what can you teach me about war?

The United States was attacked without provocation on December 7, 1941 and after about four years and incredible casualties the greatest Country in the world prevailed and brought the AXIS and the Nazi regime to their knees. Was it worth it? Was the defense of international freedom and the security of the American way of life worth the sacrifice?

The Japanese attacked china and a few other places in the Orient. The US was the main supplier of steel, iron, food and fuel to Japan. We started shutting off the taps. The Japanese needed those other places in Asia for their resources that they depended on the US for. The Japanese was the best customer the US had for scrap iron until December 8th, 1941. The Tap started to be shut down in 1937 when Japan invaded China. There was provocation on both sides. Japan needed to cripple the USN in the Pacific in order to accomplish their expansion. They did exactly that.

'Japan had a choice or series of choices but the US didn't really have any other choice after December 7th, 1941.

To say the Japanese attacked without provocation just isn't true. FDR had to make people think that in order to get the whole country behind the new war effort.
Wow. The tap was closed because of their aggressive behavior in attacking China, which they did rather brutally. To say they had no choice in the matter is ignorant beyond comprehension. You act like a thief that had no choice than to shoot you because you didn't hand over your wallet.

You sound like a friggin troll. It matters little if I agree with their actions or our. It's about history that neither of us can change. It all depends what side your view is on. The US thought it was right by their treatment of the Cherokee, the Germans thought they were right with the invasion of Poland, How about the treatment by the British in India, or the French in North Africa. Each time, the offending countries citizen agreed with it's action. Does it make it right? No. Does it make it wrong? Depends on who you are asking.
You're full of shit. The Japanese invaded China, brutally as I said. ....

You really think fdr gave a crap about Chinese lives? He didn't give a crap about AMERICAN lives.

OP, don't have a news letter. I have something better. How about a Military Site with quite a few historical videos. I could use some help to make it better though. Log in, register and let me set you up so you can directly contribute in the Editorial part.

I see those that don't pay attention to history and also those that don't learn from it. Maybe we all should learn the history of war and learn from it.

The United States was attacked without provocation on December 7, 1941 and after about four years and incredible casualties the greatest Country in the world prevailed and brought the AXIS and the Nazi regime to their knees. Was it worth it? Was the defense of international freedom and the security of the American way of life worth the sacrifice?

The Japanese attacked china and a few other places in the Orient. The US was the main supplier of steel, iron, food and fuel to Japan. We started shutting off the taps. The Japanese needed those other places in Asia for their resources that they depended on the US for. The Japanese was the best customer the US had for scrap iron until December 8th, 1941. The Tap started to be shut down in 1937 when Japan invaded China. There was provocation on both sides. Japan needed to cripple the USN in the Pacific in order to accomplish their expansion. They did exactly that.

'Japan had a choice or series of choices but the US didn't really have any other choice after December 7th, 1941.

To say the Japanese attacked without provocation just isn't true. FDR had to make people think that in order to get the whole country behind the new war effort.
Wow. The tap was closed because of their aggressive behavior in attacking China, which they did rather brutally. To say they had no choice in the matter is ignorant beyond comprehension. You act like a thief that had no choice than to shoot you because you didn't hand over your wallet.

You sound like a friggin troll. It matters little if I agree with their actions or our. It's about history that neither of us can change. It all depends what side your view is on. The US thought it was right by their treatment of the Cherokee, the Germans thought they were right with the invasion of Poland, How about the treatment by the British in India, or the French in North Africa. Each time, the offending countries citizen agreed with it's action. Does it make it right? No. Does it make it wrong? Depends on who you are asking.

You really think fdr gave a crap about Chinese lives? He didn't give a crap about AMERICAN lives.
So give us your conspiracy theory.

That's it.

That's it.
FDR started the embargo because he didn't care about the Chinese or Americans? Your conspiracy needs a little filling in.

That's it.
FDR started the embargo because he didn't care about the Chinese or Americans? .

That's not what I said.

That's it.
FDR started the embargo because he didn't care about the Chinese or Americans? .

That's not what I said.
Then I have no idea what your point was.

Daryl Hunt, I registered at and previewed your site and I will think about it.

OP, don't have a news letter. I have something better. How about a Military Site with quite a few historical videos. I could use some help to make it better though. Log in, register and let me set you up so you can directly contribute in the Editorial part.

I see those that don't pay attention to history and also those that don't learn from it. Maybe we all should learn the history of war and learn from it.
I've registered on your site but will be following it on Feedly which isn't listed in your RSS feed.

Daryl Hunt,

If someone was giving up everything to help the poor I wouldn't want to stop them. Likewise, the military I think tries very hard to be good. They want to be good. I don't want to criticize such a massive effort. I'm not going to editorialize on your board. Thank you everybody.

