What black people think about racism

Significance:

Shelby County v. Holder is a landmark decision because it invalidated a way to combat jurisdictions that had a history of discrimination in voting. Not surprisingly, in the few short years following the decision, voter-identification laws that make voting harder for poor people, people of color, and elderly people, have been moving forward in a number of States.

I'm not getting it. Why does asking people to have ID restrict their voting? and if it did, it would also restrict old poor white people at the same rate. There is so much time between elections... years. How is it that they will suddenly be suprised and unable to vote?

This is not about asking for id's and voter fraud was non existent. If you cannot see the coincidence in the sudden claim of voter fraud and the election of a black president , then I don't know what to tell you.

Strict North Carolina Voter ID Law Thwarted After Supreme Court Rejects Case

I'm no expert on who has committed voter fraud but even so, still seems to me there were complaints about voter fraud in previous elections with Bush. So because a President is African American, you cant attack him politically without it being racist? every other president has been attacked from Jimmy carter all the way to Trump in disparaging and mean ways.
I didn't like the fact Obama came out early in his presidency and said Americans have had it too good for too long and that the cost of energy was going to necessarily skyrocket. I'm sure you remember those quotes.
Thankfully his plan didn't work out and we were still able to produce affordable energy. That would have hurt the poorest Americans the hardest. Also didn't like the way he and the other Dems snuck health care through on us.
Is being critical of him being racist? I don't think so. Still I accepted him as my president.
So much of this is only opinions like your own that it was all about racism. Seems to me that in politics one's race can also be used as the ultimate deflection of criticism.

The problem was not about being critical, it was about being critical of Obama for things other presidents were not criticized for. For example, I don't remember the comment you say he made, and when everything he did was criticized no matter what, then to say that race had nothingvto do with it is a lie. Obama got blamed for a dead economy he was handed by Bush. Bush spent his ass off and wasted a projected surplus but nobody protested spending, there was no tea party until Obama had to spend to save us from a depression. He named the same Czars as other presidents but suddenly Obama was a dictator naming czars. He issued fewer EO's than the president before him, but suddenly EO's were wrong and Obama was a president not a king. I can go on and on with these kinds of examples and to me when a white person declares how he doesn't think its racist to have criticized Obama, then racism was involved.

Why? Because Obama was the president and despite the totally stupid bullshit you have listened to about blacks from conservative mental midgets of all races, blacks understand that every president gets criticized. We knew whoever the first black president was they were going to catch hell. And unlike whites, we know what racism looks like when it happens. We can tell a difference between a legitimate policy disagreement than racism.

there was not only endless criticism of Bush----but even comedians tore him
to pieces VICIOUSLY-----you were just more sensitive to criticism of Obama.

You can pull some really stupid things out of your ass. Not everything is about racism. Racism is not everything. Pointing out that there are other types of discrimination other than racial discrimination in no way diminishes racial discrimination or racism.......except perhaps in the minds of those that want to attribute all their problems to racism.

Since this is the race and racism section it is about race and racism. And like I said this argument is never seen in threads about anti white discrimination. If you want to talk about something that does not involve race, this ain't the section.
And that does not change the fact that not all discrimination is race based, a fact that you called bullshit.

And it doesn't change the fact that it is an argument that was unrelated to the issue that is commonly used her to try dismiss black folks arguments about racism. It is a tactic not used in other thread when whites are talking about discrimination. And that's why it's bullshit.
Denying things that are obviously true do not help whatever argument you are trying to make.

This statement is obviously true:
there is lots of discrimination between all sorts of people based on a
multitude of factors

I am not arguing that such discrimination doesn't exist. What I am saying is that argument is only being used here to deny racism. Again, you do not bring this up in threads where whites talk about anti white racism. No matter how much you argue and no matter what you quote, the fact remains that a fat, dog, ugly white person has a better chance of being employed and promoted then a fat, dog ugly, black one.

