What do we agree upon?

Well I guess I am not too interested in people who are SO close minded that they can't think for themselves.

I think for myself, and I'm not saying I have never agreed with a democrat. But you have to admit the outright liberals in Washington (Pelosi,Reid,Frank etc.), don't have much to offer in my book. If thinking for myself means I have to agree with any one of them, that may take a while because I don't see that happening.

Well I guess I am not too interested in people who are SO close minded that they can't think for themselves.

I think for myself, and I'm not saying I have never agreed with a democrat. But you have to admit the outright liberals in Washington (Pelosi,Reid,Frank etc.), don't have much to offer in my book. If thinking for myself means I have to agree with any one of them, that may take a while because I don't see that happening.

I think the OP was talking about principles, not people. I don't like Pelosi and Reid much myself, nor do I care for some of those on the other side of the aisle like Cantor and Boehner. But acknowledging they have a point here and there doesn't mean I agree with them, specifically. It means we just have some sort of common ground. It happens. ;)

However I am a supporter of rights for gays/lesbians....

What rights are those? I've never met anyone who was against the sexually abnormal from being able to exercise their unalienable human rights.

As a general rule, where this sort of drivel is trotted out, the speaker is promoting 'special rights' for the sexually abnormal; which they hope will nomralize abnormality.

I think Bush and his illegal war was the worst mistake in our nations history....

All that establishes is that you're ignorant of US history and grossly misinformed on the circumstances and principles at play in the US GWOT and the camapign in Iraq to remove the most destabilizing element in the most unstable region on earth; the region which spawned and fostered those who executed that attack and a region which STILL fosters such individuals. But that's fairly common amongst you idiots...

I believe we need to fund alternative energy to the largest extent possible.

Golly... that's deep...

No doubt you 'believe' that the US government should prevent domestic exploration for oil and the construction of more refineries... and you no doubt feel that Nuclear power plants do not represent a viable 'alternative'...

Nothing new here...

Last edited:
Well Pubic maybe you should read a few more of my posts where I have advocated STRONGLY for nuclear and have even softened my views on drillinf for new sources of oil. The one thing you obviously don't want to admit is that the oil cos like our refineing capacity RIGHT WHERE IT IS as that is the point of restriction for better fuel supply.

What rights are those? I've never met anyone who was against the sexually abnormal from being able to exercise their unalienable human rights.

As a general rule, where this sort of drivel is trotted out, the speaker is promoting 'special rights' for the sexually abnormal; which they hope will nomralize abnormality.

I think Bush and his illegal war was the worst mistake in our nations history....

All that establishes is that you're ignorant of US history and grossly misinformed on the circumstances and principles at play in the US GWOT and the camapign in Iraq to remove the most destabilizing element in the most unstable region on earth; the region which spawned and fostered those who executed that attack and a region which STILL fosters such individuals. But that's fairly common amongst you idiots...

Golly... that's deep...

No doubt you 'believe' that the US government should prevent domestic exploration for oil and the construction of more refineries... and you no doubt feel that Nuclear power plants do not represent a viable 'alternative'...

Nothing new here...

The FACT is that Iraq was more stabil BEFORE we went in on TOTALLY trumped up BS. If you want to take care of the "destabilizing" factor in the ME then we need to start DEMANDING that Israel start abiding by UN rules.

I think the OP was talking about principles, not people. I don't like Pelosi and Reid much myself, nor do I care for some of those on the other side of the aisle like Cantor and Boehner. But acknowledging they have a point here and there doesn't mean I agree with them, specifically. It means we just have some sort of common ground. It happens. ;)

I think this is one thing that stands in the way of bi-partisanship. If you don't like a particular person, sometimes it is hard to get past that and agree with what may be a very good proposal - just because it came from that person you dislike so much. What if Pelosi came up with a GREAT idea? Dems, What if Bush had come up with a really GREAT idea?

