What Does This Country Look Like In 20 Years?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

Not talking about the size & scope of government or health care or demographics.

I'm talking about the seething hatred that I can damn near FEEL oozing from my computer screen when left wingers and right wingers post to each other (and to me sometimes, but I'm a big boy, so that's okay).

The worrisome thing is that I'm seeing more and more of this in real life, not just on this board. This type of raw anger is becoming more and more a part of our culture. How can anyone so lucky to live in America be so damn angry all the time?

For those of you who regularly post this way, what are you trying to accomplish? Seriously. Does it make you feel better somehow?

And how much worse can this get? Regular violence? That kinda seems like the next logical step.

We're angry because we know the left is destroying this country.

Name names, please. Who are you talking about?

We're angry because we know the left is destroying this country.

Do you think it's possible that we'll see regular violence?

N

Maybe. You really don't have great change without violence.

We'd have never had a labor movement and a middle class without the labor riots of the late 19th century.

We'd have never had a civil rights movement without the riots of the 1960's.

Violence might not be the ideal solution, but sometimes it happens.

Reality, most Americans are too fat and lazy to get up from behind their TV's and Computers. So you're probably safe.

I read somewhere that political differences are more important in families than other issues including religion. A young teacher I know reports that her brother and her sister will not be coming to Thanksgiving dinner because of the lefty and TPM split. Sad.

Meh,not to worry about it. The reason you notice the violence is because it's still unusual. Humans notice things out of place, not the regular or mundane. If violence were regular...you wouldn't notice it.

As for the board, in my thread about how people would behave when the world supposedly ends...you saw the backtracking from the type of "I'll tell them to go fuck themselves" nonsense.

There is a reason they are on the board...they're chicken.

It may just be my imagination (relatively high microbrew and single-malt scotch intake may cause delirium over time, who knows), but it seems to me that people I meet nowadays are far more quick to anger than they used to be. When I meet with new and prospective clients, politics often finds its way into the conversation because it ultimately effects a family's finances. And holy shit, I hear some stuff that rivals what I see here, and what I see the pundits saying on teevee and the radio.

The postings here, of course, are rooted in the fact that anonymity provides great protection. It just seems to me that the nasty stuff I see here and the stuff I hear in real life are getting a wee bit closer.

It may just be my imagination (relatively high microbrew and single-malt scotch intake may cause delirium over time, who knows), but it seems to me that people I meet nowadays are far more quick to anger than they used to be. When I meet with new and prospective clients, politics often finds its way into the conversation because it ultimately effects a family's finances. And holy shit, I hear some stuff that rivals what I see here, and what I see the pundits saying on teevee and the radio.

The postings here, of course, are rooted in the fact that anonymity provides great protection. It just seems to me that the nasty stuff I see here and the stuff I hear in real life are getting a wee bit closer.

My view. If you aren't angry, you haven't been paying attention. People SHOULD be angry. and, yes, while it is too easy to blame Bush or Obama, the fact is, for a lot of us it is a struggle, and it shouldn't be, this being the "greatest country in the world" and all.

After the Mexican take over, the US should look something like this:

United_States_1800-07-04-1800-07-10.png

Some people take this stuff personally

My opinion is that nothing has changed except access to information. I have been posting on the INTERNET pretty much since its beginning and the vitriol rhetoric that I see has been a mainstay all that time. Actually this board is fairly tame in comparison to some that I posted on.

I think that the frustration you are seeing I will illustrate with one of my poor analogies. We the people see us as on a run away train and the end of the track is coming and there is nothing we can do. The conductor doesn't seem to care or is able to do anything about it. So naturally people are scared. I just read that banks are closing offices at a record pace. Which will enhance their profit but not do much for the country.

I see it being a country of sheep/subjects under the control of this Federal Government aka, your new masters

Meh,not to worry about it. The reason you notice the violence is because it's still unusual. Humans notice things out of place, not the regular or mundane. If violence were regular...you wouldn't notice it.

As for the board, in my thread about how people would behave when the world supposedly ends...you saw the backtracking from the type of "I'll tell them to go fuck themselves" nonsense.

There is a reason they are on the board...they're chicken.

Really, after reading your posts I really have to wonder if this statement is not the ultimate in projection.

In 20 years liberals and liberalism will have been defeated, their ilk sent packing and America will be stronger than ever under conservative leadership! Its simply a matter of time and math.

The United States will complete its breakup. Disintegration is already in progress and can't be stopped.

What this country looks like in 20 years depends on whether or not we use the presidency as an incubator for minority neophytes, over the hill failed women, gay losers, and men sans balls. That eliminates most politicians.

Last edited:
Freewill makes a good point that access to information, and I will add the almost instantaneous communications today, highlights the hatred.

The good thing is that this system allows cultural illness, such as the far left and the far right, to surface more quickly, to be lanced politically, and drained in a cycle or two instead of several.

It isolates extremists, such as the TPM, much more quickly.

Freewill makes a good point that access to information, and I will add the almost instantaneous communications today, highlights the hatred.

The good thing is that this system allows cultural illness, such as the far left and the far right, to surface more quickly, to be lanced politically, and drained in a cycle or two instead of several.

It isolates extremists, such as the TPM, much more quickly.
It allows cultural cancers to be sold to young people as quick cures for centuries old beliefs that form the foundation of this great country.

Certainly there are some that would like a few of the old negative ways sold to the future.

Forum List

Back