What brand Vehicle do you have

WHat Vehicle(s) do you own

• Total voters
Mazda 6. No repairs to speak of, beyond accident. Change oil and drive. The way it should be.

Well that was hard. We have a Ford collectable truck, which we drive often half of the year, then our others we drive all the time, between my wife and I. So, 2 Fords, 1 GM, 1 Jeep and three bikes, a Honda, a Yamaha and my daily ride most months, a Kymco Scooter. The best all around we have owned hands down frankly was a Toyota.

I bought American...a Ford Ranger.

Designed by MAZDA by Japanese engineers, parts made by Japanese labor, but assembled in America by Americans for Americans.

God Bless the United States of Libertopia

'nuff said...

3053002606_0579f1bd5a_o.jpg

errrrr! isn't a Rav-4 a Toyota? the boys bought mustangs and they rattled just like the pieces of junk they were..one took a perfectly nice brand new truck I helped him buy and traded the damn thing on a sporty little mustang a used one at that and paid through the nose for it... pissed me off big time.
Most rattle because the previous owner installed some after market parts or hacked the interior putting in a stereo or crashed it and it wasn't fixed right. I had a '98 that I bought new for $19K, GT 5speed in Laser Red. It was a solid car with a very rigid chassis that rode beautiful and the only noise was that incredible V8 exhaust note. I drove it 40k miles and sold it or $13k, so it kept its value nicely. The couple that bought it spent months looking for a red Mustang and finally found one that wasn't hacked up.

Attachments

• $crop mustang 6-7-01.jpg
    $crop mustang 6-7-01.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
I am forced to own my Ford Explorer gas guzzler because I still owe three years on it. I went for the gas guzzler because before that I had a little tiny car and people kept hitting me. I was afraid. I felt safer in a BIG truck. I didn't think about the environment, I didn't' think about cost of gas, I thought about living.

The last time I was hit with my little car I was on the Long Island Expressway. a GIANT BOX TRUCK did not see me in the right hand lane as he moved into my lane to get off the LIE. Somehow I ended up in front of his grill facing sideways. I had glass all over my body, a grill in my face and I saw my life flash in front of me. Suddenly it was quiet. The driver had finally stopped. I was alive and shocked. I got out of the car and my tires had disintegrated. The truck had pushed my car sideways in front of him 200 feet. The LIE was at a standstill and people just stared at me.

I bought a truck.

doing well the last few years Andrew?

I get employee pricing on the beamer's because my father and brother work for them. So it really isn't expensive.

I got the denali cause I love it, my wife drives the 335I and I drive the X3 and Denali. As you can see I am one of those earth killing suv driving pricks.

Next car I get is get the X5 hybrid that comes out

I am forced to own my Ford Explorer gas guzzler because I still owe three years on it. I went for the gas guzzler because before that I had a little tiny car and people kept hitting me. I was afraid. I felt safer in a BIG truck. I didn't think about the environment, I didn't' think about cost of gas, I thought about living.

The last time I was hit with my little car I was on the Long Island Expressway. a GIANT BOX TRUCK did not see me in the right hand lane as he moved into my lane to get off the LIE. Somehow I ended up in front of his grill facing sideways. I had glass all over my body, a grill in my face and I saw my life flash in front of me. Suddenly it was quiet. The driver had finally stopped. I was alive and shocked. I got out of the car and my tires had disintegrated. The truck had pushed my car sideways in front of him 200 feet. The LIE was at a standstill and people just stared at me.

I bought a truck.

That's a hell of a story G. Glad to see you got through it unscathed.

When my son turned 16 I paid off the last 3 months of my 60 month loan on my '04 Explorer and gave it to him. A lot of kids were talking about hybrids back then and I explained to him that a hybrid simply takes brake energy and gives it back to you, but only under 35 mph and only about 30%. So if you can drive without using the brake you'll actually get better fuel mileage. Now he and his friends practice timing traffic lights, carrying momentum through turns, and keeping far back from the car in front. He's averaging over 20mpg and he mainly only drives to school and back.

Most rattle because the previous owner installed some after market parts or hacked the interior putting in a stereo or crashed it and it wasn't fixed right. I had a '98 that I bought new for $19K, GT 5speed in Laser Red. It was a solid car with a very rigid chassis that rode beautiful and the only noise was that incredible V8 exhaust note. I drove it 40k miles and sold it or $13k, so it kept its value nicely. The couple that bought it spent months looking for a red Mustang and finally found one that wasn't hacked up.

You have to admit (and it pains me to say this) that from the late 70's thru the early 80's Mustangs were, collectively, pieces of junk.

Introducing the 1980 Ford Mustang:

1980.jpg

poop

You have to admit (and it pains me to say this) that from the late 70's thru the early 80's Mustangs were, collectively, pieces of junk.

1980.jpg

poop

1979 was the first year of the Fox chassis in the Mustang which was an excellent design, and began the start of getting the car back into a performance platform. I had an 85 TBird that had an extended version of this chassis, along with the rear "quad shock" suspension, and with a few minor tweaks could corner at 0.88G. I had a friend with a Beemer back then and he dreaded finding me in his rear view mirror.

Last edited:

1980.jpg

poop

That's the uglist thing I've ever seen, next to a Ford Pinto!

Forum List

Back