CDZ What choice have folks who find Trump detestable and Mrs. Clinton unacceptable?

Most of those city races are non-partisan. Not ALLOWED to list party identification on promotional material.
come on, im talking about a major city. Let's see how libertarian policies work. My gut says most people would confuse libertarian with no rules or regulations and we'd have some initial problems.

:biggrin:

Meet the Libertarian Mayor of a Thriving Colorado City Who Owns ‘A Castle, a Strip Club, and a Church’

It ain't as hard as you think. Fired 20% of staff, moved the city from BB bond rating to AA in one term..

??? Seriously? You are actually attempting to extoll and extrapolate the merits of Libertarianism based on the merits of a mayor who effectively managed a town of ~4200 people and that but for its proximity to Denver likely would cease to exist. I can't even find a CAFR for the place or even a simple delineation of its sources of revenue.

To put in perspective what it takes to manage a town of ~4200 people, consider that a facilities manager at a sports arena has many of the same challenges and has to manage them for tens of thousands of people at a time. I can assure you that folks who can do that, regardless of what political philosophies they ascribe to, are able to that successfully.

That the mayor of Glendale, CO is able to manage his city is, though a good thing, hardly a resounding illustration of the merit of Libertarian doctrine, notwithstanding the repeal of obsolete and absurd pool table and other laws.

Well, one option is to not vote. The other currently existing option most likely will be Gary Johnson who will be on every ballot in the U.S.
I once was a Libertarian. I don't generally consider voting for a Lib, but suddenly I find myself having no choice but to consider the Libertarian candidate as I'm not keen enough on Mrs. Clinton's platform to commit now to voting for her and it's not likely Mr. Sanders will get the nomination.

Given that it's essentially too late for anyone else -- even if they have the ~$10M it costs to do so -- to register and actually get on all the ballots in the nation, Mr. Johnson is the only plausible alternative, unless one considers as plausible the possibility that the nation's dissatisfied voters will write in a person on their ballots and 50% +1 of voters do so, and they all write the same name. I don't know about you, but I'm not counting on that.

So what do you think of Gov. Johnson?
Imma gonna set this one out and watch the world burn...

:biggrin:

Meet the Libertarian Mayor of a Thriving Colorado City Who Owns ‘A Castle, a Strip Club, and a Church’

It ain't as hard as you think. Fired 20% of staff, moved the city from BB bond rating to AA in one term..

??? Seriously? You are actually attempting to extoll and extrapolate the merits of Libertarianism based on the merits of a mayor who effectively managed a town of ~4200 people and that but for its proximity to Denver likely would cease to exist. I can't even find a CAFR for the place or even a simple delineation of its sources of revenue.

To put in perspective what it takes to manage a town of ~4200 people, consider that a facilities manager at a sports arena has many of the same challenges and has to manage them for tens of thousands of people at a time. I can assure you that folks who can do that, regardless of what political philosophies they ascribe to, are able to that successfully.

That the mayor of Glendale, CO is able to manage his city is, though a good thing, hardly a resounding illustration of the merit of Libertarian doctrine, notwithstanding the repeal of obsolete and absurd pool table and other laws.

Did you see the smilie face? It was sarcasm. Just last week we got a Libertarian seat in the House of Representatives.. Won't last long, because the guy is retiring. But it's very symbolic. Because all those Congress Critters are political prisoners of the 4 people that CONTROL Congress for their parties. They are impotent, muzzled, and chained by the party bosses. The elected OFFICIALS want out of the deal. In the last 18 months we also picked up 6 or 8 defectors in State Houses.

I don't NEED to cite a flamboyant mayor of a small city. I can cite 2 governors that performed well in states hostile to their party and got RE-elected. It's a qualified ticket. And it's the best way to slow down and halt the partisan death match that's gonna take us all down with it.

Can also cite the wonderful libertarian orgs that do wonderful work on MEANINGFUL policy development and Civil Liberties protection. The Cato Institute and the Inst. for Justice. They've innovated many things that have advanced to policy and widespread practical application.

So what do you think of Gov. Johnson?

I don't support him, not with Jill Stein as a possibility. I was a Bernie fan, but he's no longer an option. Jill was closest to him.

I probably will vote for Dr. Stein, but this time round that's because there's no way Trump will win D.C.'s electoral votes. Were I to live in a "battleground" state, there's no way I'd vote for a non-major party candidate...Too much risk of throwing the election into the House of Representatives, in which Trump will almost certainly become President, though there's a chance Mr. Johnson could win. Frankly, this time round, it's "anyone but Trump" as far as I'm concerned.

Forum List

Back