I never came across a thread devoted to "anti-white" discrimination-----of course---
WHITE NATIONALISM PROPAGANDA exists-----and has existed for CENTURIES-------but it is not particularly "ANTI-BLACK"

Last edited:
Dear asshats this is when America was racist against blacks but today you have a weak ass argument saying that it is racist today
MalcolmonPolitics2-300x188.jpg
America is racist against blacks today. Our argument is strong, and really non debatable. Turn black then come talk.

Significance:

Shelby County v. Holder is a landmark decision because it invalidated a way to combat jurisdictions that had a history of discrimination in voting. Not surprisingly, in the few short years following the decision, voter-identification laws that make voting harder for poor people, people of color, and elderly people, have been moving forward in a number of States.

I'm not getting it. Why does asking people to have ID restrict their voting? and if it did, it would also restrict old poor white people at the same rate. There is so much time between elections... years. How is it that they will suddenly be suprised and unable to vote?

This is not about asking for id's and voter fraud was non existent. If you cannot see the coincidence in the sudden claim of voter fraud and the election of a black president , then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm no expert on who has committed voter fraud but even so, still seems to me there were complaints about voter fraud in previous elections with Bush. So because a President is African American, you cant attack him politically without it being racist? every other president has been attacked from Jimmy carter all the way to Trump in disparaging and mean ways.
I didn't like the fact Obama came out early in his presidency and said Americans have had it too good for too long and that the cost of energy was going to necessarily skyrocket. I'm sure you remember those quotes.
Thankfully his plan didn't work out and we were still able to produce affordable energy. That would have hurt the poorest Americans the hardest. Also didn't like the way he and the other Dems snuck health care through on us.
Is being critical of him being racist? I don't think so. Still I accepted him as my president.
So much of this is only opinions like your own that it was all about racism. Seems to me that in politics one's race can also be used as the ultimate deflection of criticism.

The problem was not about being critical, it was about being critical of Obama for things other presidents were not criticized for. For example, I don't remember the comment you say he made, and when everything he did was criticized no matter what, then to say that race had nothingvto do with it is a lie. Obama got blamed for a dead economy he was handed by Bush. Bush spent his ass off and wasted a projected surplus but nobody protested spending, there was no tea party until Obama had to spend to save us from a depression. He named the same Czars as other presidents but suddenly Obama was a dictator naming czars. He issued fewer EO's than the president before him, but suddenly EO's were wrong and Obama was a president not a king. I can go on and on with these kinds of examples and to me when a white person declares how he doesn't think its racist to have criticized Obama, then racism was involved.

Why? Because Obama was the president and despite the totally stupid bullshit you have listened to about blacks from conservative mental midgets of all races, blacks understand that every president gets criticized. We knew whoever the first black president was they were going to catch hell. And unlike whites, we know what racism looks like when it happens. We can tell a difference between a legitimate policy disagreement than racism.

there was not only endless criticism of Bush----but even comedians tore him
to pieces VICIOUSLY-----you were just more sensitive to criticism of Obama.

Bush started a war for no reason. Nobody was more sensitive to anything. Just learn that blacks know when things are racist. And I expect there to be whites who will disagree with me saying so.

I have to beg to differ with you there. The tea party was started by conservatives unhappy with George Bush. They felt he was was a pushover to democrats and was simply another globalist and Bush was seen to cave in to the Mexican government as well. They wanted to return back to something more in line with the constitution and original tea party was a threat to to the old line Republican party and eventually the Republicans had to reign them in which is why now you will never see a Tea party president.
They were not created out of racism towards Obama.

heres a clip of what I was talking about.

Problem with cap and trade levels of reducing C02 were unrealistic.

We didn't see tea party protests during Bush. And their opinion of what's constitutional is flimsy. Be very glad there won't be a tea party president. We had one for a governor and he screwed up the state.

As to the video, listen to it again so you understand what he was talking about. He was talking about moving off coal and the cost of refitting coal using electric companies.

They were just forming under Bush. i still remember. they were unhappy with his uncontrolled spending and considered him not much different than Liberals and Globalists in many respects. Conservatives at that point had not yet learned how to rally... it took the next election cycle to get them motivated. That happened to be the Obama election which is why some people somehow think the tea party was a reaction to having a black president. It's simply not true.

