What Are Your Religious Beliefs?

I do not believe in the religious aspects of Christianity, but I believe in the spiritual connection with Jesus Christ.
Too many rules, hoops, guilt trips and crap to jump through to be/ become a believer if your into for the religious man man part of it.. Perhaps because I am still a old hippie...and buck the system.

We have already had this discussion so it is not new to you Bonzi.

True, but I would like to have a one on one back and forth on this with someone in particular.
To really deep dive scenarios and see what actually DOES make sense...... It's not about conversion, it's about learning via debate.

Having studies all the religions of the world through the history of humans, my conclusion is....What a load..

You need to get back on those acid trips and open your mind...lol.. :smoke:
I wish, know where any 4way window pane is?

I am watching this movie on TMC it is hysterical about Pot in 1968 with Peter Sellers..you might get a kick out of it..
Ok sorry to hi jack the thread.

No one hijacks my threads. Any conversation is welcome :)

I have no religious beliefs.

as an empiricist I have to say I am an agnostic with atheistic leanings.

That is EXACTLY where I was before I made a "confession of faith" - or whatever you want to call it.
I'm gravitating back to that direction as well. Which I actually find quite sad.. but, saving it for the Bull Ring.

Having studies all the religions of the world through the history of humans, my conclusion is....What a load..

You need to get back on those acid trips and open your mind...lol.. :smoke:
I wish, know where any 4way window pane is?

I wouldn't know, you can find anything online but I would be concerned about what it is mixed with nowadays. ...My husband and I were talking the other day that it might be cool to take some after all of these years..

Do you recall being able to figure out the whole universe?

I crashed trying to save the world..

..... I'm looking to go in the Bull Ring with someone regarding Christianity and their Religious beliefs.

So tell me, which of the following do you believe (and, if it's not listed, please specify)

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic
3. Believes in a Supreme Being, but not the God of the Bible
4. Believes in something, not necessarily a person, but a force
5. Believes there is no one thing or person that rules, but, more of a cosmic chain of events.

Again, there are many options, but, I'd like to hear what you believe, even if you aren't sure or don't care.

Thanks,

Unitarian Universalism:

I believe there is more one way to fine the divine being we search for and all of us have a common goal to find the meaning of life...

Was born to a Jewish mother and Catholic father, raised by a Jewish Aunt and Unitarian Uncle that was born into a Mennonite family.

( Yeah )

Faith is faith, religion religion.

You can have one without the other, but not the other without one.

I don't think to believe you have to have a big ego like "I have all the answers"

Maybe there are people that feel that way. I don't know. They my have firm convictions of their beliefs, but someone saying they know all the answers? Most of them just have complete trust in their Creator and his Ways. Not necessarily blind faith, perhaps they have put their faith in God and he has provided and come through. Or maybe not in the way they wanted, but, ultimately His plan was better...

No human being has WITNESSED either of your 2 parts (G.T.) - but they can believe what happens (for whatever reason) or just accept they don't know but it's in God's hands.

But bottom lining it, even when I was very devout in my Christian walk, I never had the audacity to say I knew all the answers. Only that I firmly believed in God and that Jesus died for us all.

I don't think to believe you have to have a big ego like "I have all the answers"

Maybe there are people that feel that way. I don't know. They my have firm convictions of their beliefs, but someone saying they know all the answers? Most of them just have complete trust in their Creator and his Ways. Not necessarily blind faith, perhaps they have put their faith in God and he has provided and come through. Or maybe not in the way they wanted, but, ultimately His plan was better...

No human being has WITNESSED either of your 2 parts (G.T.) - but they can believe what happens (for whatever reason) or just accept they don't know but it's in God's hands.

But bottom lining it, even when I was very devout in my Christian walk, I never had the audacity to say I knew all the answers. Only that I firmly believed in God and that Jesus died for us all.

What led you off the trail to your devout Christian ways?

Last edited:
..... I'm looking to go in the Bull Ring with someone regarding Christianity and their Religious beliefs.

So tell me, which of the following do you believe (and, if it's not listed, please specify)

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic
5. Believes there is no one thing or person that rules, but, more of a cosmic chain of events.

Again, there are many options, but, I'd like to hear what you believe, even if you aren't sure or don't care.

Thanks,

Unitarian Universalism:

I believe there is more one way to fine the divine being we search for and all of us have a common goal to find the meaning of life...

Was born to a Jewish mother and Catholic father, raised by a Jewish Aunt and Unitarian Uncle that was born into a Mennonite family.

( Yeah )

Reminds me of a quote I just saw the other day (I think it was on TV, and believe it was Mark Twain).... here it is:

7145765b7ba332aa1263220b7bfef4e5.jpg

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic

Thanks,

Unitarian Universalism:

( Yeah )

Reminds me of a quote I just saw the other day (I think it was on TV, and believe it was Mark Twain).... here it is:

7145765b7ba332aa1263220b7bfef4e5.jpg

Samuel Clemens was a very intelligent man...

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic

Thanks,

mixed 4 and 5

Whats blocking those with "faith" in a Religious God from accepting that 'they dont know' is a cross-breed of fear, and ego.

To have some humility before the biggest question of all is the epitome of being honest with ones' self.

My religious beliefs?

Religion causes far more trouble than it's worth.

How about then, Spiritual beliefs?

I am up for the Bull ring, I have never been in there ..

But>>> I am heading to the oncologist today after having a CT yesterday to see if the cancer is back for the 3rd time.
I gave it all to God while having the CT...it is all too overwhelming .

its the only way to have peace.

1. Atheist
2. Agnostic

Thanks,

I was raised and confirmed Catholic; I am and have been an agnostic since high school. That said, IF a supreme being exists, I believe S/He gave us a brain and free will, thus my behavior would not change if proof of a supreme being was established. I don't fear what cannot be proved, though I do accept the mores which have been attributed to Jesus Christ, be he a man or a son of god.

Sadly, too many who claim to be Christians hold beliefs he would abhor.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back