What does the Democratic party stand for?? Give your answers!

At some point the Democrats will have to offer the American lower and middle classes something other than future illegal voters to take their places, cop killers, MS-13, Mexican drug cartels bringing tons of drugs across our border, illegal felons in sanctuary cities killing people, and supporting terrorists coming here without President Trump's travel ban! :auiqs.jpg: :lol:

Just what is the Democratic party offering the average Joe American voter other then totally selling America out to illegals and "we hate Trump"?

Somebody sent me the above message & I thought it was pretty hilarious but VERY accurate! What would you say the Democratic party stands for??
The Dems, though misguided and much too partisan/political, do stand for some good things. Equality, education, the environment, fair treatment, opportunity and care for the disadvantaged, being some of their pillars. I don’t think either party is doing a stand up job, but I sure hope they both figure out a way to grow up and work together. Would sure be nice if we had a leader who could inspire and unite.
He's trying, but you have to have both sides willing to compromise.

And the Dems claim Equality, education, the environment, fair treatment, opportunity and care for the disadvantaged is what is nost important because that is their base...the ignorant, pro BLM and pro illegals are their base.
Come on man, Trump isn’t trying to unite. He is the most divisive presidents that I’ve ever seen with his petty schoolyard banter. And what in the world makes you think that 60+ million democratic voters care most about BLM and illegals? I promise you there are more pressing issues higher up on their priority list
Yeah, feminism, abortions, free birth control, free phones, $10 an illegal vote...so much more.
Wow, you really are a simple thinker aren’t ya? It’s up to you whether you want to have an honest understanding of the different ideologies or if you want to fool yourself by dwelling on these partisan narratives. I just don’t see the point

I consider myself a Dem and liberal (although neither label fits perfectly), so here's what *I* think the party stands for:
  • Abortion is legal so it should be available.
  • Corporations need regulations and laws to keep them treating customers and non-management employees safely and fairly.
  • Gerrymandering is bad when done by Republicans :)
  • The government is not automatically bad and can help the poor and marginalized.
  • Homosexuality is not wrong, and the gov't shouldn't prevent two adults from marrying.
  • Racism is still a big problem in our culture.
  • Individuals have the right to decide their gender.
  • Voting should be easy and free.
  • College costs are out of control and should be lowered.
  • Taxation should be used to pay for needed gov't services.
  • Addiction should be treated as a health crisis, not a crime.
  • The US should work with our allies to fight terrorism and instability.
  • Legalize weed.
  • Allow Dreamers to stay in the country.
There are more, of course, but these should answer the OP's question.

What any of us "stands for" is not defined by what others say about us, but by what we say about ourselves. Moreover, even if one can by the schism between their attestations and actions show soundly/cogently those others do not in fact "stand for" what they say they do, that one can so show does not give one due cause to assert what those others yet do "stand for." Such a demonstration allows one to say only what those others do not "stand for," despite their attestations to the contrary.

Yes and Hitler stood for peace and prosperity, Stalin for freedom and equality.

This is how out of touch the guys are.

At some point the Democrats will have to offer the American lower and middle classes something other than future illegal voters to take their places, cop killers, MS-13, Mexican drug cartels bringing tons of drugs across our border, illegal felons in sanctuary cities killing people, and supporting terrorists coming here without President Trump's travel ban! :auiqs.jpg: :lol:

Just what is the Democratic party offering the average Joe American voter other then totally selling America out to illegals and "we hate Trump"?

Somebody sent me the above message & I thought it was pretty hilarious but VERY accurate! What would you say the Democratic party stands for??
Camelot Dung

Spoiled-putrid preppies who believe they inherited superior genes and have evolved into a separate race that is both morally and intellectually superior to the Whites who didn't win at Sperm Bingo. Their fathers brainwashed them about their princeliness, which they keep believing in even after starting to hate their fathers for spending too much time out making money and neglecting parenting. Limousine Liberals don't really know much or care much about the misfit groups they sponsor; all that social-justice fantasy is a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

What does the Democratic party stand for?

Same answer as always, same thing any political party stands for any time --- consolidating political power. What that means ideologically depends on what sells in that time and place, and shifts with that wind. It is impossible for a political party to pick an ideology and stay there as a unit, at least in this country. It's way too big a stage -- requiring a hydraheaded rhetoric that attempts to tell multiple interest groups what each wants to hear, ultimately satisfying none of them; the extreme example being the first half of the last century when the DP simultaneously engaged the conservative South and the liberal North.

