What are your thoughts on the Universe?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Hey.....regardless of your religon...people believe in God and some don't....but even the people that believe in God...like me....I always think about God 24/7.....this world is so odd....the more I think about it....what do you think is out there? I really believe there is another kingdom somewhere in this Universe....it's just so hard to understand what this is.:confused:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Facts: It's big and it's old. We don't know for certain how big or how old.
Regardless- our concept of big and old is relative to our size and our day.
And at the end of the day what the hell does it matter. Curiosity. Questions. The unknown.
We all expend our lives in the flash of a moment in time. Our sun will go supernova in the blink of the cosmic calendar. Earth will be just another cinder in the expanse and the sum total of humanity's contribution to it all will not amount for shit.

Yet- the beauty of the moment of creation lies within a flower that we hold in our hand, then hand to a loved one who's eyes reflect the wonders of the universe. And the care and concern for another or others without regard to self is itself the fuel of the spirit- the spark of it all.

And that... makes it all worthwhile.

The end. :)

• Banned
Facts: It's big and it's old. We don't know for certain how big or how old.
Regardless- our concept of big and old is relative to our size and our day.
And at the end of the day what the hell does it matter. Curiosity. Questions. The unknown.
We all expend our lives in the flash of a moment in time. Our sun will go supernova in the blink of the cosmic calendar. Earth will be just another cinder in the expanse and the sum total of humanity's contribution to it all will not amount for shit.

Yet- the beauty of the moment of creation lies within a flower that we hold in our hand, then hand to a loved one who's eyes reflect the wonders of the universe. And the care and concern for another or others without regard to self is itself the fuel of the spirit- the spark of it all.

And that... makes it all worthwhile.

The end. :)

It makes me always wonder what this used to be and what it is out there....it's incredible almost...that intelligent life exists...what s this intelligent life and why are we like this and our body works that way....it's almost like something designed the Universe.....

Hey.....regardless of your religon...people believe in God and some don't....but even the people that believe in God...like me....I always think about God 24/7.....this world is so odd....the more I think about it....what do you think is out there? I really believe there is another kingdom somewhere in this Universe....it's just so hard to understand what this is.:confused:

I'm curious what has happened between the time we see the light and now. The starlight we see now is hundreds of thousands to billions of years in the past. What if we find out in the future that at some point it all just dissappears? and ..we truly are alone.

• Banned

I'm curious what has happened between the time we see the light and now. The starlight we see now is hundreds of thousands to billions of years in the past. What if we find out in the future that at some point it all just dissappears? and ..we truly are alone.

I dont think we are alone...and I know your gonna get mad my Huggy:D....but I believe a God designed this Universe...it just is so odd why things work that way...why does our body have this shape....functions.....everything is wierd...

It's physics and chemistry... and time. Put them all together in a really big environment and something groovy eventually results. That's us. We're groovy. Well sort of.

A flower grows. It's picked up. It's handed off as a gesture. There's such kindness about, and then there's such hate and evil about also. We humans have the ability to be kind or hateful and evil.

And that's not necessarily the nature of physics and chemistry... it's the nature of physics and chemistry over a very long period of time.

We're a dying race and a dying species. Our destiny is dust.

Stardust we are...

I saw these guys perform this live in Boston. Talked to the lead singer/head bongo Roine Stolt. Freaking lovely amazing introspective musical treatise...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PrjjSw2BA]The Flower Kings - Stardust We Are - YouTube[/ame]

• Banned
Why are we what we are? Everything is confusing.....everything looks designed and well balanced and working....why is the Universe working? What makes it work perfectly? It is so wierd I just never get it sometimes...

Don't leave me deaf-dumb in this silent cocoon
I gave my soul freely for a place in the sun
I know that I'm not the only one

The "silent cocoon" is this island earth.
The "sun" is the initial light.

Stardust we are, folks.

Picture the structure of our Solar System, with our Sun in the middle and the revolving Planets and Moons

Now picture the structure of an Atom, with it's Nucleus and surrounding Protons and Electrons

What massive structure/being is our Solar System a mere Atom of????

It's simple really.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

That's from Lord of the Rings. Gandalf talking to one of those little critter guys before they face certain death in battle.

We are all standing in the face of ultimate destruction.

It's simple really.

That's from Lord of the Rings. Gandalf talking to one of those little critter guys before they face certain death in battle.

I can't accept the idea that we came from nothing though....it's really hard to come to that conclusion

It's simple really.

I can't accept the idea that we came from nothing though....it's really hard to come to that conclusion

Or does it just hurt your feelings? Since you were an infant you were told you are special. Now special may mean something your parents and elders never thought of.

