What did Joe Biden do to cause so much inflation, and what should Joe Biden do to curb inflation?

Clearly you don't know what I'm talking about: Quantitative Easing, the Fed's purchasing of about $9 trillion in shit assets to prop up the economy under Obama and Trump. As we know, Trump also begged the Fed for even MORE, even though it was inflationary and he didn't care.

And, in 2019, the NY Fed had to pour another $2 trillion into short term credit markets because they froze up.

That's what happened.

Quantitative Easing, the Fed's purchasing of about $9 trillion in shit assets

Which of their assets were "shit"?

And, in 2019, the NY Fed had to pour another $2 trillion into short term credit markets

The NY Fed didn't add $2 trillion in 2019. IIRC, less than $100 billion.

How much did they pour in under Biden?

Quantitative Easing, the Fed's purchasing of about $9 trillion in shit assets

Which of their assets were "shit"?

And, in 2019, the NY Fed had to pour another $2 trillion into short term credit markets

The NY Fed didn't add $2 trillion in 2019. IIRC, less than $100 billion.

How much did they pour in under Biden?
I'm done trying to educate you people.

Look it up. Or don't. I don't care.

What is the number of the excecutive order you wish me to see? Is it still in effect? Or are you just rattling?
Frankly I have been supplying you with articles explaining this. I do not understand why when one googles Biden executive orders, you get a ration of bullshit.

I have looked up executive orders in the past many times. Then it was simple to read them. Now there seems to be a cloak of silence around Biden's orders.

More from an article:

But in the last few years, investors have been making clear to oil producers that they should not sink money into additional drilling in pursuit of the next oil boom. Instead, they want companies to pay back investors.

ENERGY

Some CEOs Are Hearing A New Message: Act On Climate, Or We'll Cut Your Pay

Exploration and production companies have responded by recording explosive dividend growth. According to the Morningstar U.S. Market Index, the average dividend in dollars per share has grown from $14 in 2018 to $40 in 2021, an increase of more than 180%.

"Energy companies were very afraid to ramp production because they were going to get punished by investors," said Morris, of data provider Alerian.

And it's those same investors that may now prevent oil companies from boosting production too much, even as others push for a "drill, baby, drill" approach.

See, that's the problem. You seem to think you're some kind of master economist because you've mastered grade school math. You've constructed your own economic theories that, at best, amount to repeating fancy word you've heard people say over the years.
Nah, I'm not an expert, but, part of my income is affected by interest rates through Bonds and Treasuries that
I buy and sell. So, I know just enough about what moves the needle.

If you are paying 12%, then you have a lousy credit score. :smoke:
That solves the mystery why lots of people are complaining about the cost of a loan. Now, what should Biden do for people with a lousy credit score?

That solves the mystery why lots of people are complaining about the cost of a loan. Now, what should Biden do for people with a lousy credit score?
Well, to be honest, interest rate are higher now because of the prime rate by the feds.
Having said that, why is it up to the government do something for those who have lousy credit scores?
Is it the governments job? The person with the lousy score has bad credit for a reason.....they don't pay, or they don't pay on time.

Construction is already underway, with about 800 employees and contractors at work on the project, according to the company. I am pretty sure the construction and drilling come first. Have you written Conoco-Phillips to complain, or just complaining to me?
View attachment 879118
Exploration rig operating under Trump.

Very recent report by ConocoPhillips below ...

ConocoPhillips Makes Final Investment Decision to Develop the Willow Project​

DECEMBER 22, 2023
Download .PDF
HOUSTON – ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) announced today that it will move forward with development of the Willow project in Alaska. This Final Investment Decision approves the project and funds construction needed to reach first oil. The decision follows the Department of the Interior March 2023 Record of Decision and recent positive court orders, including this week’s Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denial of plaintiffs’ request for an injunction.
“We are excited to reach this significant milestone,” said Ryan Lance, chairman and chief executive officer. “With this project authorization, we’ve begun winter construction and Alaskans have started to receive the benefits from responsible energy development.”
According to the Bureau of Land Management, the Willow project is projected to deliver $8 billion to $17 billion in new revenue for the federal government, the state of Alaska and Alaska Native communities. When completed, Willow is estimated to produce approximately 600 million barrels across the lifetime of the project, decreasing American dependence on foreign energy supplies. Designed to support and coexist with subsistence activities on Alaska’s North Slope, the Willow project underwent five years of rigorous regulatory and environmental review. Willow will be built using materials primarily made and sourced in the U.S. and has the potential to create over 2,500 construction jobs and approximately 300 long-term jobs.

Low credit scores are earned by consumers. To interfere in this you suggest by Biden is or should be prohibited.

Well, to be honest, interest rate are higher now because of the prime rate by the feds.
Having said that, why is it up to the government do something for those who have lousy credit scores?
Is it the governments job? The person with the lousy score has bad credit for a reason.....they don't pay, or they don't pay on time.
But that's the premise of this thread, that Biden needs to do something about inflation or whatever the reason is for the higher cost of pretty much everything. Like if your mortgage rate is too high - what's Joe doing about it. Same if you feel your paying too much for a rib roast - what's Biden doing about that.
It's just stupid. The only explanation I can come up with is that Trump has you guys convinced that a president has some super powers.

Nah, I'm not an expert, but, part of my income is affected by interest rates through Bonds and Treasuries that
I buy and sell. So, I know just enough about what moves the needle.

But you don't. You seem to think that any increase in the public debt equates to an increase in inflation. This is patently false. You also seem to be implying that any increase in public debt also translates into a increase in interest rates, which is also false.

But that's the premise of this thread, that Biden needs to do something about inflation or whatever the reason is for the higher cost of pretty much everything. Like if your mortgage rate is too high - what's Joe doing about it. Same if you feel your paying too much for a rib roast - what's Biden doing about that.
It's just stupid. The only explanation I can come up with is that Trump has you guys convinced that a president has some super powers.
You have me confused with someone else. I've said that the last three presidents created this mess by spending too much.
Read my post 25.

Now that Biden is the president, he needs to be the one to spend less. This will be a start to bring down the interest rates.

You have me confused with someone else. I've said that the last three presidents created this mess by spending too much.
Read my post 25.

Now that Biden is the president, he needs to be the one to spend less. This will be a start to bring down the interest rates.
Spend less on what?

But you don't. You seem to think that any increase in the public debt equates to an increase in inflation. This is patently false. You also seem to be implying that any increase in public debt also translates into a increase in interest rates, which is also false.
It's a hallmark of the dangerously stupid to come up with easy solutions to complex problems that all the experts somehow missed.

No, you are stating what you think I am saying, and you're wrong (not surprising, you have an agenda) . The problem is that the fed reserve has infused trillions
of non existent dollars into our economy over the last15 years. And, you have it backwards with inflation and public debt (Not surprising).
As price of products (or whatever) increase through inflation that puts pressure on the consumer.
Could you PM the business your part of? I want to make sure I don't invest in it. Thanks in advance.

Forum List

Back