations like the red cross, and making the government small and efficient. Okay enough mumbling from me.... a world without poverty, low prices for goods and services, and low tax for everyone is a fantasy.

Well more coffee to bring me back to reality then. :doubt:

I don't think the Tea Party knows what it wants. It's basically a collection of angry conservatives who are pissed off about a plethora of things.

mostly it is a tool to force the Republican party back to its roots.

Forum List

Back