Of course, the general public also gravitates to a political party, if they do, for pragmatic reasons rather than ideological ones. The sheriff in my town ran for and won his last election as a Republican; the election before that he ran and won as a Democrat. Same guy, same office. It's just a matter of which local organization works more efficiently for that election in that year. Frank Rizzo and Ray Nagin ran for mayor as Democrats for the same reason --- the Republican machine in those times and places would not have delivered. Westboro Batshit patriarch Fred Phelps was a Democrat. Trent Lott, Richard Shelby, Jesse Helms, Arlen Specter, David Duke, Joe McCarthy, Jim Justice and Strom Thurmond have been both Democrats and Republicans depending on the time and place. Zell MIller and Billy Graham are Democrats to this day, and that has more to do with personal tradition. So the idea that a political party stands for some kind of ideology is roundly met with myriad examples to the contrary.

Lotta people on this forum need to catch up, as the general public has, to the realization that a political party does not mean some sort of "character" or "ideology". It means an organizational structure to amass power so that it can multiply that power as a bloc. That's the only function it has as a constant. And to that end it will entertain any ideology or policy that works.

It's basically the same as the question, if I'm driving from Minneapolis to Philadelphia, do I take the Toyota or the Ford? Either car will get you there but perhaps one is in better shape or more comfortable, and ultimately you get there because you drove there, not because you drove a Toyota.

And let us add, the OP is one of a never ending list of threads everywhere online that is a scaffolding to create a strawman built by the alt-right to paint their opposition anyway they see fit.

It isn't about reality. The OP itself is part of the cult of lying-politics. Or as an orange turd would say FAKE NEWS.

I'll tell you what it doesn't stand for....THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!

LOL..it stands for ILLEGAL aliens, welfare addicted blacks, drug dealers, anarchists, rioters, TERRORIST sympathizers, & the LGTBQHJKLYO community! :laughing0301: :laugh:

Same answer as always, same thing any political party stands for any time --- consolidating political power. What that means ideologically depends on what sells in that time and place, and shifts with that wind. It is impossible for a political party to pick an ideology and stay there as a unit, at least in this country. It's way too big a stage -- requiring a hydraheaded rhetoric that attempts to tell multiple interest groups what each wants to hear, ultimately satisfying none of them; the extreme example being the first half of the last century when the DP simultaneously engaged the conservative South and the liberal North.

Of course, the general public also gravitates to a political party, if they do, for pragmatic reasons rather than ideological ones. The sheriff in my town ran for and won his last election as a Republican; the election before that he ran and won as a Democrat. Same guy, same office. It's just a matter of which local organization works more efficiently for that election in that year. Frank Rizzo and Ray Nagin ran for mayor as Democrats for the same reason --- the Republican machine in those times and places would not have delivered. Westboro Batshit patriarch Fred Phelps was a Democrat. Trent Lott, Richard Shelby, Jesse Helms, Arlen Specter, David Duke, Joe McCarthy, Jim Justice and Strom Thurmond have been both Democrats and Republicans depending on the time and place. Zell MIller and Billy Graham are Democrats to this day, and that has more to do with personal tradition. So the idea that a political party stands for some kind of ideology is roundly met with myriad examples to the contrary.

Lotta people on this forum need to catch up, as the general public has, to the realization that a political party does not mean some sort of "character" or "ideology". It means an organizational structure to amass power so that it can multiply that power as a bloc. That's the only function it has as a constant. And to that end it will entertain any ideology or policy that works.

It's basically the same as the question, if I'm driving from Minneapolis to Philadelphia, do I take the Toyota or the Ford? Either car will get you there but perhaps one is in better shape or more comfortable, and ultimately you get there because you drove there, not because you drove a Toyota.

And let us add, the OP is one of a never ending list of threads everywhere online that is a scaffolding to create a strawman built by the alt-right to paint their opposition anyway they see fit.

It isn't about reality. The OP itself is part of the cult of lying-politics. Or as an orange turd would say FAKE NEWS.

I'm actually not familiar with the OP's legacy. But I can see by his handle that he' s named himself after fascist legislation so that does lend a clue.

The Communist Party USA no longer needs to endorse their own candidate. For the last 2 decades they just back the Democrat and why not?

I consider myself a Dem and liberal (although neither label fits perfectly), so here's what *I* think the party stands for:
  • Corporations need regulations and laws to keep them treating customers and non-management employees safely and fairly.
  • The government is not automatically bad and can help the poor and marginalized.
  • Homosexuality is not wrong, and the gov't shouldn't prevent two adults from marrying.
  • Legalize weed.

