What Does This Mean??

Obama : "If they bring a knife, we'll bring a gun."

What does this mean? Sounds very ominous and threatening. And I'm NOT wrong.

It means Obama doesn't play fair.

The Constitution is not your best friend today is it?

The point is that the total electoral vote in the United States is irrelevant to the election of the President.....Did you miss class that day?

Nobody was talking about the TOTAL popular vote, but even that is not "irrelevant." It's just your fantasy based effort to engage in meaningless spin.

The total ELECTORAL vote is the vote of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE, dufus.

I am sure you MEANT to address the total POPULAR vote, but even that is not irrelevant, stupid. It is derived from the popular vote of each state. And it plays a very big part in how much "mandate" a President might feel the willingness to claim.

Too bad you pontificate so heartily about the Constitution but still don't understand it even one tiny bit.

The Constitution just isn't your bag is it?

Actually, unlike you, I revere the Constitution. And unlike you, I actually understand what it is meant to accomplish.

It is now clear why you think everything Obama does is unconstitutional......you clearly have no clue what is in it.

I have already refuted that lie of yours, stupid. Repeating your dopey lies is not exactly persuasive "argument," stupid.

In terms of winning the presidency, the total popular vote is irrelevant.....Didn't George Bush already prove that? What wins the Presidency is the Electoral vote...

You are repeating your irrelevant pointless for no reason since it had no purpose the first time you spewed your vapidity. Again, retard, we ALL already know tht the Electoral College elects our Presidents. We also ALL already know that the Electors are chosen by the Majority of the popular vote PER STATE. Beyond that of course, it is you who remains blithely ignorant of the import of the popular vote.

Let me help you out here Liability, here is a copy of the Constitution

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Read it tonight and we can talk tomorrow

I don't need it. Unlike you, I am already conversant with it, I already HAVE a copy of it and unlike you, as I noted, I actually understand it, value it and appreciate it.

I'm afraid you remain uneducably mentally retarded, though, so nothing will help you "get" it. Ever.

"I have a message from the Tea Party that is loud and clear and doesn't mince words: We've come to take our government back."

-- Kentucky GOP Senate nominee Rand Paul

To me that sounds very ominous and threatening. Am I wrong??

It sounds like the usual campaign jargon, but I think there is a legitimate question here:

Does Rand Paul speak for the "Tea Party" movement, and if so what is their message?

I mean the people in the "Tea Party" can only carry out this "decentralized, citizen's movement" bit so far. Eventually they need a coherent message and platform or they are going to fizzle.

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Lincoln said that at Gettysburg. FYI for the morons.

So you copied and pasted this. Big deal. For what purpose??

Thanks for the reasonable answer.

Too bad you're not reasonable enough to figure it out for yourself.

Don't be jealous because someone else gave a decent answer and you didn't. That was your own choice, dummy. And I just wanted to see what other people thought, that's all. I wasn't trying to figure out anything. You're such an A hole.

You mean a decent answer in your opinion about which I care not?

And you the title to your thread was

What Does this mean? not what do you think.

Once again you libby idiots need your opinions spoon fed to you because you are simply incapable of forming your own.

So sorry my dear friend..

The Electoral College is the only vote that IS relevant in a Presidential election

I have a copy of the Constitution I can send you that will help explain it

Then why did you post the actual number of votes earlier?

More proof that Tea Baggers can't count.....Obama had 8.5 million more votes than McCain and they claim it is a "bare majority". Yet Bush had fewer votes than Gore and they claimed it was a mandate

What can you expect? Its the same group that looks at acrowd of 85,000 protesters and claims it is 1.5 million

Surely if you believe the EC vote was the only vote that mattered, you would have led with that and not changed your argument midstream.

"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate -- we can not consecrate -- we can not hallow -- this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

Let's see. FYI is an acronym for 'For Your Information'. So, it was for your (one of the morons) information. That was the purpose, as I said, "FYI for the morons". And, as you are one of the morons, I even bolded the most important part because it relates to your question in the OP about statements of the sort being "ominous and threatening".

*Did I just have to explain that? Really? Did I? Apparently so. OMG*

Unbelievable. You give truthmatters a run for her money. Often times, you surpass her. Like here.

Idiot.

Last edited:
Nobody was talking about the TOTAL popular vote, but even that is not "irrelevant." It's just your fantasy based effort to engage in meaningless spin.

The total ELECTORAL vote is the vote of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE, dufus.

I am sure you MEANT to address the total POPULAR vote, but even that is not irrelevant, stupid. It is derived from the popular vote of each state. And it plays a very big part in how much "mandate" a President might feel the willingness to claim.

Too bad you pontificate so heartily about the Constitution but still don't understand it even one tiny bit.

Actually, unlike you, I revere the Constitution. And unlike you, I actually understand what it is meant to accomplish.

I have already refuted that lie of yours, stupid. Repeating your dopey lies is not exactly persuasive "argument," stupid.

In terms of winning the presidency, the total popular vote is irrelevant.....Didn't George Bush already prove that? What wins the Presidency is the Electoral vote...

You are repeating your irrelevant pointless for no reason since it had no purpose the first time you spewed your vapidity. Again, retard, we ALL already know tht the Electoral College elects our Presidents. We also ALL already know that the Electors are chosen by the Majority of the popular vote PER STATE. Beyond that of course, it is you who remains blithely ignorant of the import of the popular vote.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I don't need it. Unlike you, I am already conversant with it, I already HAVE a copy of it and unlike you, as I noted, I actually understand it, value it and appreciate it.

I'm afraid you remain uneducably mentally retarded, though, so nothing will help you "get" it. Ever.

OK Liability...

Have you had a chance to actually READ the Constitution?

Do you understand the part about the role of the Supreme Court now?

Do you understand about how a President gets elected?

Glad I could help you

OK Liability...

Glad I could help you

And you still haven't answered my question.

OK Liability...

Glad I could help you
You can't help since you remain too woefully and determinedly ignorant to offer anything of value in this discussion.

For example, you ignorant bombastic blathering blithering moron, feel obligated to quote the Constitutional provision that gives to the SCOTUS the power claimed by the Court in Marbury v. Madison.

(For the benefit of anybody else reading leftwingshitflinger's bullshit, this part could prove entertaining. It is like nailing his foot to the floor and watching him hobble around in a circle.)

What's wrong, you have no answer??? Guess that's why you just sent me a neg rep for this. Guess I burned your buns, didn't I??? Loser. :lol:

"I have a message from the Tea Party that is loud and clear and doesn't mince words: We've come to take our government back."

-- Kentucky GOP Senate nominee Rand Paul

To me that sounds very ominous and threatening. Am I wrong??

It sounds like an overreach from an Alinsky lite...........

What's wrong, you have no answer??? Guess that's why you just sent me a neg rep for this. Guess I burned your buns, didn't I??? Loser. :lol:

Guess again.

Let's see. FYI is an acronym for 'For Your Information'. So, it was for your (one of the morons) information. That was the purpose, as I said, "FYI for the morons". And, as you are one of the morons, I even bolded the most important part because it relates to your question in the OP about statements of the sort being "ominous and threatening".

*Did I just have to explain that? Really? Did I? Apparently so. OMG*

Unbelievable. You give truthmatters a run for her money. Often times, you surpass her. Like here.

Idiot.

Damn. Just da-yum.

When you feel like patting yourself on your back during your drooling, make sure raw egg is not in your palm.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back