What do I do about someone who keeps neg reping me?

Neg rep or positive rep, the fact that you wrote something that affected people one way or the other means you're scoring points, Silence.

Or he could just be a troll going down the line and neg repping.

I get pos repped all the time, and I'm still stuck at 50 or something. It's a silly little diversion. Ignore it.

btw Silence,

You said you really don't care and I believe you, so this may not apply. However, if it turns out that you really do care, that puts you in league with Shogun and RetiredGySgt. They are pretty much the only two posters here that have repeatedly shown that rep points/power mean everything to them and is inextricably linked to their self-esteem. Kinda sad, but true.

Just sayin...

Lol. That's funny.

I neg rep you when you're sacreligious, but that doesn't extend to criticism of Palin.

btw Silence,

You said you really don't care and I believe you, so this may not apply. However, if it turns out that you really do care, that puts you in league with Shogun and RetiredGySgt. They are pretty much the only two posters here that have repeatedly shown that rep points/power mean everything to them and is inextricably linked to their self-esteem. Kinda sad, but true.

Just sayin...

Ill remind you, bitch... I've had the mods DELETE more rep than you've ever managed to acquire from ravi's forearm up your sock puppet ass. When you can say the same then perhaps you can criticize me.

think what you want.. or, go ask a mod all about it.

your choice.

Ill remind you, bitch... I've had the mods DELETE more rep than you've ever managed to acquire from ravi's forearm up your sock puppet ass. When you can say the same then perhaps you can criticize me.

And again you're making stuff up even though you've been spanked on that allegation a bunch of times....

I bet it would get moved quick if you posted the goatse pic..

Truthorg. who joined 9/3/08 and has 16 posts has neg rep'd me three times in the last two days.

I read the rules and saw abuse of this system is not allowed so what do I do about it?

anyone?

You could always put the person on ignore.

:lol:

But seriously, I hardly even look at my own rep number much less anyone else's. I just read the comments.

I think Gump is correct in saying you will increase a neg repper's rep power by repping them back, but I'm not certain. I really don't understand or have bothered to understand how the rep system works.

Think of it as any kind of publicity is good publicity. On this crowded board at least someone is bothering to read your posts. I bet more people read your posts now, especially after seeing this thread. ;)

I bet you got a bucket load of sympathy rep. Come on tell the truth. ;)

Do it back. I had a guy who wouldn't stop harrassing me, so I neg repped him once and he had a hissy fit. I couldn't get him to stop by asking or verbally taking him to the woodshed but boy did a neg rep work. He even started a new thread about it. It was great.

Just start pos repping people so you can neg rep him/her when you see them.

Wrong answer. Acting in the same manner as the other person makes you no better than that person. Report abuses of the system to a moderator/admin.

If this individual cannot solve his/her problem, then I will do it for him/her.

btw Silence,

Just sayin...

I don't care about the points of the rep system, I do however enjoy the feedback it provides. I can be just as guilty of the next person of hyberpole and OTT delusion so when I go off the trail a neg rep is a good tool to maybe bring me back to reality.

My issue was more the fact that this person wasn't participating in discussions but rather just going around neg repping me for no reason.

Forum List

Back