What do You Think?- NBA player refuses to stand for National Anthem

So what do you think?

Why you ask does he not stand?

Mr. XXX said it's because he's... that's right-

Muslim :up_yours:

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

More bulletin board material for Patriots

-Geaux

--------------------------------------

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing
As long as he's getting a check from this country, I would consider it GOOD MANNERS that he would stand. Or isn't that taught in MuslimLand. Would one of the Sportscasters please ask him when they interview him, please?

I'm curious - do foreign players have to stand for the national anthem?

I am guessing most do out of respect, but even so....does it really make sense for people to demand a Chinese or Spanish or Syrian person stand for the US national anthem?
No one HAS to do anything. However, if they are enjoying the freedoms this nation offers, they may want to consider standing out of respect.
It's a simple thing.

So you guys are all for religious freedom unless it's a religion you don't like.

Incidently, I have no idea, does the NBA have a rule that all their players have to stand for the national anthem?
And you libs have the nerve to talk about "social contracts".
That player should be thanking his country every day that he has the freedom to play a kid's game and make a whole bunch of money doing so...
...and lives in a country where he is free to stand for the national anthem or not.
Of course. he is free to not stand. And the public is free to despise, dismiss and ultimately run him out of town for being an ungrateful asshole.
Who do you think wins this battle?
Yeah right.
I suppose you're right...it's dangerous to stray too far from the herd.
Free thinking must not be tolerated.
Those that don't conform should be despised, dismissed and ultimately run out of town.

People of all kinds usually frown on bad manners, Dude.

Depends ...

If he's black, he's a godless muslim and we should throw him out of the NBA.
If he's white, he has that right as well as the right to his religious beliefs and we should all work to protect that right for all real Americans.

Racist hypocrites.

Looks to me like YOU are the one who brought race into the discussion ... kinda makes ya wonder who's the racist, huh?

Depends ...

If he's black, he's a godless muslim and we should throw him out of the NBA.
If he's white, he has that right as well as the right to his religious beliefs and we should all work to protect that right for all real Americans.

Racist hypocrites.

Looks to me like YOU are the one who brought race into the discussion ... kinda makes ya wonder who's the racist, huh?

Luddly is a bonafide waste of every ounce of oxygen he inhales.

So you guys are all for religious freedom unless it's a religion you don't like.

Incidently, I have no idea, does the NBA have a rule that all their players have to stand for the national anthem?
That player should be thanking his country every day that he has the freedom to play a kid's game and make a whole bunch of money doing so...
...and lives in a country where he is free to stand for the national anthem or not.
Of course. he is free to not stand. And the public is free to despise, dismiss and ultimately run him out of town for being an ungrateful asshole.
Yeah right.
Those that don't conform should be despised, dismissed and ultimately run out of town.

True...but living in a free society means that you have to live with people you disagree with.

I don't think he's required to stand, so doesn't appear as if he's broken any rule.

However he should stand. No one is asking him to sing the anthem or pledge allegiance to anyone or anything. So the whole "religion" angle is total BS and quite ignorant. Standing is just show of respect for the country you're in. It's a show of respect for the fans that came see you play. It's a show of respect for the league and your fellow players.

He has no issue collecting his paycheck, right? Last time I checked GOD was on the money. "In God We Trust". So if he's really going to make a stand then make a fucking stand and leave the country. Ah yes, but he can't earn millions and live the life of a rock star in the Middle East. Looks like just another selfish, whiner to me.

Great post!

Yeah right.

True...but living in a free society means that you have to live with people you disagree with.

That is also true. If enough people write to the teams owner, maybe something can be done about it. Maybe even the NBA. They are trying to improve their image. That would be a good start.

Anathema -

I'd stand in every country, myself. To my mind its simply a sign of respect.

It's much like all the nonsense about Obama bowing in Asia. Everyone bows in Asia, myself included. It's no different from a handshake in the US.

If people travel around the world ignoring those customs, it isn't going to do a lot for international relations. Politness costs nothing.
When Obama bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, he committed a deep breach of Presidential protocol

So what do you think?

Can't stand for the National Anthem of this country but instead they stand to cut off your head

Just as I thought

-Geaux

Dion Waiters, an NBA player for the Cleveland Cavaliers, was nowhere to be found when the national anthem was being sung before his team’s game against the Utah Jazz on Wednesday. Waiters says the reason he excused himself prior to the national anthem is that he’s a Muslim acting in accordance with his religious beliefs.

If so-called “moderate Muslims” really wanted things to get better, they would stand and sing at the top of their lungs for America and hope we, as a country, survive and eliminate evil-doers all over the world.

Read more at NBA player refuses to stand for national anthem but it 8217 s the reason why that 8217 s so disturbing
As long as he's getting a check from this country, I would consider it GOOD MANNERS that he would stand. Or isn't that taught in MuslimLand. Would one of the Sportscasters please ask him when they interview him, please?
He was born in this country.

I'm curious - do foreign players have to stand for the national anthem?

I am guessing most do out of respect, but even so....does it really make sense for people to demand a Chinese or Spanish or Syrian person stand for the US national anthem?
No one HAS to do anything. However, if they are enjoying the freedoms this nation offers, they may want to consider standing out of respect.
It's a simple thing.
What if it violates their religious belief?

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

Then that's even worse. Shame on him. He should know better. Are there Basketball teams in Arab lands. He should look into it.

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

Then that's even worse. Shame on him. He should know better. Are there Basketball teams in Arab lands. He should look into it.

the amusing part is if he ever went over there, they'd kill him for being an infidel just the same as they would a Christian.

Someone spoke to Waiters? Someone who matters?

"
The guard, however, did stand with his team during Friday's national anthem before they faced the Denver Nuggets. Maybe he's selective with it.

After the Cavaliers defeated the Nuggets, a game in which Waiters had his best outing of the season with 17 points, he refused to talk any further on the matter.

"I don't really want to talk about that, my religion," he said. "I don't really want to talk about that. I want to talk about basketball."
Dion Waiters informs NEOMG that he is a Muslim and plans to skip national anthems cleveland.com

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

the amusing part is if he ever went over there, they'd kill him for being an infidel just the same as they would a Christian.

That would be a bummer. Beheaded by his own.

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

And he has the freedom to practice his religion, and if it means not standing for the anthem, then it is a religious freedom he enjoys and I am sure he is happy to live in a country that allows the freedom to express your religion.

That is the beauty of this country, we have freedoms that allow us to express and accept others and their views. His right in no way affects anyone else's right.

Now, we all have the right to express our opinion on the matter, which is another great thing.

So what do you think?

Just as I thought

-Geaux

The towlhead is welcome to go back to dirkadirkastan where he belongs.

Forum List

Back