What did you have for dinner?

Just had my 2nd last leftover serving of meatloaf for lunch.

One more piece is left -- for dinner tonight.

Yum !! This is really good.

The best part is the tomato paste glaze on the top.

Next time I will make this thicker.

1 1/2 big cans not just 1.

Ok Lucy Hamilton tonight I will have the last of my homemade meatloaf so I am going to reheat it with turkey gravy this time and serve it over mashed potatoes for which the potatoes are boiling now. Also some frozen beans and okra with it too heated in the gravy with the meat.

For fruit for dessert some blueberries and nuts.

Cranberry juice to drink (my no-alcohol rule for Sundays is in effect or I would have some Sangria too).

That hits most of the food groups --

- meat

- carbs

- vegies

- fruit with fiber

- fruit drinks with vitamins and antioxidants

- gravy with some olive oil in it for lipids.

Yum !!!

Cuisses_de_Grenouille_au_beurre_cuisson_t.800.jpg

Into my beans I put 1lb ground Chuck, 2 hot Italian sausages, and 1/2 lb of cooked bacon. :D

Being I pulled some breasts out to thaw this AM, I guess I feel like chicken tonight.

What's it going to be?

I'm thinking chicken with drop dumplings and greens.

Last edited:
Into my beans I put 1lb ground Chuck, 2 hot Italian sausages, and 1/2 lb of cooked bacon. :D

Being I pulled some breasts out to thaw this AM, I guess I feel like chicken tonight.

What's it going to be?

I'm thinking chicken with drop dumplings and greens.
Hello, Frog leg taste a lot like chicken !

My infamous chili, with ground turkey, two kinds of sausages and a ridiculous amount of peppers. Bell, jalapeño and cayenne. With short-grain Egyptian rice. Bubbling on stove right now.

Bubble bubble, toil but no trubble...

And no beans, right!

They come before the word "with". Half pinto, half black. Thought about tossing in Kidneys but didn't.

It was very meaty. I had tossed some rubbery meatballs in there too.

Yuck. You ruined a perfectly good chili with beans. :(

My infamous chili, with ground turkey, two kinds of sausages and a ridiculous amount of peppers. Bell, jalapeño and cayenne. With short-grain Egyptian rice. Bubbling on stove right now.

And no beans, right!

They come before the word "with". Half pinto, half black. Thought about tossing in Kidneys but didn't.

My version of chili (it's my favorite)

2 lbs hamburger-type stuff
1 lb hot sausage, Italian is optimal
1/2 green pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
4 cloves garlic diced
2 lbs kidney beans, 1 lb pinto
2 whole tomatoes
4 pieces of bacon (precooked)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
7 of them little peppers while cooking, then fish them out
Oh, 3 tbsp chili powder

That's it.

And no beans, right!

I uh, don't think there's such a thing as chili without beans....

If you mean the rubbery meatballs, hey I had to use 'em up.

Tonight though, I made my famous vegetable-rice thingy proudly ripped off from a Middle Eastern restaurant. Steamed zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, bell pepper, peas, string beans and new twist asparagus, dumped into a bed of tomato, onion and a litany of Indian spices, mixed with brown rice and layered/topped with mozarella and feta cheeses, and then lightly baked.

Why You Em, YUM.

And no beans, right!

1/2 green pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
4 cloves garlic diced
2 whole tomatoes
Oh, 3 tbsp chili powder

That's it.

Sounds very good, except for two things:
-- cream of mushroom soup :wtf: and
--- no fishing peppers out. Let 'em stew. In fact, put more in.

Can't wait for the ghost peppers to come in at the garden center in a few weeks... there'll be some hot chili in the old town then. :rock:

And no beans, right!

1/2 green pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
4 cloves garlic diced
2 whole tomatoes
Oh, 3 tbsp chili powder

That's it.

I put in red peppers and no beans and tomato puree instead of tomatoes. For some heat, use dried habanaro chili pepper seeds (you only need a little bit - man are those HOT!), and I use some ancho chili powder and regular chili powder. I also put in a spoonful of instant coffee. Onions, garlic, of course. I like to use stew meat in my chili instead of hamburger though. I've never had it with Italian sausage either. I will definitely give that a try! :)

Bacon and cream of mushroom soup huh? That's interesting.

And no beans, right!

Tonight though, I made my famous vegetable-rice thingy proudly ripped off from a Middle Eastern restaurant. Steamed zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot, bell pepper, peas, string beans and new twist asparagus, dumped into a bed of tomato, onion and a litany of Indian spices, mixed with brown rice and layered/topped with mozarella and feta cheeses, and then lightly baked.

Why You Em, YUM.

Beans are just a filler, and why rubbery meatballs? Lol.

The Great Chili Debate: Beans or No Beans?

And no beans, right!

Why You Em, YUM.

Unintentional. There was a sale on 'em and I had never tried 'em because they cost too much. Once I sampled 'em I didn't care to go back for more bargains, but I had to use up what I had.

Mind you, I don't know from experience what rubber meatballs actually taste like, but tactilictacally that's what they resembled.

And no beans, right!

Why You Em, YUM.

Unintentional. There was a sale on 'em and I had never tried 'em because they cost too much. Once I sampled 'em I didn't care to go back for more bargains, but I had to use up what I had.

Mind you, I don't know from experience what rubber meatballs actually taste like, but tactilictacally that's what they resembled.

I overcooked some meatballs once, and they were like rocks! :lol:

Forum List

Back