What Do You Do On Sunday's?

Sunday Survey: What do you do on Sundays?

• Read

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Go to Church

• Watch Football

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Watch TV (any)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Chores

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Day Trip

• Play on the Internet/Gaming

• See Family/Friends

• Go Out To Eat

• Other (Specify)

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Work

• Total voters

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you have a normal routine? Or does it vary...?

Mine is:

Church
Football

... that's pretty much it (oh and 2 TV shows later in the evening...)

12088519_10156810240450377_638106563045558648_n.jpg

Do you have a normal routine?...)

A normal routine.

Well, I use to take information at work, on the phone and make a check mark on the left side of the paper when I give the information to the foreman inside the plant. Someone made the papers, and put the info to the far left side of the paper - so now I have to put check marks on the right side.

Previously when I signed people in at Gate one, I give the badges out in numerical order - it was so easier to find them on the sign in sheet. NOW, people have badges that they keep, instead of me signing them in - so no more numerical order on the sign in sheet ( 3 to 4 pages of people get signed in ).

When I first started working my job, I would issue badges with numbers to visitors . The visitors would return a badge that I did not give them.....with a different number - so finding them on the sign in sheet was impossible, especially when you had multiple people sign out at one time - just take their badge and they left ; no matching numbers on the sign out sheet.

People drinking liquids out of a glass or cup at the Gate One and sipping loudly.......in my opinion being intentionally annoying.

People eating food at Gate One, like chips, with their mouth open and chewing loudly......in my opinion they were being intentionally annoying.

Normal procedures and routines.....being constantly changed or interrupted.

All is quiet, no driving inside the facility issuing permits, until the shift goes to test fire hose - then all the sudden a permit(s) needs to be issued.

If we get a fire run inside the facility or an ambulance call - people call the gate for multiple permits ( Welding permits & others )----> Fire Call and Ambulance runs - we are short on manpower. 5 people on duty ( 4 subordinates and a supervisor = 2 subordinates on gate and 2 subordinates inside the plant ; an ambulance runs takes two people off of the site ; 3 in a cardiac arrest or bad trauma )

All is quiet till someone works on their inspections and we are a man short or some other manpower shortage - then multiple people call and say they need a "permit". -----> golly gee, how do you know you are being watched? How do you know people are manipulating your time.

**** People pushing you, then turning around and pulling on you **** People push you one direction then push you another way - Psyche games ; and senior management allows it to happen.

If I do set a normal routine or procedure it gets changed.

Shadow 355

I am work ( I work shift work ) - or I am at church.

Shadow 355

I meant to add work. Even thought about it before I made the thread, then, when I was doing the choices, forgot to add it (duh) - it's there now though.....

Do you have a normal routine?...)

A normal routine.

Well, I use to take information at work, on the phone and make a check mark on the left side of the paper when I give the information to the foreman inside the plant. Someone made the papers, and put the info to the far left side of the paper - so now I have to put check marks on the right side.

Previously when I signed people in at Gate one, I give the badges out in numerical order - it was so easier to find them on the sign in sheet. NOW, people have badges that they keep, instead of me signing them in - so no more numerical order on the sign in sheet ( 3 to 4 pages of people get signed in ).

When I first started working my job, I would issue badges with numbers to visitors . The visitors would return a badge that I did not give them.....with a different number - so finding them on the sign in sheet was impossible, especially when you had multiple people sign out at one time - just take their badge and they left ; no matching numbers on the sign out sheet.

People drinking liquids out of a glass or cup at the Gate One and sipping loudly.......in my opinion being intentionally annoying.

People eating food at Gate One, like chips, with their mouth open and chewing loudly......in my opinion they were being intentionally annoying.

Normal procedures and routines.....being constantly changed or interrupted.

All is quiet, no driving inside the facility issuing permits, until the shift goes to test fire hose - then all the sudden a permit(s) needs to be issued.

