What do you think of this idea?; can you find anything bad about it?

Considering there are so many educators diddling the kiddies it sounds like a horrible idea

Dear SassyIrishLass the way this problem gets outted is when children are taught that it isn't okay to be touched in their "bikini areas" or for adults to tell them to keep it a secret.

When the children, parents, community, students and teachers are all educated on a process for how to handle any such contact or abuse, it is less likely to go on.

What I would also add is a resource to refer to people who need help with a sexual addiction or abuse problem they can't control. When people have signs of diabetes or cancer, they are urged to get tested and get treatment.
Where is the help for someone with a drug or sex abuse/addiction issue? Do we let such people run around free until someone innocent gets hurt? Got to be a better way to identify health/safety risks and problems, and get help BEFORE damage is done.

Our children know what to do if anyone touches them, they don't need this. Maybe some children do but if a child has a stable home life they are prepared for when a pervert attempts anything

Right SassyIrishLass and this is for communities where not every kid HAS a stable home
or is free from any kind of perverted abuse, incest, rape, etc. going on.

Not every kid has what you describe.

There is nothing wrong with a community based program.
Just having that will out any abuse issues because the parents/families themselves
would be involved in creating it in order for it to work effectively by shared voluntary participation.

Our children know what to do if anyone touches them, they don't need this. Maybe some children do but if a child has a stable home life they are prepared for when a pervert attempts anything

ALL children do not know what to do Ma'am...some children, who are victimized by their own parents, just keep the abuse to themselves.

As a society, we should not allow that to go on.

Last edited:

ALL children do not know what to do Ma'am...so children, who are victimized by their own parents, just keep the abuse to themselves.

Children raised by loving and informed parents know what to do. My husband and I would know in a New York minute if someone tried something with one of ours.

And what would you do about the counselor that called CPS and tell them little Jane said nothing is going on at home, but I don't believe her. How will you make it up to the innocent people who have their lives turned upside down by some do gooder?

Therein lies the problem. A single mistaken or false accusation can totally ruin a family's life. There is little or no presumption of innocence.

Dear hadit why not treat criminal illness like other deadly diseases.
There has been a sustained and growing movement to get rid of the social stigma on mental illness.
When will we grow to the point of ENCOURAGING people for getting help for their problems,
SUPPORTING not shaming them. If you change the whole environment and approach, there
doesn't need to be this 'assumed guilt' going on. And guess what. Opening the communication to be nonjudgmental in order to address problems does good in itself to DETER and prevent abuses by addressing the root causes, addictions and sickness.

Therein lies the problem. A single mistaken or false accusation can totally ruin a family's life. There is little or no presumption of innocence.

An investigation done with well established procedures that protect all concerned parties would protect anyone involved from being hurt AND WE WOULD BE STOPPING SEXUAL ABUSE OF YOUNG GIRLS

How are you going to protect all concerned parties? You can't, not when human nature is involved. You also seem unconcerned about young boys.

ALL children do not know what to do Ma'am...so children, who are victimized by their own parents, just keep the abuse to themselves.

Children raised by loving and informed parents know what to do. My husband and I would know in a New York minute if someone tried something with one of ours.

SassyIrishLass
so why not ensure that ALL communities and families have this same foundation that you have?

SassyIrishLass
so why not ensure that ALL communities and families have this same foundation that you have?

I don't trust public schools

And what would you do about the counselor that called CPS and tell them little Jane said nothing is going on at home, but I don't believe her. How will you make it up to the innocent people who have their lives turned upside down by some do gooder?

Cops investigate crimes all the time; who said someone's life is necessarily going to be turned upside down because a crime is being investigated. Investigated with established procedures, no one's life has to necessarily be turned upside down and children may be being saved from sexual abuse.

This just proves how little you really know about the subject. Children are usually removed from the home when there is an abuse allegation. If you think having to hire lawyers just to get your kids back won't turn the lives of an average person on it's head, you don't know much and just maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself until you educate yourself on the subject.

An investigation done with well established procedures that protect all concerned parties would protect anyone involved from being hurt AND WE WOULD BE STOPPING SEXUAL ABUSE OF YOUNG GIRLS

How are you going to protect all concerned parties? You can't, not when human nature is involved.

hadit you work with the entire school district/community where such a program is to be developed.
So everyone who is going to have a stake or be affected helps put it together and agree what procedures will work.

Believe me, awareness and places for kids to go to are 100 times better than when I was a kid in the 1960's when it happened to me....The schools already have counselors and direct access to uniformed police officers at schools.....All the kid has to do is reach out...I understand they be scarred or humiliated in their position,,but help is there and waiting..The best thing to do is educate kids of what to do when it happens...Parents can help 100% by doing this with their kids also..I did.............

Well, teaching in a health class what to do if you are being abused sounds good, but what if a child is too young and too afraid to implement what is being taught. A child needs someone to look out for him/her, children are not like adults who can be responsible for themselves.

