What Are Your Pet Peeves?

By far my peevish pet peeve are people who walk their dogs unleashed. They believe their dogs are so well mannered and so well trained they don't need to be on a leash. Actually, dogs that are on a leash are easy prey, leaving the owner at the other end of that leash fighting the dog fight.

My dog was blind. Outside of the house she was always leashed. Every so often an unleashed dog would run up on her. She could not see, all she knew was that she was being jumped. And she would bite. Then the other dog defended himself. Leash laws are there for a reason.

Poor thing!

The only place where dogs should be off leash is an off leash park.

People who leave 2-3 seconds on the microwave without clearing the time
People who try to cut into a highway exit over the striped lines at the last minute, or drive on the shoulder in traffic
People who throw trash out of their vehicles
People who leave trash in apartment hallways instead of in their own apartment or walking it down to the cans.

Passive/aggressive drivers--those who get on the freeway..go precisely the speed limit in the fast lane and won't pull over into the right-hand lane to let others pass. As the traffic piles up behind them, you can see that smug look on their faces as they enforce their petty power over other's mobility.
If you call them on it, those types will inevitably put on a face of false virtue and declaim, "I was going the speed limit, that's the law."

Fuck em~

Passive/aggressive drivers--those who get on the freeway..go precisely the speed limit in the fast lane and won't pull over into the right-hand lane to let others pass. As the traffic piles up behind them, you can see that smug look on their faces as they enforce their petty power over other's mobility.
If you call them on it, those types will inevitably put on a face of false virtue and declaim, "I was going the speed limit, that's the law."

Fuck em~
In CA they would get a ticket soooooo fast!

For me ... a huge pet peeve is coworkers taking a tool from point A and leaving it at point B (which could be anywhere in the warehouse). It totally pisses me off when I go to get a tool from its place on the bench, and it isn't there. I then have to spend 30 minutes searching for it. Pure sloth and disregard for others.
I second this. I hate when I have to hunt for things because they are not where there are supposed to be. I also hate it when people do not bother to wash their hands after using a public restroom, but instead turn the place into their own little office cubicle because they can't lay their phone down for even two seconds.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Not all.

But that drives me somewhat nuts, also.

The other one is using phenomenon/phenomena incorrectly.

Not that hard.

Diploma Dumbo Grammar. Why Are These Inferior Minds Rewarded?

Another one is pronouncing processes "prah-sess-eeze." Typical of the shallow logic learned in college, gratchewits associate it with crisis, crises. But that plural would only apply if the singular were "processis."

* People who insist on taking their stinking dogs into grocery stores, restaurants and other confined, and otherwise relatively clean spaces.

I hate dealing with other peoples' animals. And I make it clear to them.

* People who keep leaving the checkout line in a grocery store to run back into the store to get items they forgot to buy while shopping. Grrrrrr...

What are those little things that people do that just get under your skin or make you mumble under your breath?

Using the word irregardless.

People try to justify it by saying, well it's in the dictionary. :yapyapyapf:

So what. :dunno:

Dictionaries add words that society incorrectly use all of the time. It doesn't mean they're correct words.

Last edited:
People who leave 2-3 seconds on the microwave without clearing the time
People who try to cut into a highway exit over the striped lines at the last minute, or drive on the shoulder in traffic
People who throw trash out of their vehicles
People who leave trash in apartment hallways instead of in their own apartment or walking it down to the cans.
Speaking of getting on a freeway. The reason it's called a "freeway ramp" is so you "ramp" up your speed when you're entering the freeway. A major pet peeve is getting behind that person who goes 25mph the entire distance of the ramp but doesn't speed up until they reach the freeway. Grrrrr!

Too many to list. From driving to shopping to living to workIng to govt i have 12,879 of them. Even jail does not escape me. Im drinking here!

Last edited:

Something none of us will ever be able to "fix", but that we dog owners hate!

Fireworks.

We hate seeing our pets suffer so much at those times of the year.

I live a block away from a University where fireworks are exploded for every reason under the sun. And half of the time ... their show doesn't begin until 9:00PM. I go to bed early and get up early, and there's nothing I can do to fully drown out the noise. Super rude and inconsiderate!

Forum List

Back