What Are Your Pet Peeves?

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
What are those little things that people do that just get under your skin or make you mumble under your breath?

For me ... a huge pet peeve is coworkers taking a tool from point A and leaving it at point B (which could be anywhere in the warehouse). It totally pisses me off when I go to get a tool from its place on the bench, and it isn't there. I then have to spend 30 minutes searching for it. Pure sloth and disregard for others.

Another pet peeve:

People who leave out the "N" and/or the "T" from common words. This trend has become popular in recent years for some, odd reason. For example:

Mountain is pronounced "Mow-un."
Kitten is pronounced "Ki-un."

And the list goes on.

Always has been on this board the incapability of most Americans to spell the word led and then use the word for the metal, lead

Otherwise, nobody expects them to take on words any bigger than 'macaroni'.[/B]

Another pet peeve:

People who leave out the "N" and/or the "T" from common words. This trend has become popular in recent years for some, odd reason. For example:

Mountain is pronounced "Mow-un."
Kitten is pronounced "Ki-un."

And the list goes on.

To me, that sounds so very ghetto. Even when I know and respect the person using it.

Always has been on this board the incapability of most Americans to spell the word led and then use the word for the metal, lead

Otherwise, nobody expects them to take on words any bigger than 'macaroni'.[/B]

Not all.

But that drives me somewhat nuts, also.

The other one is using phenomenon/phenomena incorrectly.

Not that hard.

Just a few :
  • Low information citizens who regurgitate their "teams" message.
  • Lack of individual research on key topics to provide a meaningful debate.
  • Lazy individuals who always talk about what they want, yet never do.
  • Maximum verbosity: if you can't say it simply, you don't understand the topic.
Racist!

Putin done it.

Besides, January 6th.

To me, that sounds so very ghetto. Even when I know and respect the person using it.

Me too!! I cringe over and over and over again every time these words are mispronounced. I used to live in Thornton, CO. The morning weather reporter on one of the local radio stations would report what the weather was going to be in Thor-un. For heaven's sake ... she was supposed to be a "professional" newscaster. I started turning off the radio just to avoid her.

Ghetto English is like a nail in my eardrum....

bragg finna indike.jpg

Me too!! I cringe over and over and over again every time these words are mispronounced. I used to live in Thornton, CO. The morning weather reporter on one of the local radio stations would report what the weather was going to be in Thor-un. For heaven's sake ... she was supposed to be a "professional" newscaster. I started turning off the radio just to avoid her.

I'd turn it off too.

I love the ladies that cover Donald Trump's rallies on RSBN, but one of them does it and it's like nails on a chalkboard.

By far my peevish pet peeve are people who walk their dogs unleashed. They believe their dogs are so well mannered and so well trained they don't need to be on a leash. Actually, dogs that are on a leash are easy prey, leaving the owner at the other end of that leash fighting the dog fight.

My dog was blind. Outside of the house she was always leashed. Every so often an unleashed dog would run up on her. She could not see, all she knew was that she was being jumped. And she would bite. Then the other dog defended himself. Leash laws are there for a reason.

Forum List

Back