Last edited:

I think this is one this that stands in the way of bi-partisanship. If you don't like a particular person, sometimes it is hard to get past that and agree with what may be a very good proposal - just because it came from that person you dislike so much. What if Pelosi came up with a GREAT idea? Dems, What if Bush had come up with a really GREAT idea?

I've often wondered if George Bush wouldn't have come up with some pretty good ideas had he not been, er, 'guided by' Cheney & Co. I think "compassionate conservative" was a label he would have like to run with given the chance. Many people here mock me for invoking Bush when comparing certain incidents, but I am mostly blaming the Bush ADMINISTRATION for certain travesties that have had an impact on the present ADMINISTRATION. My biggest criticism of George W. Bush, the man and the President, is that he apparently was too weak to get that he was being walked all over and that he had no real authority at all, until maybe the last year of office when he grew a pair and told Cheney to stuff it.

I think this is one this that stands in the way of bi-partisanship. If you don't like a particular person, sometimes it is hard to get past that and agree with what may be a very good proposal - just because it came from that person you dislike so much. What if Pelosi came up with a GREAT idea? Dems, What if Bush had come up with a really GREAT idea?

I've often wondered if George Bush wouldn't have come up with some pretty good ideas had he not been, er, 'guided by' Cheney & Co. I think "compassionate conservative" was a label he would have like to run with given the chance. Many people here mock me for invoking Bush when comparing certain incidents, but I am mostly blaming the Bush ADMINISTRATION for certain travesties that have had an impact on the present ADMINISTRATION. My biggest criticism of George W. Bush, the man and the President, is that he apparently was too weak to get that he was being walked all over and that he had no real authority at all, until maybe the last year of office when he grew a pair and told Cheney to stuff it.

And from what I understand Cheney is ready to tear Bush a new one in his book because Bush finally stood up to him a bit.

But yeah, I agree Maggie. The Bush administration was better than the Cheney administration. And in keeping with the spirit of this thread, I'll say what I liked about an administration that I REALLY disagreed with.

George Bush: I think he honestly believed that what he was doing was the best thing for the United States of America and he wasn't going to let public opinion or his critics knock him off course. Right or wrong, he didn't seem to be the type of president who had to read a public opinion poll before deciding what he was going to have for breakfast. I consider that a trait of a real leader.

I have to qualify that by saying IMHO a true leader DOESN'T lie to get people to follow.

Last edited:

I think this is one thing that stands in the way of bi-partisanship. If you don't like a particular person, sometimes it is hard to get past that and agree with what may be a very good proposal - just because it came from that person you dislike so much. What if Pelosi came up with a GREAT idea? Dems, What if Bush had come up with a really GREAT idea?

I like to think of it as the "Even a stopped clock is right twice a day" way of looking at things. :D

Golly... that's deep...

Nothing new here...

You are right we should have killed the most destabilizing element in the world. All of the supporters of "the project for the new american century " should have been hunted down and assasinated.

I understand that it is much easier to assume what someone's position "must" be rather than take the time and effort to scroll through and read what their ACTUAL positions are. But your laziness is obviously behind your erroneous assumptions. I've read - so I know.

Maybe you should too.

Golly... that's deep...

Nothing new here...

You are right we should have killed the most destabilizing element in the world. All of the supporters of "the project for the new american century " should have been hunted down and assasinated.

I don't think any of them are hiding. Many are out and about, working at think tanks or K Street lobby firms, and writing articles in publications like American Thinker. Some are just waiting over the horizon for another calamity like 911 that they can USE as justification for "the project" (endorsed by the 2002 Bush Doctrine of preemptive military strikes).

G Bush, Junior was a drfat dodger,a coward, a drug addict and wife beater and you people actually worship him. How sad, how typically American.

Long live OBAMA !

Cold, I don't think bans here are forever. More like a time out from the boards for a few days. Ask Jay Canuck how it works. :lol:

Forum List

Back