What do we agree upon?

Cold Fusion38

SUPER GENIUS
This is a thread to find things we agree upon and I hope it will be used in this fasion.......

I am pretty lib on most issues but I also have some strongly held conservative views....

I am for strong boarder control(all four of them).

I am opposed to gun control because I believe that law abiding citizens have the CONSTITUTIONAL right to bare arms.

However I am a supporter of rights for gays/lesbians....

I think Bush and his illegal war was the worst mistake in our nations history....

I believe we need to fund alternative energy to the largest extent possible.

Although I would not call the war illegal I would agree Bush should not have gone there. Better us of our troops post 9-11 was to secure our borders.

Willow I agree 100%. We SHOULD have secured our own boarders but then I am kind of an isolationist. If there is going to be FREE TRADE it should by FAIR TRADE that doesn't involve the US losing our manufacturing base.

Thank you for replying in the type of voice I was hoping for here.

Could you tell me a "liberal" issue that you support?

Like cold, I am neither left leaning nor right leaning. I would like to pay fewer taxes and actually SEE some benfit to the ones I do pay.
I believe in a woman's right to choose to have an abortion.
I agree with gay/lesbian rights to a point.
I believe Dubya and Dick got rich off the Iraq invasion and subsequent occupation and their greed distracted from capturing OBL in Afghanistan.

We all agree BJ is a big fat pig crap, too.

See, we have lots of common ground.

However I am a supporter of rights for gays/lesbians....

I think Bush and his illegal war was the worst mistake in our nations history....

I believe we need to fund alternative energy to the largest extent possible.

Although I would not call the war illegal I would agree Bush should not have gone there. Better us of our troops post 9-11 was to secure our borders.

Secure our borders and concentrate on the assholes who really did attack us. Afghanistan, the Taliban and the hunt for OBL got shortchanged. The people we lost on 911 deserved justice and we failed to pursue it.

And what one thing might that be?

Damn, I wasn't even hoping to prove a point about you in here. Abstraction is still not something you understand at all.
Can't think of anything? You really should start thinking before posting ;)

You always miss points and anything that doesn't have a simple 1+1 fact to it. Here's a thought, why don't you pick up a book ob philosophy yet? You are so good at reciting simple facts, maybe something in it will sink in and spark a bit of abstract thought in you, then you could contribute to science instead od just read about it. ;)

Damn, I wasn't even hoping to prove a point about you in here. Abstraction is still not something you understand at all.
Can't think of anything? You really should start thinking before posting ;)

You always miss points and anything that doesn't have a simple 1+1 fact to it. Here's a thought, why don't you pick up a book ob philosophy yet? You are so good at reciting simple facts, maybe something in it will sink in and spark a bit of abstract thought in you, then you could contribute to science instead od just read about it. ;)

Still can't think of anything?

Oh, did you ever find that data demonstrating that Earth cannot yield enough food and potable water to support the human population?

So far I haven't heard anyone say invading Iraq was the right call -

I consider myself left-leaning but I am fiscally conservative and I believe an unborn child is a human being who has a right to legal protection.

I agree that the constitution does protect an individual's right to own a firearm, so in keeping with the intent of our founding fathers we should allow anyone who wants to the right to own a musket. Anything beyond that is a stretch.

I believe equal protection means gay marriage too.

I believe schools from BSC leagues have no right to an automatic leg-up over teams from smaller conferences in selection for post-season bowl games.

This is a thread to find things we agree upon and I hope it will be used in this fasion.......

I am pretty lib on most issues but I also have some strongly held conservative views....

I am for strong boarder control(all four of them).

I am opposed to gun control because I believe that law abiding citizens have the CONSTITUTIONAL right to bare arms.

I believe that Americans have the right to own weapons as currently legislated.

I believe that every woman has the moral right to decide for herself if she will take a pregnancy to term.

I believe that our government is an overfed fat pig of kakatocracy that is run by Insiders who don't truly give a crap about Americans.

I believe that partisans are blind because the RNC and DNC know how to appeal to their personal prejudices.

I believe that 100 years from now if a nation called the USA exists it will be unrecognizable to most of us.

I believe tht most people who are Republicans are NOT my enemies and that most people who are Democrats are not necessarily my friends.

I believe that this nation is captured by an insidious oligarchy whose plans for this nation are not at all what most Americans want for their nation, but that the average American is so bambuzzeled by the hateful lying propaganda that they truly think the Rs or the Ds have the solution, and that therfore about half the nation's citizens are their idealogical enemies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back