What does this mean

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
screenshot_709.png

The number in green there, can anyone tell me what it means?

Same here....can't be my IQ because it's twice that....very mysterious.
shakehead.gif

some type of code .................? USMB doesn't want us to know about

I think it means one gets 140 Trophy Points for posting in one's profile....or not.

I see the same thing.

I deleted the stupid shit I said ......(thanks kat)
(g'head...run wit it....I know )

It has to do with the characters remaining in the text entry box above, but above, it's just a programming error that was probably introduced at the last update.

Here's where it comes from....

Code:
<div class="submitUnit">
                                <span id="statusEditorCounter" title="Characters remaining" class="statusEditorCounter">140</span>
                                <input class="button primary" value="Post" accesskey="s" type="submit">
                                <input name="_xfToken" value="44032,1545687195,8eb21fa47f97fe23b45ae6afb08b8d9e70e80775" type="hidden">
                            </div>

I've worked in IT for most of my life....now...would you like me to tell you how to locate ANYONE on this forum and even tell what computer they're using, what browser and the current temperature setting on their thermostat (tip of the iceberg)? ;)

Last edited:
It's a mistake in the programming of the template for that particular page.
There is no reason for it to be there.

It has to do with the characters remaining in the text entry box above, but above, it's just a programming error that was probably introduced at the last update.

Code:
<div class="submitUnit">
                                <span id="statusEditorCounter" title="Characters remaining" class="statusEditorCounter">140</span>
                                <input name="_xfToken" value="44032,1545687195,8eb21fa47f97fe23b45ae6afb08b8d9e70e80775" type="hidden">
                            </div>

Now aren't you the Smart Smarty Smarty Pants!

Thanks - that makes perfect sense.

It's a mistake in the programming of the template for that particular page.
There is no reason for it to be there.

Code:
<div class="submitUnit">
                            </div>

I've worked in IT for most of my life....now...would you like me to tell you how to locate ANYONE on this forum and even tell what computer they're using, what browser and the current temperature setting on their thermostat (tip of the iceberg)? ;)
I am sitting in front of my computer in Florida stark ass naked. If anyone wants to see, beware, I make Medusa look beautiful...

Did you know that Medusa was a US citizen>

Just look at her name..

1-jpg.png

Characters remaining. Meaning we can put 140 characters in a Profile post.

Really isn't a mistake. Type in a few words and watch it go down.

Characters remaining. Meaning we can put 140 characters in a Profile post.

Really isn't a mistake. Type in a few words and watch it go down.

Correct.
I missed the Javascript Class attached to it...or didn't care enough to look that hard
statusEditorCounter....duh
On the server side page, that "140" is a variable

But like bonz said......o_O

Last edited:
I deleted the stupid shit I said ......(thanks kat)
(g'head...run wit it....I know )

Code:
<div class="submitUnit">
                            </div>

You get the super sleuth award. Probably a good feature for ANY text entry box IMO... Don't know how many times I write notes in mod dialogue boxes and have to back up to compress them to fit.

I'll have to see if it actually decrements.. Can you tell me where I left my coffee cup now??

Forum List

Back