What do I do about someone who keeps neg reping me?

thanks dillo!

eta: who are the mods? LOL... I know Gunny is the Admin but I don't think bothering him with this is necessary.

Last edited:
Truthorg. who joined 9/3/08 and has 16 posts has neg rep'd me three times in the last two days.

I read the rules and saw abuse of this system is not allowed so what do I do about it?

anyone?
He's neg repped me twice in the last few days.

it just pisses me off, not because I really care about the neg rep thing but because he doesn't even seem to participate in the discussions. He just seems to be running around neg repping people he disagrees with.

I actually got neg repped by someone with the nic NegRep which I thought was hysterical. it came out neutral but it still made me laugh to know someone joined just to neg rep me.

it just pisses me off, not because I really care about the neg rep thing but because he doesn't even seem to participate in the discussions. He just seems to be running around neg repping people he disagrees with.

I actually got neg repped by someone with the nic NegRep which I thought was hysterical. it came out neutral but it still made me laugh to know someone joined just to neg rep me.

If you are being neg repped by someone with 16 posts it will have zero affect on your own rep. Doubt he or she has got any to take away from you. However, you neg repping them, will have an affect...:lol:

Truthorg. who joined 9/3/08 and has 16 posts has neg rep'd me three times in the last two days.

I read the rules and saw abuse of this system is not allowed so what do I do about it?

anyone?

Do it back. I had a guy who wouldn't stop harrassing me, so I neg repped him once and he had a hissy fit. I couldn't get him to stop by asking or verbally taking him to the woodshed but boy did a neg rep work. He even started a new thread about it. It was great.

Just start pos repping people so you can neg rep him/her when you see them.

Do it back. I had a guy who wouldn't stop harrassing me, so I neg repped him once and he had a hissy fit. I couldn't get him to stop by asking or verbally taking him to the woodshed but boy did a neg rep work. He even started a new thread about it. It was great.

Just start pos repping people so you can neg rep him/her when you see them.

I really have zero desire to get into a pissing contest of neg repping him.

If he actually participated in the discussions that he's neg repping me in (which is actually only twice, it seems I lumped him in with someone who joined just to neg rep me by the name NegRep) it would be different.

whatever, he's a troll.

I will say this though, I went to look at the new member list and I'm apparently a postwhore :lol: I have 369 posts already and I just joined last week! I'm :cuckoo:

I really have zero desire to get into a pissing contest of neg repping him.

If he actually participated in the discussions that he's neg repping me in (which is actually only twice, it seems I lumped him in with someone who joined just to neg rep me by the name NegRep) it would be different.

whatever, he's a troll.

I will say this though, I went to look at the new member list and I'm apparently a postwhore :lol: I have 369 posts already and I just joined last week! I'm :cuckoo:

well there ya go---ignore it--rep isn't worth shit anyway. You can still express your opinion here with neg 2 million rep and it doesn't go on you resume or anything. It'ssimply not worth getting bent out of shape over.

:lol: so it's whining to ask how to handle a problem? makes sense to me :cuckoo:

I'd neg rep ya but I'm not that petty :eusa_whistle:

To be honest, it's the thinking it's a problem part that comes off a bit whiny. No offense.

I say just neg rep'm back. Me and Ninja neg rep each other 2-3 times a day. It's become somewhat of sporting thing. No big deal.

anyone?

Neg rep or positive rep, the fact that you wrote something that affected people one way or the other means you're scoring points, Silence.

I was about to give you a positive rep to offset what is probably a personal attack, but disovered that apparently I've recently given you a positive rep for something already.

Now how could I have not known that I'd just done given you rep points, you aak?

Because I try NOT to pay attention to whom I read, so that I do not bring my current prejudices about any particular pooster into evaluating what I'm reading right now.

That's why I also so often end up crediting or responding to the wrong people on this board, sometimes, too.

People on boards like to form alliances and develop prejudices which make their rep points meaningless.

Some of us are not reacting to what we've just read, so much as we're ingratiating ourselves to people whose opinions overall, we like, I think.

Pay that rep thing no mind, and I think you'll find this place more enjoyable.

Give credit where due based on the specific post, and if nothing else, you'll be honestly giving praise when due, regardless of who you give it

I even give positive reps points based on good arguments that I don't agree with, to be honest.

A good argument, even one you don't like, deserves credit in this venue.

Last edited:
I appreciate all the help guys. Jillian is looking into it for me!

It's not a big deal it just irked me this morning to see a neg rep first thing...I hadn't had my bagel yet....I'm cranky when I'm hungry LOL...

editec I like your style and I agree I try to not look at who is posting what and I actually don't neg rep people as a rule. I believe in positive reinforcement!!

I think he tried to neg rep me, too... it was neutral, though. apparently it's aimed at women posters. lol...

Yep he got me too. But then that's understandable. I have not been the most popular poster in the last day or so. :lol: But the post he neg rep'ed me on was a stupid post. There was no reason for anyone to get a neg rep point on it. :cuckoo:

anyone?

Send a private tell to one of the Admins or moderators stating what has happened and ask them to look into it.

However he only has 16 post so he can not have much rep power to help or hurt anyone anyway.

Forum List

Back