I can see how some of that could be possible but conservative were rallying during Clinton. And when tea party rallies had people with signs with Obama with a bone in his nose and other similar things, it kinds of gives it away.

Are you going to apologize to me now?

Yes. I apologize for you being such a lying racist loser. You said there were ten times the number and found just one and he hasn't even been active in this thread.

As far as honor is considered, you should not be talking of such. Honorable people WORK for the wages they are being paid instead of surfing the net to spread racial hatred.

In this thread we hope to explore how blacks feel about continuing white racism, the impact of 243 years of racist law and policy, unfixed damage caused by those policies and the psychological/physiological/sociological impact of continuing white racism on blacks. Since the default position of many here in individual debates with black members on the topic of race is always," You don't speak for all blacks because all the blacks I know agree with me," I have invited other black members of this forum to provide input on this matter.
Why do you have a victim mentality?

What is that? Please use detail as you describe what a victim mentality is.
If you feel like White racism has stopped you, then you have a victim mentality. How about the racism of blacks?
Well I haven't assumed that and that's not a victim mentality. Stating that white racism still exists is not saying white racism has stopped you. And since white racism is an actual barrier, it can stop people. It did not stop me, but the struggles I endured would have made you quit. Especially when you are the type to ask about black racism. And it gets old to read white people asking about black racism. So you go find all laws and policies past and present implemented by black, done on purpose, to deny whites of equal opportunity.

You really would be wise not to make such ignorant assumptions.

In this thread we hope to explore how blacks feel about continuing white racism, the impact of 243 years of racist law and policy, unfixed damage caused by those policies and the psychological/physiological/sociological impact of continuing white racism on blacks. Since the default position of many here in individual debates with black members on the topic of race is always," You don't speak for all blacks because all the blacks I know agree with me," I have invited other black members of this forum to provide input on this matter.

If you feel like White racism has stopped you, then you have a victim mentality. How about the racism of blacks?
Well I haven't assumed that and that's not a victim mentality. Stating that white racism still exists is not saying white racism has stopped you. And since white racism is an actual barrier, it can stop people. It did not stop me, but the struggles I endured would have made you quit. Especially when you are the type to ask about black racism. And it gets old to read white people asking about black racism. So you go find all laws and policies past and present implemented by black, done on purpose, to deny whites of equal opportunity.

bless your heart whitey is keeping you down
No you are keeping your ownself down with your poor me I am a victim of racism lol

Since this is the race and racism section it is about race and racism. And like I said this argument is never seen in threads about anti white discrimination. If you want to talk about something that does not involve race, this ain't the section.
And that does not change the fact that not all discrimination is race based, a fact that you called bullshit.

And it doesn't change the fact that it is an argument that was unrelated to the issue that is commonly used her to try dismiss black folks arguments about racism. It is a tactic not used in other thread when whites are talking about discrimination. And that's why it's bullshit.
Denying things that are obviously true do not help whatever argument you are trying to make.

This statement is obviously true:
there is lots of discrimination between all sorts of people based on a
multitude of factors

I am not arguing that such discrimination doesn't exist. What I am saying is that argument is only being used here to deny racism. Again, you do not bring this up in threads where whites talk about anti white racism. No matter how much you argue and no matter what you quote, the fact remains that a fat, dog, ugly white person has a better chance of being employed and promoted then a fat, dog ugly, black one.

I never came across a thread devoted to "anti-white" discrimination-----of course---
WHITE NATIONALISM PROPAGANDA exists-----and has existed for CENTURIES-------but it is not particularly "ANTI-BLACK"

There are all kinds of people here whining about anti white discrimination and you know it. And white nationalism is anti black.

Dear asshats this is when America was racist against blacks but today you have a weak ass argument saying that it is racist today
America is racist against blacks today. Our argument is strong, and really non debatable. Turn black then come talk.
I'm calling bullshit. I've seen racism against blacks. If you're under the age of 30 I doubt you have. My grandfather saved my aunt's father from being lynched by the klan just because they felt he was too uppity.

