What do we agree upon?

I'm sorry you don't approve of what I support and don't support, but they are my beliefs. There are others and I would be happy to share those also.

Please forgive me for interfering, but I think what CF has been trying to do with this thread is to point out that although you are a conservative, there are probably things that you agree with that are "liberal" in nature and he (I think CF is a he although I am not sure) is asking for those kinds of things. CF is not knocking your conservative beliefs, just looking for "common ground" so to speak.

Immie

I understand.
When I first posted I thought the thread was designed to see where everyone stood politically, so I listed my stance on various subjects. I don't mean to be hardheaded or stubborn, but there aren't too many things where I think a liberal solution would be the best solution. In fact I'm trying to think of one to post.

I'm sorry you don't approve of what I support and don't support, but they are my beliefs. There are others and I would be happy to share those also.

Please forgive me for interfering, but I think what CF has been trying to do with this thread is to point out that although you are a conservative, there are probably things that you agree with that are "liberal" in nature and he (I think CF is a he although I am not sure) is asking for those kinds of things. CF is not knocking your conservative beliefs, just looking for "common ground" so to speak.

Immie

I understand.
When I first posted I thought the thread was designed to see where everyone stood politically, so I listed my stance on various subjects. I don't mean to be hardheaded or stubborn, but there aren't too many things where I think a liberal solution would be the best solution. In fact I'm trying to think of one to post.

Very few people are "pure" anything. I'm sure if you think about it you'll find something. ;)

Immie

I understand.

If you could just come up with ONE it would make me VERY happy and help to validate my strongly held beleife that we ALL have at least one thing we can agree upon.

Immie

I understand.

If you could just come up with ONE it would make me VERY happy and help to validate my strongly held beleife that we ALL have at least one thing we can agree upon.

No pressure or anything. :lol:

I don't know about that, Cold. People who seek out political forums tend to have strongly held beliefs. If they're that strong, it shouldn't take too much painful introspection to say what they are. Perhaps there is just a higher number of "pure" ideologues than elsewhere?

No, I disagree. Some people do buy into one "side" or the other wholeheartedly and without reservation. Rare, but it happens. I can't see why personally, but it's a free country and they have the same right to an opinion everybody else does.

I don't understand it myself, but it's not my opinion and doesn't depend on my understanding of it for its reality. ;)

I mean you and I may agree on one or two topics and you may agree with someone else on another topic and that person may agree with me on yet another topic.

Unfortunately, people who have made extreme comments one way or the other won't be apt to say they agree on something, even if they do. I have only encountered maybe a half-dozen who have the decency to say "You may be right (correct)." Even if that's followed by a "but..." at least it shows common sense and a willing to discuss an issue in a civil manner.

A few days ago, I posted some conservatives views that I have (capitalism, private accounts for Social Security, and a couple of others), but short of wading through almost 300 postings, I can't remember everything I said. But no one responded to my points. Instead, the subject seemed to jump to gay rights and abortion.

C'est la vie.

Forum List

Back