What do I do about someone who keeps neg reping me?

I don't care about the points of the rep system, I do however enjoy the feedback it provides. I can be just as guilty of the next person of hyberpole and OTT delusion so when I go off the trail a neg rep is a good tool to maybe bring me back to reality.

My issue was more the fact that this person wasn't participating in discussions but rather just going around neg repping me for no reason.

If there is something to abuse, someone will find a way to abuse it, or try to. The rep system, IMO, is all in fun. There is no way to actually adhere to a strict set of rules because it is all based on perspective.

Some people don't care about it and actualy have it turned off. Others go berserk over it. To each his own. At the same time, having an idjit running around negrepping only liberal females for 0 points is annoying, and IS abusing the system, IMO.

The clown in question also has two member IDs. He's on the short list of having my undividied attention. That's NOT a good thing.:badgrin:

I love reading the little comments when I'm repped, just like I like sending a comment when I rep someone.

I have never neg repped someone, who cares if you don't agree with me. I like to rep the people who make me laugh or have insightful comments.

He is not "making stuff up." He has indeed had me zero out his rep count before.

I know he has, but that wasn't the allegation I was referring to. He has repeatedly made up stuff about Mani and Ravi repping each other inappropriately... I checked and they hadn't repped each other much at all... that was posted on a thread where Shogie could see it. He has chosen to restate that assertion. So yes, he made it up. Sorry if what I was referring to wasn't clear. My bad.

I know he has, but that wasn't the allegation I was referring to. He has repeatedly made up stuff about Mani and Ravi repping each other inappropriately... I checked and they hadn't repped each other much at all... that was posted on a thread where Shogie could see it. He has chosen to restate that assertion. So yes, he made it up. Sorry if what I was referring to wasn't clear. My bad.

Just to clear the air on that accusation ... A member may give out a total of 20 reps in a 24 hour period of time. A member must rep 8 other members prior to being able to rep the first member again. At the most, one member may rep the same member twice in a 24 hour period.

Like anything else, that too can be gamed, but it is minimized. If someone tries to game it, I will increase the number of reps required to come around to the same poster again. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back