What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

I consider myself a Christian. I tend to lean toward Universal Reconciliation. I do not believe in eternal punishing nor in a pre-tribulation rapture of the Church. I also believe when one dies, he remains in that state until called forth in a resurrection. I hold that no one has been judged and received any sentence of punishment or reward as of this date. I also believe that God created the heavens and the earth.

..... I'm looking to go in the Bull Ring with someone regarding Christianity and their Religious beliefs.

So tell me, which of the following do you believe (and, if it's not listed, please specify)

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic
3. Believes in a Supreme Being, but not the God of the Bible
4. Believes in something, not necessarily a person, but a force
5. Believes there is no one thing or person that rules, but, more of a cosmic chain of events.

Again, there are many options, but, I'd like to hear what you believe, even if you aren't sure or don't care.

Thanks,

jillian why do you think this question is funny? Just curious, not a challenge or anything...

What if we are really a bunch of stock animals for aliens, for instance ....if a alien feels like chinese food , a china man dies...Italian, a old itailian dude dies ...Texas BBQ... French ...And if the aliens are having a party well....a airplane goes down..lol :lol:

I may have thought of that on acid a long time ago...

So - question for all. Ultimately, do you believe we all live forever in some form or state, and, that there is no Hell. We either continue to live as we are now, just in another environment, or in a state of perfection? (heaven, or perhaps, just as a consciousness etc.)

Aliens could be good or evil.
They could have a completely different moral code/compass...

What if we are really a bunch of stock animals for aliens, for instance ....if a alien feels like chinese food , a china man dies...Italian, a old itailian dude dies ...Texas BBQ... French ...And if the aliens are having a party well....a airplane goes down..lol :lol:

I may have thought of that on acid a long time ago...

Or maybe like Men in Black. We are just a ball on the collar of some cat roaming around....

I consider myself a Christian. I tend to lean toward Universal Reconciliation. I do not believe in eternal punishing nor in a pre-tribulation rapture of the Church. I also believe when one dies, he remains in that state until called forth in a resurrection. I hold that no one has been judged and received any sentence of punishment or reward as of this date. I also believe that God created the heavens and the earth.
This is self defeating.

Try and figure out why, before I have to type it.

My religious beliefs?

Religion causes far more trouble than it's worth.

How about then, Spiritual beliefs?

I am up for the Bull ring, I have never been in there ..

But>>> I am heading to the oncologist today after having a CT yesterday to see if the cancer is back for the 3rd time.
I gave it all to God while having the CT...it is all too overwhelming .

its the only way to have peace.

I'm not sure if I'm going there or not (the Bull Ring) so, we'll see - even so, it's a message board, not like you have to be ever present to particpate.
Will send a few prayers your way.... hope is all good news !

This is self defeating.

I suppose I'm simply not as intelligent as you and fail totally to understand your request.

This is self defeating.

I suppose I'm simply not as intelligent as you and fail totally to understand your request.
Where did you gather the information in your brain to conclude to be a Christian, or, follower of "Christ?"

This is self defeating.

Where did you gather the information in your brain to conclude to be a Christian, or, follower of "Christ?"

Actually, I have read and studied the Bible. Wouldn't it be easier for you to simply state where you disagree with me?

True, but I would like to have a one on one back and forth on this with someone in particular. To really deep dive scenarios and see what actually DOES make sense...... It's not about conversion, it's about learning via debate.

Since I am Catholic and you are non-Catholic, perhaps there is something we can discuss. I do not care for the term "saved." To me, it sounds like many non-Catholic Christians are more concerned about the next life and judgement day than they are about making this life the best it can be, and this world the best it can be. I practice Christianity because of what it brings to this life, not for what it might bring about in the next. I do not accept, The moment one believes is the moment one knows he/she is "saved." What, exactly do you mean by "saved"?

(I think 'Redeemed' may be a better term.)

This is self defeating.

What's self defeating about what the_human_being had to say? I mean, in what way is it self-defeating?

Sadly, too many who claim to be Christians hold believes he would abhor.

Can you give one or two examples?

Sure; Quotes attributed to Jesus:

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

Let the one among you who is without sin be the first to cast a stone.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Read more at: Jesus Christ Quotes at BrainyQuote

All my horizontal mambo partners call me God......

You got it backwards. They're saying "dog!".

when they say that I flip em over and they go right back to "God".

:rofl:

Well I can't top that. Sometimes ya just gotta tip yer cap.
toth.gif

Forum List

Back