No you are keeping your ownself down with your poor me I am a victim of racism lol

You would be wise to not make such an ignorant assertion. But I understand, because it's all you got.

I have to beg to differ with you there. The tea party was started by conservatives unhappy with George Bush. They felt he was was a pushover to democrats and was simply another globalist and Bush was seen to cave in to the Mexican government as well. They wanted to return back to something more in line with the constitution and original tea party was a threat to to the old line Republican party and eventually the Republicans had to reign them in which is why now you will never see a Tea party president.

We didn't see tea party protests during Bush. And their opinion of what's constitutional is flimsy. Be very glad there won't be a tea party president. We had one for a governor and he screwed up the state.

As to the video, listen to it again so you understand what he was talking about. He was talking about moving off coal and the cost of refitting coal using electric companies.

They were just forming under Bush. i still remember. they were unhappy with his uncontrolled spending and considered him not much different than Liberals and Globalists in many respects. Conservatives at that point had not yet learned how to rally... it took the next election cycle to get them motivated. That happened to be the Obama election which is why some people somehow think the tea party was a reaction to having a black president. It's simply not true.

I can see how some of that could be possible but conservative were rallying during Clinton. And when tea party rallies had people with signs with Obama with a bone in his nose and other similar things, it kinds of gives it away.

Well this is the problem with joining any sort of organization. No matter what the cause, you get an organization big enough, sensational enough, you are going to attract assholes to your organization and you can be colored by their antics, even if your cause was based on good ideas in the beginning. Example, while I'm sure BLM has a core of people who just want to bring to light the fact that Black lives matter, yet we also saw members chanting to Off the pigs and fry the pigs... and there were actually cops gunned down in Dallas. So would you label BLM as a militant group who wants to kill cops? or would you just say it has some bad elements that you have to deal with because the root goals of BLM are too important to abandon? This works both ways.
Now I have never been to a political rally of any kind even once in my life. I don't have time for that, but Imagine rallies must attract a good number of people who are not normal and have more time on their hands than the average American.

You would be wise to not make such an ignorant assertion. But I understand, because it's all you got.
no it's a fact
BTW was that a threat?

I'm calling bullshit. I've seen racism against blacks. If you're under the age of 30 I doubt you have. My grandfather saved my aunt's father from being lynched by the klan just because they felt he was too uppity.

I'm 58. America is racist against blacks today. You saw overt racism. That kind of racism cannot be practice without sanction. Racism is more covert now and you know it.

I'm 58. America is racist against blacks today. You saw overt racism. That kind of racism cannot be practice without sanction. Racism is more covert now and you know it.
only in your mind wait, there is a racist behind your house did you say?
You have to have a trump decoder ring for the covert racism lol

Well this is the problem with joining any sort of organization. No matter what the cause, you get an organization big enough, sensational enough, you are going to attract assholes to your organization and you can be colored by their antics, even if your cause was based on good ideas in the beginning. Example, while I'm sure BLM has a core of people who just want to bring to light the fact that Black lives matter, yet we also saw members chanting to Off the pigs and fry the pigs... and there were actually cops gunned down in Dallas. So would you label BLM as a militant group who wants to kill cops? or would you just say it has some bad elements that you have to deal with because the root goals of BLM are too important to abandon? This works both ways.
Now I have never been to a political rally of any kind even once in my life. I don't have time for that, but Imagine rallies must attract a good number of people who are not normal and have more time on their hands than the average American.

Again, as a person of color, I have faced white racism. You have not. Until you face the many different ways in which it occurs, you will deny because you are white and want to believe it doesn't exist. The tea party was a racist movement. You guys want to make BLM into a KKK. The shooter in Dallas was not a member of BLM and whites have killed police.

Wrong. We have seen acts of white racism and El Paso verifies it.

no it's a fact
BTW was that a threat?

You would be wise to stop assuming what you assume. Because I am quite certain I have done better than you.

Wrong. We have seen acts of white racism and El Paso verifies it.
HUH? You do realize Latino isn't a race? Latinos are categorized as white.

Forum List

Back