Last edited:

Cops investigate crimes all the time; who said someone's life is necessarily going to be turned upside down because a crime is being investigated. Investigated with established procedures, no one's life has to necessarily be turned upside down and children may be being saved from sexual abuse.

This just proves how little you really know about the subject. Children are usually removed from the home when there is an abuse allegation. If you think having to hire lawyers just to get your kids back won't turn the lives of an average person on it's head, you don't know much and just maybe you should keep your opinions to yourself until you educate yourself on the subject.

We know of a situation where a child made false abuse allegations against her father and the result was disastrous, even after she recanted it went on and on and on and the father was ruined

There are hot lines for them to call, counselors are always available to listen and cops to arrest....

Children don't always know what to do...they are not necessarily capable of fending for themselves, knowing what to do & being capable of doing it when they are being abused...
Believe me, awareness and places for kids to go to are 100 times better than when I was a kid in the 1960's when it happened to me....The schools already have counselors and direct access to uniformed police officers at schools.....All the kid has to do is reach out...I understand they be scarred or humiliated in their position,,but help is there and waiting..The best thing to do is educate kids of what to do when it happens...Parents can help 100% by doing this with their kids also..I did.............

Well, teaching in a health class what to do if you are being abused sounds good, but what if a child is too young and too afraid to implement what is being taught. A child needs someone to look out for him/her, children are not like adults who can be responsible for themselves.
So you want this plan in Kindergarten classes?

SassyIrishLass

I don't trust public schools

SassyIrishLass The first step to taking back control of programs is to unite the community around the type of education, training and programs they want for their district. If this means buying out the public schools and going charter, or incorporating as their own campus, the people need to decide that and work out a business plan for reorganizing.

It isn't healthy to have disjoint relations and institutions controlling things at taxpayers' expense
where it is a hostile distrustful relationship. That should be changed, to reflect the values and agreements of the taxpayers funding such a program. So Anonymous' suggestion can lead to the community setting up programs and either
sharing responsibility for education and training, or taking back full responsibility on themselves if that represents the people.

It is a HUGE - GIANT - MASSIVE - MONUMENTALLY - bad idea.
I don't even think it needs explanation.

What's bad about it?...done right by people trained to do it right, IT WOULD SAVE YOUNG GIRLS FROM BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED & STOP ADULT PREDATORS WHO PREY ON CHILDREN...
No it wouldn't. Children who are abused are usually very tough to get info from. They have learned the hard way what happens when they do something their parents don;t like.
On the other hand, small children who are not abused, but rather simply pissed at their parents, tend to exaggerate problems at home. At the same time there are children who love attention, and see right away the attention they get from these people.
There is a good reason why CPS agencies have so many, many, many complaints against them. They notoriously create BIG problems where none exist.
They are poorly trained, poorly paid and over exuberant. And many a social services employee begins in CPS.

We know of a situation where a child made false abuse allegations against her father and the result was disastrous, even after she recanted it went on and on and on and the father was ruined
SassyIrishLass Proper conflict resolution and counseling based on consensus decisions would not allow the father to be excluded from the process. The same process and assistance that counteracts bullying would prevent railroading as well.

So what is more important, the adult's money or children's safety?...you are saying don't help children being abused because someone might have to pay for a lawyer. You are the one with a problem here...who cares what happens to an adult if a child is being sexually abused?

It is a HUGE - GIANT - MASSIVE - MONUMENTALLY - bad idea.
I don't even think it needs explanation.

What's bad about it?...done right by people trained to do it right, IT WOULD SAVE YOUNG GIRLS FROM BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED & STOP ADULT PREDATORS WHO PREY ON CHILDREN...
No it wouldn't. Children who are abused are usually very tough to get info from. They have learned the hard way what happens when they do something their parents don;t like.
On the other hand, small children who are not abused, but rather simply pissed at their parents, tend to exaggerate problems at home. At the same time there are children who love attention, and see right away the attention they get from these people.
There is a good reason why CPS agencies have so many, many, many complaints against them. They notoriously create BIG problems where none exist.
They are poorly trained, poorly paid and over exuberant. And many a social services employee begins in CPS.

Another thing is some of these people plant the seed in the mind and the nurture it and the first thing you know you have abuse where none exists

Greetings,

...I just caught a glimpse of a commercial on TV and if I saw it correctly, the commercial said that 20% of young girls are victims of sexual abuse.

I think that if schools (elementary, middle, and high schools) had trained personnel (perhaps guidance counselors could do it) who talked with school students twice a year to see how things are going in their homes, more young people would be protected from abuse by Adults.

Is this a good idea do you think, having guidance counselors talk to school students twice a year to see if their home life is OK?

Anonymous1977

Why not just have kids removed at birth and raised by the state? Gubmint is the real mommy and daddy anyway.... Learn to love Big Brother.

...sorry I have to go, but "God-Willing" I will be back later to reply to posts to me.

Peace and may God Bless you.
Anonymous1977

You DO grasp that a child is more likely to be molested by a teacher than any other person, including Catholic priests, right? Parents are at the bottom of the risk list.

Forum List

Back