What Does This Mean??

Rinata,
Taking our country back means - a government by the people for the people. Not government
for the government and by the government. They are not listening to the people any more. Only the lobbists. We need to get Dems and Repups elected that will pass laws to get the money out of the hands of lobbists. Lobbists can lobby but not with money any more.

Did you miss the entire 2008 election?

We elected representatives to fix healthcare, repair a fractured economy, get us out of Iraq....all these things were covered in the Democratic Party platform which won by a landslide

Government "by the people" does not mean you change course based on every Rassmussen Poll

Unequivocally wrong... this was not a 66.67 - 33.33 election

You are unequivocally wrong

Obama 365
McCain 173

Over a 2:1 margin and a landslide

Irrelevant.

Nobody is disputing the margin of the win in the ELECTORAL College, ya self-serving and fundamentally dishonest retard.

The POINT is that the POPULAR vote wasn't even roughly akin to the ultimate electoral college vote.

The actual popular vote resulted in a fucking narrow margin.

And all of your silly efforts to spin it cannot alter that fact.

So sorry my dear friend..

The Electoral College is the only vote that IS relevant in a Presidential election

I have a copy of the Constitution I can send you that will help explain it

Obama defeated McCain by an overwhelming 2:1 majority. The election was over by 9 PM when the polls closed

Obama 365
McCain 173

Well.. considering you mention popular vote when it suits you in the Gore/Bush election... and use popular vote to justify Bush 'stealing' an election... and your propensity for polls... and also knowing that the popular vote was indeed being referred to by posters earlier in the thread.... and popularity rating based on % was mentioned in the thread... we figured you were going in pattern... then again, we forgot your other pattern that you will try and twist to whatever portion fits your agenda and portray it as the big picture

Rinata,
Taking our country back means - a government by the people for the people. Not government
for the government and by the government. They are not listening to the people any more. Only the lobbists. We need to get Dems and Repups elected that will pass laws to get the money out of the hands of lobbists. Lobbists can lobby but not with money any more.

We elected representatives to fix healthcare, repair a fractured economy, get us out of Iraq....all these things were covered in the Democratic Party platform which won by a landslide

Government "by the people" does not mean you change course based on every Rassmussen Poll

LOL!

What a tool you are.

Fix health care? :cuckoo: The idiots we have in this Administration and their enablers in Congress took a slightly dysfunctional health care "system" (it's not really a system) and fucked it up royally.

They haven't fixed a fractured economy, either. They have made the problem all but insurmountable.

And for those keeping score at home, we are still VERY MUCH in Iraq.

The Democrat Parody won by a narrow margin although they clearly DID win the majority. What they cannot do after getting a majority is actually perform responsibly in office.

They will be turned out in huge numbers come November for a wide variety of reasons. Underpinning those reasons is a common denominator. They suck.

Obama 365
McCain 173

Well.. considering you mention popular vote when it suits you in the Gore/Bush election... and use popular vote to justify Bush 'stealing' an election... and your propensity for polls... and also knowing that the popular vote was indeed being referred to by posters earlier in the thread.... and popularity rating based on % was mentioned in the thread... we figured you were going in pattern... then again, we forgot your other pattern that you will try and twist to whatever portion fits your agenda and portray it as the big picture

Not me pal....

I am a firm believer in the US Constitution and the US Constitution says we elect Presidents by the Electoral College. The popular vote is irrelevant

Rinata,

LOL!

What a tool you are.

Fix health care? :cuckoo: The idiots we have in this Administration and their enablers in Congress took a slightly dysfunctional health care "system" (it's not really a system) and fucked it up royally.

They haven't fixed a fractured economy, either. They have made the problem all but insurmountable.

The Democrat Parody won by a narrow margin although they clearly DID win the majority. What they cannot do after getting a majority is actually perform responsibly in office.

They will be turned out in huge numbers come November for a wide variety of reasons. Underpinning those reasons is a common denominator. They suck.

Must I get out my Constitution again?

The US is a Democratic Republic which means we elect representatives to make those decisions.

I am so sorry that Representatives with your opinions were soundly defeated.

better luck next time

Obama 365
McCain 173

Not me pal....

I am a firm believer in the US Constitution and the US Constitution says we elect Presidents by the Electoral College. The popular vote is irrelevant

Leftwingshitflinger's ignorance on full display.

That moron cannot even grasp that the ELECTORS in the ELECTORAL COLLEGE get there by being ELECTED, themselves, to those spots BY THE POPULAR VOTE.

"Irrelevant?" :cuckoo: Leftwingshitflinger is a moron. :lol:

Not me pal....

That moron cannot even grasp that the ELECTORS in the ELECTORAL COLLEGE get there by being ELECTED, themselves, to those spots BY THE POPULAR VOTE.

The Constitution is not your best friend today is it?

The point is that the total electoral vote in the United States is irrelevant to the election of the President.....Did you miss class that day?

LOL!

What a tool you are.

Must I get out my Constitution again?

The US is a Democratic Republic which means we elect representatives to make those decisions.

I am so sorry that Representatives with your opinions were soundly defeated.

better luck next time

It's actually a pity that you don't understand the Constitution.

We DO in fact elect REPRESENTATIVES, you moron, but we elect them to perform their tasks within very carefully delineated LIMITS.

You see, you moron, ours is NOT actually a "Democratic Republic," per se. It is a Representative CONSTITUTIONAL Republic. The word "Constitutional" is not merely an inconvenient but irrelevant adjective, despite your fond hopes and fervent wishes. It is the CONSTITUTION, you moron, that IMPOSES the valid limits on WHAT the representatives are authorized to do.