Dealing with the OP.

Men have fought one another from beyond known history. I'm certain the first to be considered homo sapiens fought over territory.

It is a basic trait to want more than what you have and be jealous of those who do.

It is also a basic trait to wish power over others and there are those who use whatever tactics that work to do so. Thus, many use the right to rule as decreed by the gods.

Give them bread and games worked for a very long time, strictly enforced by probably one of the best militarys in history.

I never met someone who truly enjoys war but am also aware of a special class of military who thrive on the high they get from being in action and "on the edge." (These are usually the ones who blow themselves away when the thrill is gone.)

The worst part of my life was killing another human being. I was deemed not at fault but that did not then or still does not today 4+ decades later ease the feeling of guilt.

We take our oaths seriously and do what we are told, whether we like it or not. It is probably why so many of us tend to be active - especially as voters.

That's it.

That's not what I said.
Then I have no idea what your point was.

Ok

Daryl Hunt,

If someone was giving up everything to help the poor I wouldn't want to stop them. Likewise, the military I think tries very hard to be good. They want to be good. I don't want to criticize such a massive effort. I'm not going to editorialize on your board. Thank you everybody.

Thought I would give you the chance. If what is being criticised is true then it's each of our duty to do so. If it's made up, it's our duty to point that out as well. Facts are a wonderful thing. The problem is, many don't use facts.

War is when all reasonable diplomatic options lead to no results.

War is to kill and/or break the will of the enemy.

War can be for personal reasons. When I worked a Metropolitan EMS - my last job ; I was a Paramedic student in the Northwest sector.

To monitor me and to gain info to be used against me - the EMS station I worked out of was " Bugged " ( Covert surveillance. )

My partner would set on the couch to my left, and talk on the phone while keeping her eyes on the tv , instead of looking around the room. When she done that, the person talking to her was talking about me.

Working the west sector . I was working with another male Paramedic as a partner. In the winter months - When I was with a patient in the back of the ambulance I stuffed my coat against the glass between the passenger compartment and the patient compartment - because I believed their was covert cameras in the passenger compartment that could see into the patient compartment where I was treating the patient .

When I was at a club in the south sector, one lawyers daughter had received a political appointment. Her dad , a lawyer and former police officer walked toward me ..... He was slightly to my left. His hands in his pants pockets under his jacket , when he seem me he turned his head and walked away from me. He knew I was under surveillance and so he overtly avoided me. ** he should have said hello and then move on , to help keep from preventing me knowing ( I already knew though ) I was under surveillance. **. Bad lawyer tactic .

Shadow 355

Daryl, I don't know what to say.

I can imagine being an emperor who wanted my "crazy" views in practice. That would be extraordinary to watch. So I may be lucky to not be a king. But the fact that I always stand up for what I think makes me a lightning rod anyway. People always notice what I say and do.

I want to treat the subject in a deeper vein from who's "right" and "wrong". I just want to look for the ways to help everybody out and since I don't know enough it would probably be a negative campaign.

Last edited:
Daryl, I don't know what to say.

I can imagine being an emperor who wanted my "crazy" views in practice. That would be extraordinary to watch. So I may be lucky to not be a king. But the fact that I always stand up for what I think makes me a lightning rod anyway. People always notice what I say and do.

I want to treat the subject in a deeper vein from who's "right" and "wrong". I just want to look for the ways to help everybody out and since I don't know enough it would probably be a negative campaign.

History is already written. The problem is, it's written by the victors. When you look at the other side you may get another point of view. You man not agree with those views but to them, it was justified. Sort of like, the Civil War was about slavery. No,, that was thrown into the mess. It was about economics. The South provided the natural resources while the North turned it into goods and shipped the goods back to the south. This was also the primary reason for the Revolutionary War.

In History, we look at all sides but don't take any sides.

At least I can say that I've never been afraid of terrorism, or been racist.:eusa_angel: OK I was racist for a tiny while. Sorry.

First off you need a deck of cards.

The deck is divided evenly among the players, giving each a down stack. In unison, each player reveals the top card of their deck – this is a "battle" – and the player with the higher card takes both of the cards played and moves them to their stack.

If the two cards played are of equal value, then there is a "war".Both players place the next card (or three) of their pile face down, depending on the variant, and then another card face-up. The owner of the higher face-up card wins the war and adds all six (or ten) cards on the table to the bottom of their deck. If the face-up cards are again equal then the battle repeats with another set of face-down/up cards. This repeats until one player's face-up card is higher than their opponent's.

That's pretty much it.

Forum List

Back