What does climategate really mean?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
If you guys dont know what climategate is check this link climategate - Google Search

So what does this scandal say to us?

1. It doesn't mean global warming has been debunked.
  2. It tells us that some of the scientists who claim global warming is caused by man are akin to those scientists who said Tobacco was safe.
  3. It does mean the scientists who have been pushing forward with the man-made global warming theories have been dishonest in their practices.
  4. It means that before we pass any legislation, never mind multi-trillion dollar cap and trade legislation, we should re-examine any data that wasn't destroyed or altered.
  5. It means several scientists should lose their credentials, respect, and jobs
  6. It means the peer reveiw process is not longer credible as emails have shown it was altered to not allow dissenting scientific studies.
  7. It means those that were skeptical of the science behind global warming have received some validation of their skepticism
  8. It means we should all re-examine our views
  9. It does not mean we should stop trying to reduce pollution and the consumption of foreign oil

I'm sure there are more things to add to the list, please feel free to do so. If you like or dislike something I said let me know, i put numbers in front of my statements to make this easier.

If you guys dont know what climategate is check this link climategate - Google Search

So what does this scandal say to us?

1. It doesn't mean global warming has been debunked.
  2. It tells us that some of the scientists who claim global warming is caused by man are akin to those scientists who said Tobacco was safe.
  3. It does mean the scientists who have been pushing forward with the man-made global warming theories have been dishonest in their practices.
  4. It means that before we pass any legislation, never mind multi-trillion dollar cap and trade legislation, we should re-examine any data that wasn't destroyed or altered.
  5. It means several scientists should lose their credentials, respect, and jobs
  6. It means the peer reveiw process is not longer credible as emails have shown it was altered to not allow dissenting scientific studies.
  7. It means those that were skeptical of the science behind global warming have received some validation of their skepticism
  8. It means we should all re-examine our views
  9. It does not mean we should stop trying to reduce pollution and the consumption of foreign oil

I'm sure there are more things to add to the list, please feel free to do so. If you like or dislike something I said let me know, i put numbers in front of my statements to make this easier.

Dear Diary,

So many things have changed- for the better- since we got into global warming!

I saw the pictures of happy Eskimos now living in those cute little pup tents since their igloos melted.

They are so lucky to have cook-outs and sleep-overs every night, and now the lady

Eskimos don't have to chew leather any more, since they only wear gym-shorts!

I'll give it a shot PoliticalChic

Dear Diary,

So many things have changed- for the better- since we got into global warming!

I now own beachfront property.

I'm lucky to have beach parties every weekend. we can even swim in the water as its not cold anymore.

Although i pay more taxes property I save a ton of money on my heating bills.

:)

Forum List

Back