What did you have for dinner?

Tonight I made a London Broil -this is not usually my favorite cut of meat, mainly because it can be very tough! But a chef friend of mine told me that if I use a brine solution it would tenderize the steak and it's less than half the price of a good beef tenderloin...so I said what the hell I'll give it a try.

I used a brine solution of water, molasses, and lots of kosher salt. I applied a generous amount of the salt directly to the steak, rubbing it on both sides. Then completely covered the steak with the water and a 1/4 cup of molasses (plus a little more salt!) I then let the meat soak in the brine for about 2 hours. Then I pat dried it with paper towels and let it stand at room temp for another hour and half.

Meanwhile I heated up the Himalayan Salt Stone on the BBQ grill- slowly raising the temperature over the course of about 1 hour until the stone was around 600F. if you've never used one of these salt stones- you've got to! It imparts a mild bit of sat flavor and is very easy to use. The real reason I love it though, is because it cooks the steak so evenly and with no flare ups.

Just before cooking on the stone I coated both sides of the steak with Avocado oil- then I cooked for 4 minutes per side (it was a pretty big steak- almost 2 lbs)

I then let it sit on the plate covered in a Foil tent for about 7-8 minutes before slicing it.

It came out perfectly tender and medium rare. Served with steamed broccoli, steamed white potatoes, a grilled tomato, and some baked beans.

A protein powerhouse!!

I had a piece of Blueberry pie with Vanilla Custard for dessert about an hour later.....

I was being nice to begin with but you are being an asshole.
Why don't you just throw up and tell me what the fuck you are trying to imply Pogo.
Actually in the past I thought we were nice at each other. You surely disappointed me.

What in the wide world of fuck are you even talking about??

Defcon brought up "asshole". That's his thing.
You've made 172 posts telling me you didn't get a lame joke. ENOUGH ALREADY. We moved on.

So this is what happens, when I make no post in this thread yesterday huh?

Pogo and Charwin :meow:

I cannot leave you two unattended now....okay, so this :meow: stop it, this is an order :whip:

Actually I was caught surprised but that's okay..... will move on. hug.

I like you and Pogo and all the :meow: was very confusing to me, hey don't you think I get confused enough? :itsok:

I expect updates now on your dinner darling :smiliehug:

Not half as confusing as it was to me :wtf:

Anyways I made my famous Mexican chili, since the other thread kept talking about it.

Damn good too.

What other thread? The Gluten Free one?

Going to try and implement Sous Vide into my fishing/shooting trip in the boonies this weekend.
Going to Sous Vide three N.Y. strips tomorrow evening and sear em over a mesquite fire for dinner on Friday night with some coal cooked sweet potatoes and russets.

That sounds very lovely.

If you havent tried Sous Vide beef I strongy suggest you give it a go.
The perfect degree of doneness and flavor are just incredible!!
Finish them in a table spoon of beef tallow to char and a melted black truffle butter douching and it's pure heaven.

It sounds good, maybe we try this and I think it'd be nice with some chocolate sauce on it also!

Going to try and implement Sous Vide into my fishing/shooting trip in the boonies this weekend.
Going to Sous Vide three N.Y. strips tomorrow evening and sear em over a mesquite fire for dinner on Friday night with some coal cooked sweet potatoes and russets.

That sounds very lovely.

Finish them in a table spoon of beef tallow to char and a melted black truffle butter douching and it's pure heaven.

It sounds good, maybe we try this and I think it'd be nice with some chocolate sauce on it also!

It sounds so good that I'm going to try it!

I'll just use a ziplock bag.

That sounds very lovely.

Crazy Ass Women !!! .......and their pregnancies.

That sounds very lovely.

For the chocolate sauce or the beef?

Tonight I made a London Broil -this is not usually my favorite cut of meat, mainly because it can be very tough! But a chef friend of mine told me that if I use a brine solution it would tenderize the steak and it's less than half the price of a good beef tenderloin...so I said what the hell I'll give it a try.

I used a brine solution of water, molasses, and lots of kosher salt. I applied a generous amount of the salt directly to the steak, rubbing it on both sides. Then completely covered the steak with the water and a 1/4 cup of molasses (plus a little more salt!) I then let the meat soak in the brine for about 2 hours. Then I pat dried it with paper towels and let it stand at room temp for another hour and half.

Meanwhile I heated up the Himalayan Salt Stone on the BBQ grill- slowly raising the temperature over the course of about 1 hour until the stone was around 600F. if you've never used one of these salt stones- you've got to! It imparts a mild bit of sat flavor and is very easy to use. The real reason I love it though, is because it cooks the steak so evenly and with no flare ups.

Just before cooking on the stone I coated both sides of the steak with Avocado oil- then I cooked for 4 minutes per side (it was a pretty big steak- almost 2 lbs)

I then let it sit on the plate covered in a Foil tent for about 7-8 minutes before slicing it.

It came out perfectly tender and medium rare. Served with steamed broccoli, steamed white potatoes, a grilled tomato, and some baked beans.

A protein powerhouse!!

I had a piece of Blueberry pie with Vanilla Custard for dessert about an hour later.....

Brining can make all the difference. Especially when you're talking poultry,I wont do a turkey whether it's fried,smoked or baked if it hasn't been brined for at least 24 hours.

That sounds very lovely.

The beef!

That sounds very lovely.

The beef!

Yeah...freezer bags work just fine...

What in the wide world of fuck are you even talking about??

Defcon brought up "asshole". That's his thing.
You've made 172 posts telling me you didn't get a lame joke. ENOUGH ALREADY. We moved on.

I cannot leave you two unattended now....okay, so this :meow: stop it, this is an order :whip:

I like you and Pogo and all the :meow: was very confusing to me, hey don't you think I get confused enough? :itsok:

Anyways I made my famous Mexican chili, since the other thread kept talking about it.

Damn good too.

Yeah. The one you ..... abandoned :crybaby:

Damn good too.

Yeah. The one you ..... abandoned :crybaby:

Oh :eusa_doh:Not intentional though.

What did you have for dinner? I had Penne pasta, with mixture of tomatoes, black olives, chocolate fudge sauce, mayonnaise, marshmallows and salt and brown sugar....all together mixed, good stuff :smoke:

We have these Easter Eggs, large Chocolate eggs and inside each different types of miniature cup cakes:

decorated_egg_large.jpg

Hotdogs. With cheese and ketchup.

Shadow 355
......don't forget the donuts!!!!

Usually for breakfast with a bottle of milk.

I stop at a quick mart of a morning for two donuts.

My neck used to "Creak" and "Make a Grinding sound" when I turned my neck left and right. It still does it occasionally, but not as frequent. This all within the past five to six months, especially in my bedroom when I got ready to go to sleep.

So I started drinking milk. Milk has alleviated the problem, but not completely, even though I have been and regularly take Centrum vitamins. I did not know if the problem was a vitamin / mineral thing, or a medical problem....spinal.

Shadow 355

Nothing like a good steak, salad with Ranch dressing, a cold bottle of beer.....and a good movie on the TV. I do this sometimes :) .

Shadow 355

Last night we had pizza and hot wings at home. This morning I'm paying for it

Where's the ice cream?

-Geaux

Forum List

Back