If we get a fire run inside the facility or an ambulance call - people call the gate for multiple permits ( Welding permits & others )----> Fire Call and Ambulance runs - we are short on manpower. 5 people on duty ( 4 subordinates and a supervisor = 2 subordinates on gate and 2 subordinates inside the plant ; an ambulance runs takes two people off of the site ; 3 in a cardiac arrest or bad trauma )

All is quiet till someone works on their inspections and we are a man short or some other manpower shortage - then multiple people call and say they need a "permit". -----> golly gee, how do you know you are being watched? How do you know people are manipulating your time.

**** People pushing you, then turning around and pulling on you **** People push you one direction then push you another way - Psyche games ; and senior management allows it to happen.

If I do set a normal routine or procedure it gets changed.

Shadow 355

hmmm not fun. Church sounds like the better option!~

hmmm not fun. Church sounds like the better option!~

Gotta play the childrens mind games.

Gate One - the fire panel rings on and off constantly ; bad wiring and the contractor will not fix it.

Senior supervisors in my department whom let the "Mickey Mouse stuff " occur and does not do anything ; and senior personnel whom will not standup or defend the "subordinates".

Frequent policy and procedure changes.

Policy and procedure changes that occur and is not broadcasted to everyone in the department ; and NEVER put in writing or sent in an email to people in the department ; WHY, but managers and supervisors are totally afraid.......TERRIFIED to document. My first department manager sent emails out to everyone and let them know what was going on. Policy or procedure changes.......HE sent and email out - one did not find out till it was relevant to the situation ; One person did not say "Our Department manager wants it this way". OK, Why did he only tell you and no one else, and why are you just telling me now? If he tells you of a certain policy or procedure that he wants done, why not tell everyone on the shift, or send an email out instead of chew my butt for me not knowing, OR tell me when it is only the right place in time where it is relevant?

Two department managers ( company - corporate ; people we are contracted to ; subordinate to ) and one turns the department over to the other in worse shape than they receive it. No money for EMS / Fire and Security items......but if we need 150 hard hats and 500 safety vests, there is money for it. I asked for uniforms one time - there was no money as the Department manager told me......so honestly ; I had to buy my own uniform pants from "Galls" in Kentucky ; and I still had to send them back twice because they sent the wrong size pants.

I have not had any pay raises or cost of living increase in about 8 years that I know of.

My job was contracted out , but the department manger got to keep their job with the company = I have to pay for my insurance - I lost three weeks *PAID* vacation when my job was contracted out - I lost my shift differential pay - I lost my retirement & seniority - I lost yearly pay bonuses - I lost safety awards....and a host of other things when my job was contracted out.

Nothing last forever Bonzi. Some people are going to want to walk and shake my hand, or ask for help. When they do I am going to mention......"Aren't you the one whom cost me XXXXXXX Dollars a month, and contracted my job out? Aren't you the one responsible for me having to start my own retirement plan - put money away each month, because you contracted my job out? Can't wait to see the expression on their faces. I know history. I know that what goes around................comes around ; and that is what I live for each day, cause I know that one day...............the smile will be on my face. People whom think I will live and forget........are sooo - soooooo wrong. Its really comforting ; that people I work with do not know......what I really know. The underhanded lies, ulterior motives - backstabbing and hidden agendas ; that if it did come out...... there would be some serious trouble.

God really does.......love the Infantry. :) ;)

Shadow 355 ( 2nd Infantry Division : 1989-1991 )

Go to church. Work at the local soup kitchen.

Actually I just sit at home and get drunk.

I don't do much. Sit around here half naked and surf the net with my doughnut shop coffee

Might take the Road King out

-Geaux

What the fuck are you, Bendy? I am guessing Roman Catholic or Episcopalian.

Football,drinking followed by cooking.
It's been a tradition around here for over twenty five years.
The hardest part,other than the Monday hangover,is trying to find new stuff to cook every weekend.

Sunday usually is no different than any other day... workout, study/ draw/ paint, praise the gods, have fun.
The only time I go to church nowadays is sometime around midnight to 3Am of Wednesday night/ Thursday morning.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back