It's simple really.

Or does it just hurt your feelings? Since you were an infant you were told you are special. Now special may mean something your parents and elders never thought of.

My parents never were the kind who forced religon on me....I went to it myself recently actually.....now I did learn about my religon as a child...but it left my life....until I came back to it...that's why I'm so defensive of it

My parents never were the kind who forced religon on me....I went to it myself recently actually.....now I did learn about my religon as a child...but it left my life....until I came back to it...that's why I'm so defensive of it

Can you get a tad more specific? I ask because we've never discussed religion with our 17 year old, and now that she's away on her own I wonder where the wonders of life may take her.

Can you get a tad more specific? I ask because we've never discussed religion with our 17 year old, and now that she's away on her own I wonder where the wonders of life may take her.

Well yes...as a young baby I had many hospital visits, etc. I had bad athsma and other things....so I head a tough life...I don't remember it though....now i was out into a private school until about 2nd grade I was moved to a public school....the private school taught religion....so I wasn't the person who did waht religon says is Good...like praying, etc...but I never went to sins... I always stayed away from what religion describes as sins....

The shift into public schools changed me a bit....but I was still what Arabs call a multizim( someone who is moral and fears disrespecting and sinning) .....during high school I was shocked by the teens and how they are....everybody only cared about getting girls in their social life....or girls getting guys....and I hear many things of what people do at parties...it's not such a big deal though because I didn't care if people had sex....it's normal in high school and I had friends who tell me about sex and stuff...wanting me to smoke weed but I never did either....this made sound wierd....but I also never went to ask a girl out...I was asked in 6th grade to go with these girls to a canteen school party....but I rejected....

During the summer before 8th grade I visited the Gaza strip....a highly religous environment....I did a lot of things there and it was fun....but that got me into politics and into the Palestinian israeli conflcit....it got me researching a lot.....

I was still not religous....10th grade I wanted to be a more social person....and I succeded in that but my grades effed up it was a bit stressing too....and i ws invited to bonfires, parties, and doing drugs and crap....but I still always rejected as my life has always been like that I was always scared of those things....

Yet still I wasn't religious and I actually began doubting religion in 11th grade...and 11th grade was my most depressing year because I had to catch up from my poor performance in 10 th grade and this also caused me to move away from being with people.....that's when I got sort of extreme....I wasn't religous at all but I still didn't believe in what people are like? I would always ask myself is this what life really is? Just getting girls and Doin drugs and drinking? I hated that shit....The year was also depressing for other personal reasons....so I wanted to learn more about religous people...I went to the gaza strip again before 11th grade....it was short but fun....and I also experienced airstrikes and drone strikes.....its not a good scene they were near where I was....anyways that's when I went more on Internet and things.....then I just had a feeling that God is right.....but I didn't start praying right away....I was looking at Hadith(Islamic records of events and questions and answers)....they wre really inspiring and made sense to me....when I became religous I tried to become good than I did some thing wrong which I dont like to admit but I was masturbatign( young guys have crazy hormones...) and girls at school flash to much.....so yes in my religon jacking off is not allowed....so I completely stopped then I started praying and tried to be extreme in that I pray all prayers....and follow all the morals....not talking to girls...i wanted to grow a beard also but I didn't....Anyways that's when I started becoming a serious guy.......I almost started hating fun....

One night I was depressed about something and I was crying hard.....I never cry about anything....that year was depressing so i went to sleep alone....my family wasn't home....I was woken up at around 3am and I didn't turn around and didn't move but I felt something was behind me....it was scary and a good feeling as well...I don't know what it was but I translated a messed in my heart...and my heart understood it....I dont know how to explain it ...it's not a form of speech....it said I am watching and have been watching you....I felt awkard the whole day and was thinking about it....anyways now I am religous and pretty serious guy....and that made me like mature people only....

So that's all now I am myself in a good spot....I am stronger and I don't fear things anymore... It made my heart stronger....

So it was basically me not believing that life is just school, work, and sex and drinking....so I looked to God for answers ....literal answers of direct questions which God answers in Hadith that was told by Muhammad....

This is long but please read it

The way you should approach her? Well do you want her believing I religon?

I am the type of guy who likes religon....and I'm from a tough city(gaza strip) and I had tough and religous cousins....so it's kind of my nature that I am into religon it's a Palestinian thing....if you're from the gaza strip....they are pretty strict and stuff but it works...the autoritarian way...

And being from a conflcit background....I think about the war a lot....and it makes think more about God....

Forum List

Back