Please tell your idiot friends in the odious liberal Democrat Parody a little bit about these not exactly novel concepts. Clearly, it will be news to them just as it is news to you. It shouldn't be, but your folks also ruined public education, so there ya go.

"I have a message from the Tea Party that is loud and clear and doesn't mince words: We've come to take our government back."

-- Kentucky GOP Senate nominee Rand Paul

To me that sounds very ominous and threatening. Am I wrong??

No, you aren't wrong. I'm a proud Tea Party supporter. The government officials should feel politically threatened, as we are going to take the gov't back. Not violently. Remember, all acts of violence thus far the last year have been from the left or jihadists. And SEIU's latest mobs going house to house threatening private bankers.

You should read up on the history of the Don't Tread On Me flag. There is a reason we fly it. Leave us alone. Stop trying to take more of our money for your liberal feel good projects. Read up on it.

Not me pal....

The Constitution is not your best friend today is it?

The point is that the total electoral vote in the United States is irrelevant to the election of the President.....Did you miss class that day?

Nobody was talking about the TOTAL popular vote, but even that is not "irrelevant." It's just your fantasy based effort to engage in meaningless spin.

The total ELECTORAL vote is the vote of the ELECTORAL COLLEGE, dufus.

I am sure you MEANT to address the total POPULAR vote, but even that is not irrelevant, stupid. It is derived from the popular vote of each state. And it plays a very big part in how much "mandate" a President might feel the willingness to claim.

Too bad you pontificate so heartily about the Constitution but still don't understand it even one tiny bit.

The present government was lawfully elected by the American people....what is he talking about?

The present government is acting in violation of our Constitution and in violation of their oaths to comply with the Constitution.

It is crystal clear what he is talking about.

We want OUR government back, meaning the limited one permitted by the Constitution.

This isn't even tough stuff, ya dipsticks.

Can you be specific?? And who has validated that fact?? Or is this just your opinion because you hate Obama???

"I have a message from the Tea Party that is loud and clear and doesn't mince words: We've come to take our government back."

-- Kentucky GOP Senate nominee Rand Paul

To me that sounds very ominous and threatening. Am I wrong??

I don't know. Are you one of the elitist, corrup minority who have hijacked the government? If you aren't, you shouldn't feel threatened.

If you are, I'd take it as due warning that you won't be in power very long.

The present government was lawfully elected by the American people....what is he talking about?

The present government is acting in violation of our Constitution and in violation of their oaths to comply with the Constitution.

It is crystal clear what he is talking about.

We want OUR government back, meaning the limited one permitted by the Constitution.

This isn't even tough stuff, ya dipsticks.

Can you be specific?? And who has validated that fact?? Or is this just your opinion because you hate Obama???

That is specific, nutcase.
And anyone who loves the US hates Obama. If you love Obama, you hate the US. If you fear the people when they say they will no longer be ruled over by a corrupt government, and intend to take the reins back, then you are an enemy of the people.

Obama 365
McCain 173

Irrelevant.

Nobody is disputing the margin of the win in the ELECTORAL College, ya self-serving and fundamentally dishonest retard.

The POINT is that the POPULAR vote wasn't even roughly akin to the ultimate electoral college vote.

The actual popular vote resulted in a fucking narrow margin.

And all of your silly efforts to spin it cannot alter that fact.

So sorry my dear friend..

The Electoral College is the only vote that IS relevant in a Presidential election

I have a copy of the Constitution I can send you that will help explain it

Then why did you post the actual number of votes earlier?

More proof that Tea Baggers can't count.....Obama had 8.5 million more votes than McCain and they claim it is a "bare majority". Yet Bush had fewer votes than Gore and they claimed it was a mandate

What can you expect? Its the same group that looks at acrowd of 85,000 protesters and claims it is 1.5 million

Surely if you believe the EC vote was the only vote that mattered, you would have led with that and not changed your argument midstream.

Last edited:
It means that the people in opposition to the present regime are planning to win numerous elections and "kick the bums" out of office.

The bums being the Democrats, of course.

The only violence I see coming to to election ballots! Right where the box next to Rand Paul's name is!

It is starting to look grim--Where are the jobs?

Thanks for the reasonable answer.

It means that the people in opposition to the present regime are planning to win numerous elections and "kick the bums" out of office.

The only violence I see coming to to election ballots! Right where the box next to Rand Paul's name is!

Too bad you're not reasonable enough to figure it out for yourself.

Too bad you're not reasonable enough to figure it out for yourself.

Don't be jealous because someone else gave a decent answer and you didn't. That was your own choice, dummy. And I just wanted to see what other people thought, that's all. I wasn't trying to figure out anything. You're such an A hole.

Agreed...it would be funny if not for the fact that they take themselves seriously

The idea the government stopped evolving once the Constitution was ratified. The idea that if the founding fathers did not envision it......it cannot be done.

The first President rode around in a horse and buggy....current Presidents use Air Force One

That is the same level of advancement that running a government today compares to running a government in the 18th century

it's funnier how you think that just because a bare majority elected some asshole that people can't voice dissatisfaction or criticism of said asshole.

More proof that Tea Baggers can't count.....Obama had 8.5 million more votes than McCain and they claim it is a "bare majority". Yet Bush had fewer votes than Gore and they claimed it was a mandate

What can you expect? Its the same group that looks at acrowd of 85,000 protesters and claims it is 1.5 million

Poor Skull Pilot. You've just been made to look like the idiot you are.

Forum List

Back