That is a good reply. I don't care much about marijuana one way or the other. I don't see how there are any current voting restrictions and it appears reasonable to have ID. It isn't a hardship, it is common sense. I see no problem with global coalitions against terrorism either. I'm not big on gay marriage or abortion, but I don't see those as top tier issues when it comes voting time. While I don't see homosexuality as wrong, I am disappointed in gay marriage. Republicans messed up by not allowing civil unions with the exact same benefits as marriage. The Democrats responded with equal pressure by forcing a change in what marriage means. I don't think the government is naturally evil, but it seems obvious it creates dependency and higher costs. Give a man a sandwich, he'll ask for another sandwich. Working people are getting roughed up trying to come with these optimum safety nets, and messing with college couldn't be a good thing for people with jobs. I'll admit, I'm flexible on all the social stuff, but I naturally lean towards promoting classic nuclear families. Messing with huge safety nets however is a problem. Creating dependency is demeaning and systemic. It cheapens life and perpetuates a problem.

I'm actually not familiar with the OP's legacy. But I can see by his handle that he' s named himself after fascist legislation so that does lend a clue.

I wasn't speaking specifically about the OP person, but the conservative mindset that does this. There are a number of fallacies that they go to again and again, the strawman one of them. The false equivalency also one of their favorites.

• Legalize weed.

Individuals have the right to decide their gender.”

You wack-jobs still don’t understand how bizarre and fucked up in the head you sound when you say this wacked out shit do you?

• Legalize weed.
Your bullet points are pointless bull.

The Communist Party USA no longer needs to endorse their own candidate. For the last 2 decades they just back the Democrat and why not?

"...I copied it from the website of the Communist Party USA. Their homepage features a headline article, "Why Vote?" This article offers the above list of Obama's achievements, prefaced by a warning:

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., and many others, died for a most precious human right, the right to vote. Now, the same racists who denied Black voters ballot rights in the 1960s are trying to keep voters from the polls in 2012.

In the old days, they called it a "poll tax." They rode at night and wore white sheets. Today, they wear expensive suits. But they still steal elections by cutting off early voting, by imposing photo ID requirements that poor voters can't afford. It's called "voter suppression."

It will take a fight to defeat these dirty tricks. Voter suppression tactics violate the letter and spirit of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Everything from sit-ins to mass rallies on state capitol steps are called for.

This is not the first time the CPUSA has officially supported Obama,..."

Read more: Articles: Obama's Communist Party Endorsement
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

The Dems, though misguided and much too partisan/political, do stand for some good things. Equality, education, the environment, fair treatment, opportunity and care for the disadvantaged, being some of their pillars. I don’t think either party is doing a stand up job, but I sure hope they both figure out a way to grow up and work together. Would sure be nice if we had a leader who could inspire and unite.

And the Dems claim Equality, education, the environment, fair treatment, opportunity and care for the disadvantaged is what is nost important because that is their base...the ignorant, pro BLM and pro illegals are their base.
Come on man, Trump isn’t trying to unite. He is the most divisive presidents that I’ve ever seen with his petty schoolyard banter. And what in the world makes you think that 60+ million democratic voters care most about BLM and illegals? I promise you there are more pressing issues higher up on their priority list

Are you KIDDING?? It's the DEMOCRATS who divide us into a ZILLION different identity groups hence the Dems play IDENTITY politics!!

What does the Democratic party stand for?? Give your answers!
Division. Focus on what makes us different and at odds with each other, rather than what unites us. Classic divide and conquer.

What does the GOP stand for?

Dog shit.

The GOP gives lip service to limited government and Constitutional preservation, but in practice, they are either do-nothings, big spending authoritarians, or Dem-lite.

We have no options.

Are you KIDDING?? It's the DEMOCRATS who divide us into a ZILLION different identity groups hence the Dems play IDENTITY politics!!
Yeah, that’s what they have stood for for decades. They stick up for minority groups and those who have been either oppressed or disparaged. They take identity politics too far at times and over politicize. The right does the same with other issues. It’s ugly on both sides and we need to demand better. We can finger point all we want but lets at least be honest about it and not try and free Trump from responsibility by saying it’s all the Dems fault. That’s not a smart or honest argument

The Democrats never talk about our American citizens...just black, women and illegals. Now how many more ways do you want to divide this country? While Trump talks to us about making our country great again and what he can do for our citizens...and by God he's doing it to the horror of the DUMB DEMS!

uh there is only a ONE PARTY,it is a corrupt two party system of demopublicans and reprocrats to fool the american sheep they think they have a choice on who gets elected and they got people like you falling for it hook,line,and sinker thinking one is corrupt but the other is not.

Forum List

Back