Reagan Cut And Run After Letting 241 Marines Be Murdered

And the right IS equating Romney to Reagan.

I guess we will also double the debt under Romney and raise taxes?

After Letting 241 Marines Be Murdered
???????????????????????????????????

What kind of sick fuck thinks that ANY President would "let" Marines be "murdered"??

:fu:

What kind of sick fuck thinks that ANY President would "let" Marines be "murdered"??

Yeah kind of reminds me of the threads about Obama letting marines and ambassadors be murdered.

Yeah kind of reminds me of the threads about Obama letting marines and ambassadors be murdered.

Never saw those kind of direct remarks.
But, if true, they're just as demented.

But since somebody else is a sick fuck, I guess it's okay to act the same way

That does seem to be the way current politics is played.
As long as the other side is a tiny bit worse than your side....

In spite of this colossal foreign policy and military blunder, Reagan was re-elected later that year because the democrats ran a poor candidate, just as Obama will be re-elected, for the same reason.

The same kinda sick fuck that says Obama let the Embassy be attacked.

Who?

Link?

Is that like Bush letting the Twin Towers be attacked?

:eusa_eh:

Some fucked up justifications going on, around here, for being a dishonest hack

:eusa_boohoo:

I don't think it is demented to suggest security was inadequate.

I don't think it is demented to suggest security was inadequate.

Security can never be fully adequate in all situations.

We just need to contract it all out so that no officials are at fault.

The same kinda sick fuck that says Obama let the Embassy be attacked.

Who?

Link?

Is that like Bush letting the Twin Towers be attacked?

:eusa_eh:

Some fucked up justifications going on, around here, for being a dishonest hack

:eusa_boohoo:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...r-to-the-embassy-attacks-and-did-nothing.html

America shouldn't have been in Lebonan and doing most of the bombings there....and before you say they didn't get real...America was doing a lot of the bombing for Israel

The following is from Reagan's autobiography:

Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines' safety that it should have.

In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believed the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today.

I would personally call on President Obama to follow his example.

America shouldn't have been in Lebonan and doing most of the bombings there....and before you say they didn't get real...America was doing a lot of the bombing for Israel

U.S. was doing most of the shelling? i thought it was for peace keeping?

No one in America will tell you that but yes they were sheling a lot....it wasn't peacekeeping...and either way America shouldn't have been there it was a war between Israel and PLO

Last edited:

The following is from Reagan's autobiography:

Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines' safety that it should have.

In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believed the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today.

I would personally call on President Obama to follow his example.

I don't see the logic in having an Embassy in a country destabilized by civil war. Maybe they thought helping them get rid of Gaddafi people would forget about the past.

Forum List

Back